Bunny Black Info/Help Topic

Martic

I found Cass only in the cave in my second play, in the Mapping mission.

I guess we can't find them in extermination mission. Neither in frozen or lave dungeon or thicket right?

By the way, beating the whole Cass team twice doesn't unlock her scene.

About juju I don't remember if I saw her in my second play yet in town, I guess if that's the case and wait too long it's too late?

For Juju, do you at least went to the overgrown thicket once? I do remember going several times to the overgrown thicket for some side-mission and the storyline mission, and after a while of going back and forth from rakia's shop and to Darx's room (I wanted to go to the room of travels but miss clicked several times), I got one scene with Juju in the town, after that I never got anymore events with Juju because I almost never went to the overgrown thicket.

I'm in my 2nd playtrough to get more cgs but I went so fast to the end and didn't get anything new, i really want Rakia CG, if anyone knows how to pick. And, what happens if you get more renown points? I'm Dungeon Midboss, do I get more CG, new room, what?

I'm in my 2nd playtrough to get more cgs but I went so fast to the end and didn't get anything new, i really want Rakia CG, if anyone knows how to pick. And, what happens if you get more renown points? I'm Dungeon Midboss, do I get more CG, new room, what?

Having more renown points may lead to more CGs maybe? But I do know that you get more CP by ranking up. For Rakia's CGs, did you pay her when you were asked to? I payed 10k, someone 5001 is the right amount to also recruit her, and I got her CGs with that by keep going back and forth from Darx's room and her shop.

I'm an hour or so in. Do you get a way to fix broken items later or are they vendor trash?.

Yes, you do. I think there is probably a skill that decreases the chances of getting broken item, leveling that may lead to a skill that fix the broken items? (Not confirmed) However, you can fix broken items the same way you appraise them at Rakia's shop, after you appraise them if its broken, there should xxxx number instead of the -----.

Yes, you do. I think there is probably a skill that decreases the chances of getting broken item, leveling that may lead to a skill that fix the broken items? (Not confirmed) However, you can fix broken items the same way you appraise them at Rakia's shop, after you appraise them if its broken, there should xxxx number instead of the -----.

Ah right. I see. I had assumed that was sell price

Ah right. I see. I had assumed that was sell price

Yeah, same thing but one time I accidentally clicked it and it fixed the broken item but I tend not to fix the broken items because I always got bad items and also the fix price is equal to the sell price of the item, so... sometimes I rather sell it and just wait patiently for items that aren't broken. Also, I forgot to mention that I don't recommend leveling the skill that decreases the chances of getting broken items because for me, it doesn't seem to work well, it is much better to allocate it to something else. 

Btw, I didn't know 2 hawk's feathers stack with each other, that's a new information to me, nice catch.

I'm not 100% sure that they stack, but it certainly seems like they do because I'm pretty sure my vision range was shorter back when I had just one....I suppose I could do something scientific to actually test if they stack or not, but I don't have time to get to that right now...when I do that, I'll also try hiring that demon that increases sight range too and see if that stacks at all. Anyway, at the very least, you want to have at least one feather when you do messenger and delivery missions all of the time because they are really useful (especially if you want to find yellow units like Cass easily).

EDIT: Yeah, they definitely stack. Went to the Demon's gate, reloaded, sold a feather, and went back. My sight range was about 5 squares less. I then reloaded, hired a rock hawk and revisited the gate...I don't think my sight range increased, but at that point I had two feathers and a bird, so it was kind of hard to notice the max range increasing. Since I don't know how much the rock hawk effects vision range, I can't tell how effective it was.

EDIT 2: I actually found Cass in the Demon Gate in that save with the rock hawk and finally got her last scene, so here's something to confirm that she can show up when you're level 99 and after you've rescued the princess. Take it how you will and hopefully it will help us find a foothold to getting a good way to find her.

Edited by Vorthod Wiler

I'm not 100% sure that they stack, but it certainly seems like they do because I'm pretty sure my vision range was shorter back when I had just one....I suppose I could do something scientific to actually test if they stack or not, but I don't have time to get to that right now...when I do that, I'll also try hiring that demon that increases sight range too and see if that stacks at all. Anyway, at the very least, you want to have at least one feather when you do messenger and delivery missions all of the time because they are really useful (especially if you want to find yellow units like Cass easily).

EDIT: Yeah, they definitely stack. Went to the Demon's gate, reloaded, sold a feather, and went back. My sight range was about 5 squares less. I then reloaded, hired a rock hawk and revisited the gate...I don't think my sight range increased, but at that point I had two feathers and a bird, so it was kind of hard to notice the max range increasing. Since I don't know how much the rock hawk effects vision range, I can't tell how effective it was.

EDIT 2: I actually found Cass in the Demon Gate in that save with the rock hawk and finally got her last scene, so here's something to confirm that she can show up when you're level 99 and after you've rescued the princess. Take it how you will and hopefully it will help us find a foothold to getting a good way to find her.

finally collected Cass 2 extra scenes and 100% CG. Each scene unlocked when you beat her 4 or 5 times. So you have to beat her 8-10 times. I encouter her in deliver, messenger and patrol mission. Ayaka's scenes unlocked after beat her 3 times. To get all her extras you have to beat her 9 times.

Alright thanks for the confirmation. I was wondering about the usefulness of rock hawk too, its awareness doesn't seem to change your sight range that much, hawk's feather seems to give more effectiveness rather than bringing rock hawk which I think I rather put someone else rather than rock hawk.

