Cho Dengeki Stryker opinions?

AlexZandria

So MG is having that April Fools day sale for a few titles and Cho Dengeki Stryker is the only game on sale that I don't have a copy of yet. I was curious as to what people's overall opinions on the VN was and if it's worth getting? It's a 50% off sale but there really aren't many reviews on MG to base a decision off of.

If it helps any the notable titles I've read are the Dangan Ronpa Series, 999, DRAMAtical Murder, Hadaka Shitsuji, No Thank You!!!, Sweet Fuze, Long Live the Queen. I've also bought (but haven't finished yet) titles such as Eden*, Which Girl Should I Choose?, the Royal Trap, Hatoful Boyfriend, etc. Mostly Get Out While You Can and Yaoi/BL so I'm hoping that Cho Dengeki Stryker is a title that caters to a less niche audience.

Thanks guys! And in case you hadn't heard of it Go! Go! Nippon, Eden*, and Cho Dengeki Stryker were all supposed to be on 50% off sale for April Fool's this week.

Thanks guys I appreciate the comments :) I don't know how appealing the "little childish at times" kind of thing will be but it sounds like people enjoyed it so I guess I'll give it a go.

Ryechu reviewed it for FuwaReviews and really enjoyed it: http://reviews.fuwanovel.net/official-fuwareviews/chou-dengeki-stryker/

I enjoyed it; has a good story, likable characters and good music and artwork. I'll admit the first story, Zero Saga, is the weakest of them but it gets better from there. I admit I wasn't all that bothered by the childish aspect of the story since that's kind of the point and since I still watch kid's cartoons (the good ones) that could be another reason I wasn't bothered.

It's better than most VNs on steam, at least.  I'd rate it around three ranks from the top (The top being stuff like F/SN and Grisaia, while second to the top would be something like Majikoi).  It's not perfect but it's really quite good.  Certainly worth a read.

It was the one and only VN from Overdrive that I actually liked.

I've looked into Overdrive's other titles and can say neither of them looked that interesting xD

It's better than most VNs on steam, at least.  I'd rate it around three ranks from the top (The top being stuff like F/SN and Grisaia, while second to the top would be something like Majikoi).  It's not perfect but it's really quite good.  Certainly worth a read.

Pshhh Long Live the Queen is hands down best game under the VN tag even though it's a raising sim and not a VN ;( but I'm glad it's better than most Steam games (although I think it's pretty far down the list because I never really saw it browsing through the tag) because a lot of them have really sucked.

I actually wrote a FuwaReview about CDS.  http://reviews.fuwanovel.net/2014/11/cho-dengeki-stryker-a-damn-good-superhero-vn/

It does contain a few minor spoilers for the beginning of the game, if you're not familiar with the series at all.

Short version:  It's great, but the fight scenes end up being recycled a lot, and the H-Scenes could have been a lot more integrated, especially later.

If you don't care about the 18+ version, the All-Ages version is just as good.