Tomoyo,is a Wonderful Life

Meliodas

Hello,i Have the game..but my friend said that in the end Tomoya dies and Tomoyo was alone... It's really the true end or a Bad Ending?

If you truly intend to be spoiled, then go ahead. As always, it is recommended you find out for yourself.

That is not the true end.

Edit: Please refer to the answer below. I might have erased any traumatic events from my mind post-playing.

whao! whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa!

Spoilers dude.

but

yes Tomoya does die and this is considered the true end. however i heard there was a pc version based on the ps2 version where it changes the true end to something else. not sure if they ever english patched that one. most likely though you have the version where tomoya's death is the true end.

But the game with i've downloading has a Perfect Edition of this game.. i dont know if this walkthrough will work.. A friend said me that 

tomoya dies in the end

that's a bullshit ending!! I need a happy ending please..

The only difference in the perfect edition is the protagonist is not voiced.

Everything is the same, that ending is a bad ending, there's still a happy ending in the game and the walkthrough will still work.

Don't be stupid.

I played the PS3 version, which has all the added plot and voiceover (including tomoya). In true ending, tomoya dies and leaves tomoyo alone. They add a CG at the end showing tomoya and tomoyo hand in hand, but apparently it's a picture from the past, which means the ending remains sad. I bet they add that picture as some sort of consolation.

There's no happy ending in this VN. Ironically, tomoya doesn't die in bad ending.

LoL, so the true ending is this bullshit? :angry:

It's a tragedy, it's not meant to be happy.

This is supposedly the ending the author intended for the characters.

There are happy ends though, they're just not the true ends.

I really question why you want to know all this instead of playing the game yourself.

It's a tragedy, it's not meant to be happy.

This is supposedly the ending the author intended for the characters.

There are happy ends though, they're just not the true ends.

I really question why you want to know all this instead of playing the game yourself.

I can't in good conscience play a Visual Novel with a bad true end myself. And if I do it will severely damper my mood as I go. I completely understand the questions, even if repetitive.

I asked you about Air in the past for the very same reason. And I stopped it because from what I understood it wouldn't be all that nice. Yet again, the reason I've been taking ages to finish One ~the radiant season~, if at all - and this game probably has the best common route I've ever played through.

Tragic Ends =/= Bad Ends. This is not a "bad true end", it's simply a true end, it's just that the game is a tragedy.

If you're so squimmish about something like the death of a character that you can't play an entire game, you're really missing out on many good stories.

And shame on you for not playing Air, one of Key's better VNs.

You need to realize that just because something is sad, it doesn't mean that it's bad, it actually more often than not elevates the story, it gives it more realism instead of an idialistic and unrealistic happy ending (I hate Clannad's true ending) and it makes the whole thing more memorable.

Characters dying always hurts me, but I never try to avoid it because I know more often than not they're more memorable.

Tomoyo After has a bittersweet ending, sure, but it's not a full fledged bad ending.

But, well, to each their own.

i think its shattering to see a beloved character that we got to know through 2 visual novels, an anime series with 2 seasons, several manga, and one movie, die. if tomoyo after was just a stand alone visual novel then it would still be sad but not as sad. i agree the ending is bittersweet but i think most of the sadness that people fee just comes from tomoya, a beloved long time character, dies.

To defend tragic endings

The entire Clannad universe had a very important theme of "moving on". You can see this very clearly.

Nagisa outright says (paraphrasing) "Nothing you likes lasts forever. Knowing that, can you still keep liking this town."

To which Tomoya answers (without much thought) "Just find something new that you like."

The entire Clannad story becomes Tomoya's own journey to learn that very lesson. First he grows past what he hates to find what he loves. Then he had to learn to accept loosing it and finding a new reason at life.

That's why Clannad's ending, though happy and popular, from a literary standpoint is a cop-out.

Maeda Jun decided to go back on his own established theme just to give the fans what they (not he) wanted.

He didn't even need to write a tragic ending even if he doesn't revive Nagisa. There's no reason he couldn't have Tomoya just live happily with Ushio, maybe even remarrying.

From that point then, Tomoyo After's tragic ending is much better than Clannad's happy ending. It keeps to the theme.

Tomoya and Tomoyo had to help people around them learn to move on. Now she's tested herself if she could.

The story and ending have room for improvement, but it is much better than Clannad's ending from a literary thematic point of view.

I will state once again that I am not attacking tragic ends, nor do I feel they need be eradicated, simply that I can't enjoy such a story.