Without actually counting. feathers seem to increase range by about 5 squares while hawks seem to do 2 or 3. Not useless, but if you don't have extra command available, you can probably recruit better things. That being said, once you get so high level that you can solo most groups with just a cast or two of full-AoE magic, having a few hawks might make your search missions faster.

So if I understand well, if you have 2 feathers and one rock hawk it's more effective, but it let you only see the enemy around you right? You don't have a better vision of the map itself?

By the way, have you ever seen Cass/Ayaka in Den of Malvolence, Overgrown, Cavern of Flame (I wonder if this dungeon trigger some event because it is pretty useless) Garden Lair, frozen wood and Shrine of the Overlord?

I don't think we can meet them in extermination mission though.

Yes, Feathers and hawks increase the range at which you can spot the colored dots on the map, but they will not do anything to fill in missing spaces in your map. That being said, I haven't really seen evidence that you have to stop at those numbers. There's nothing to indicate that you couldn't find a third or fourth hawk's feather or hire a bunch of rock hawks

I...think I've met Cass in the Den of Malevolence before. I know I've met someone in the Cavern of Flame because I remember laughing at their low hp. This was all before I realized how much attention I should have been paying to it all, so sadly I don't have much more info than that.

Yes, Feathers and hawks increase the range at which you can spot the colored dots on the map, but they will not do anything to fill in missing spaces in your map. That being said, I haven't really seen evidence that you have to stop at those numbers. There's nothing to indicate that you couldn't find a third or fourth hawk's feather or hire a bunch of rock hawks

I...think I've met Cass in the Den of Malevolence before. I know I've met someone in the Cavern of Flame because I remember laughing at their low hp. This was all before I realized how much attention I should have been paying to it all, so sadly I don't have much more info than that.

Thanks for the info.. It really helps a lot

By the way, have you ever seen Cass/Ayaka in Den of Malvolence, Overgrown, Cavern of Flame (I wonder if this dungeon trigger some event because it is pretty useless) Garden Lair, frozen wood and Shrine of the Overlord?

I don't think we can meet them in extermination mission though.

I've seen Ayaka on Cavern of Flame before

Thanks for the tips with hawk's feather and teleporting on those green dots. I don't realize that they stack and help a lot during searching missions and searching yellow enemies.

Btw, I bring 3 hawk's feather and 2 rock hawks, so yeah, you can get a lot of them, but i don't really know how much the additional 3rd hawk's feather or 2 rock howks matters. I can kinda see 3/4 or 4/5 map from one corner though...

Anyway, I tried mage path on 2nd playthrough, MC is around lv 70 and I only max the advance spells for every type. It's great to have 32 full AOE attack, but I noticed that the damage is really lacking compared on the first playthrough when I go with daggers..

I don't know if it's the difference from easiest enemy strength to the strongest enemy strength, but so far I didn't see a good single target attack for bosses when building mage? and my AOE can't kill enemies in most harder maps  in a single attack. Is it normal? Kinda annoying since it seems the ally demons can damage enemies for 200+ (single and AOE) while MC can't do that kind of damage (even when boosted with 2 Dark Mage)

Oh, how do you get better gears? Is it totally random from chests? 

3) no idea. If numbers' are the deciding factor. I've basically gone full man mode by turning the AI to "standby" mode and wrecking everybody with waves upon waves of full AoE magic. I've killed dozens of adventurers or all sorts and only have managed to recruit warrior, rogue, and adept. That being said, I'm pretty sure I've been fighting warlords instead of basic fighters, so it looks like the higher-level palette swaps do work for the counter...if there is one.

PS: you don't get a "choice" to recruit them. Rakia just decides to pop up and say "hey, an adventurer decided to join you. They're in your 'hired units' list now" and you only get one (as far as I know).

Found a way to cheat them in, I didn't actually save that game though.  Just wanted to see how far your vision would extend with an inventory full of Hawk Feathers and 8 Roc Hawks.  I only have 3 Feathers on my actual save file.

Also I nabbed an item and I'm not sure what it does.  It's an accessory called Box of Light, and the description is "You can see far away when it's equipped."  Has anyone else got one of these?  I'm not sure if it extends my vision range or the range I can 'sense' enemies, like Hawk Feathers.

I do need to light off two or three spells to kill everyone, and there really isn't a good way to do single target magic damage from what I can see, so my next playthrough is definitely going to be an archer run.

wait, so Darx can recruit one adventurer every time he gains one level (with no rollover)? That would explain a bit. Where exactly is this "garbled memo page" you mentioned? Since I speak Japanese, I might be able to get a clearer translation.

Also, thanks a bunch for confirming the vision range stuff. Perhaps I need to grab myself a cheat engine to do the same. 

How is Mana Magic?  It's the last type of magic you can get based on your level... so is it the "best" magic to get?

I understand fire/ice, dark/holy & lighting (no counter to that right?)  but what type of dmg does mana magic do?  or is it effective against casters more so than melee types?

Mana seems to be 'non-elemental'.  It's neutral against everything, or at least that is my observation so far.

Also I said I'd look up the specific ranges for Hawk Feather/Awareness, got around to that.  You start with a base of 0, which is the default detection range.  Awareness adds 1 per character with the ability (It is active both in the active party and in reserve).  Hawk Feathers give 4 each.

While there is plenty to like here watching your faerys heal things that have only taken 1 damage and then running out of charges on your heal just as you get to the point where you actually need them is so damned frustrating.

Preach it, Brother.

But yeah, luckily that becomes slightly less of a problem in late game because you get more uses of those healing abilities. Until then, some people recommend giving Darx some healing abilities to compensate for the bad AI. I don't find it necessary to do that, but I don't condemn the choice by any means, so do with that what you will.