A curious, yet simple question on VN

simon4811

When you guys play VN's, do you usually let the voices play out even when you read faster than their voices play? I usually tend to just hit enter the moment I finish reading the text, regardless of whether the voices has finished playing. I'm pretty sure most people would even skip the moaning sounds during the H-Scenes completely. So what are your thoughts and tendencies? 

I also tend to skip the voices once I finish reading the text. Some characters seem to speak slowly for no reason and it feels like a drag to let them finish talking.

Unless I really like hearing the character speaking or if the scene is really important, I almost always skip spoken lines.

In h-scenes I usually let them finish whatever they're saying. Because, you know, science.

I also tend to skip the voices once I finish reading the text. Some characters seem to speak slowly for no reason and it feels like a drag to let them finish talking.

Unless I really like hearing the character speaking or if the scene is really important, I almost always skip spoken lines.

In h-scenes I usually let them finish whatever they're saying. Because, you know, science.

Agreed completely

though since I started replaying Danganronpa this Tuesday, I've let almost all voice acting go rampant, but maybe that is because it is so good (and the class trials are all VERY important)

If I read it in English, I just skip the voice once I finish reading it. It feels like a drag, to wait on it since I'd read it way faster.  If I'm reading it in Japanese, I always let the voice finish, and mostly try following along. For H-scenes, it depends.. 

Well, there are also times I'll let a VN go into Auto mode, while I read it in English... almost like watching an anime with subtitles.. I do that, if I feel it's engaging enough or in the mood to be patient.

When you guys play VN's, do you usually let the voices play out even when you read faster than their voices play? I usually tend to just hit enter the moment I finish reading the text, regardless of whether the voices has finished playing. I'm pretty sure most people would even skip the moaning sounds during the H-Scenes completely. So what are your thoughts and tendencies? 

I let the voices play out before clicking next - if you have even a remote understanding of the language, you can sometimes catch alot of meaning from the intonation of their voices. It adds to their depth and personality imo.

Random example, depending on how a character asks "neh?", it can range from funny all the way to completely insane. Something text can't really relay well.

As for Hscenes, It depends on the VN tbh - some are worth listening/reading - and others I will ctrl-skip asap.

I have since given up on listening to the audio in VNs so that I can focus on reading the story. It also allows me to get through a title much faster. I know I am potentially missing some great soundtracks, but hearing voices doesn't really improve my experience since I don't know Japanese.

But this is coming from someone who read manga long before they ever watch anime so my opinion is rather biased

I usually enjoy the voices , because that is a huge part of what VNs are, I do skip some H scenes though , I usually skip most H scenes,sometimes I read some parts of it just to see whats going on , but I skip during H all the time. when I feel like Im kind of dragging this out, I start flipping as soon as I finish the text, that doesn't happy very often, unless it is a really long arc or one really long explanation.