I'm not a person who can enjoy being sad through a piece of entertainment. Whether that particular piece is the most beautiful and perfect thing that's ever appeared on earth is something else entirely.

Tragic Ends =/= Bad Ends. This is not a "bad true end", it's simply a true end, it's just that the game is a tragedy.

If you're so squimmish about something like the death of a character that you can't play an entire game, you're really missing out on many good stories.

And shame on you for not playing Air, one of Key's better VNs.

You need to realize that just because something is sad, it doesn't mean that it's bad, it actually more often than not elevates the story, it gives it more realism instead of an idialistic and unrealistic happy ending (I hate Clannad's true ending) and it makes the whole thing more memorable.

Characters dying always hurts me, but I never try to avoid it because I know more often than not they're more memorable.

Tomoyo After has a bittersweet ending, sure, but it's not a full fledged bad ending.

But, well, to each their own.

I will concede that my wording may have misled you, in the first place, calling certain ends "bad" is ridiculous. How am I to know if I am referring to one of those ends where the story didn't end as intended and things turned sour or if I'm referring to an end that's actually just utter rubbish?

That aside, my bad is meant as "not good in every aspect".

I may be missing out on a lot of good stories, but they'd stop being good from the point where I can't enjoy them forward, wouldn't they? In which case, to me, they can't be considered good stories, can they? Be them masterpieces or whatever.

I can understand if you make the counterargument that if I only got annoyed by the ending, then it was still worth it. I can't really refute this, and I am willing to put up with a bad taste there in the end, as I did with this game which was going just fine and dandy up until the last 100 lines if that. 

As I said, I simply can't proceed with any peace of mind and and enjoy the game knowing it'll end badly.

It's not impossible I'll continue with Air, for instance, I was pretty satisfied with the routes I did play, I still have one to go, I probably just won't move on to the true route.

I shan't comment on your opinion, which clearly differs from mine, though it has sound logic.

As for me, given how I can't enjoy sad endings, it's easy to see where I'm standing and how I'd take idealistic nonsense any time of the day.

Can I call myself and idealistic pragmatist? Is that even possible?

I, on the other hand, couldn't care less if I'll remember it generations in the future so long as I enjoy the moment.

And again, I managed to tolerate Tomoyo After's ending, so I have no objections.

Each to their own, my friend, it is impossible for everyone's tastes to match, and impossibler to convert people's tastes with any ease.

Thanks for help..So i won't play this game... I like tomoyo.. She's my favorite girl after Nagisa..

Hey Meliodas, I'm on the same boat, I find it hard to enjoy a game if I know beforehand that it will  have a sad ending that will leave me unsatisfied...

I didn't know it beforehand  when I was on my playthrough, so the whole last chapter until that point left like a very well deserved reward after all that Tomoya had been through and manage to overcome... won't spoil this part, but trust me you'll love it!

Now onto to the topic of the ending...  There are several versions of this game and from what I understand each added more content, the only version that has the "incomplete" ending is the first release, which, if it weren't for the internet, would never be around anymore...

Btw that last part is not a fanfic, it's what the creators of the game decided to add to the game..  

As far as know, the only version that has an English translation is the 2005 release, so many people, including myself, won't be able to enjoy the complete story...  

You however, don't seem to be on the same boat, because you have the Perfect Edition and can read it too (yeah, I'm envious :) )...  

Regariding what actually happens in the end...

In the credits, there's a dialogue they have, after Tomoya undergoes an operation...

Some assume that Tomoya has died and that the dialogue occurs after Tomoyo herself also has died and they reunite in some form of afterlife...

Others believe that he underwent surgery and woke up after being in a coma for a while and now they'll finally have the chance to be together with no more waiting for him on Tomoyo's part...

The second one is, for me the real TRUE END... The Reasons:

1) I want it to be be :)

2) From a logical point of view, the first one assumes that they meet in the afterlife, which is on itself a supernatural occurrence... but even though those themes were part of the original Clannad, in Tomoyo After they are completely absent...

3) The version where he wakes up after a coma is perfectly logical within the context of the rest of the narrative. Waking up after a coma can and does happen in our world. And this one is the one featured in the fandisk.

While that doesn't completely preclude the existence of supernatural themes here, unless clearly stated, the assumption is that they do not.

So go ahead and play the game, you'll definitely enjoy it!!!

The fandisk  (Wonderful Life) is a different game from Clannad, if by normal game you meant that.

It would be like an afterstory, but for Tomoyo...

As for the fandisk itself, it had a different ending in the first release than it had in all the versions that followed it... 

The perfect edition, the one you are getting, has the current ending and that one is not THAT bad...