Spring 2015 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Double-post #fuckdapolice

Euphonium #12 is the best episode I've seen this season. And I could probably throw in last season too for free.

Everything about it was extremely good, Kumiko's development was great and it packs all the themes of Euphonium in one single episode. And we even got one cut of splendid running animation that displayed a lot of emotion. 10/10.

If the final can be on that level it's anime of the season hands down.

It won't be anime of the season becase #GintamaFagHere but it's already stolen 2nd spot for me.

Indeed that running scene just made me throw 10/10's at the screen. I just hope the ending isn't super rushed and really showcases everything they've worked hard for all this time. Good job KyoAni, you're relevant again.

This episode basically "solved" everything the series had to solve through Kumiko. It displayed absolutely everything the show was about: regrets, uncertainty about the future, the love of music, everything. Ep 8 had closed the thread of Kumiko and Reina's reconciliation, and now Kumiko's development is pretty much done.

So all they have to do, really, is the concert. I'm expecting something great, KyoAni. But I have trust.

Mikagura, I tried loving you so much but you kept throwing curve balls at me. I guess it just wasn't destined to be.

This anime is a prime example of how not to rush a show out the door.

So so so many quality issues, really eye popping character deformities and just overall sloppy art direction.

The story was very rushed to say the least and the ending was really bad imo, it's like they ran out of budget to animate 3 extra minutes and just cut to a bunch of still shots and went kthnxbai.

At least the mid show illustration cards were awesome so that's something... I guess.

The sole reason I sticked through this is because of how mucb I love the original song series and I could appreciate all the references the anime did.

But sadly, in terms of execution, Dogakobo just flopped soooo hard with this one.

I'm torn, can't even rate it properly now. It's not that it bored me, just that the production was horrid to the point where even a fan like me got bothered by it. I'll likely still give it a 7 just because a lot of the episodes were genuinely fun and Eruna is the best genki girl ever, but more than that is impossible.

It could have been so much more... what a shame.

I am perplexed. I had such high hopes for a couple of series this season. They all failed to deliver except Oregairu. 

Plastic Memories - I never experienced the feels. It was sad. It had such great potential.

Arslan Senki - The best anime of the season in my opinion. It keeps me entertained and I am happy it is 24 episodes.

Owari no Seraph - Enjoyable but I am a few episodes behind schedule. Can't really state my opinion. 

UBW S2 - I think the first season was much better. Something is lacking. It felt like they never make progress. Yes I compare it to Fate/Zero. Everyone just disappeared without contest. 

DanManchi -  Overall a big surprise. I expected the generic harem but it delivered a lot. 

ReKan - Dropped after 3 episodes. I could't take it.

Nisekoi - I should read the manga instead. This isn't going anywhere.

Ore Monogatari - It failed to keep my interest up. 

Oregairu S2 - This was a clusterfuck with all the new characters. I had problem keeping up with it. But I managed and it developed really well. 

Top 3: Arslan Senki, Oregairu and DanMachi.

Kekkai Sensen. Is it really that good?

I am perplexed. I had such high hopes for a couple of series this season. They all failed to deliver except Oregairu. 

Plastic Memories - I never experienced the feels. It was sad. It had such great potential.

Arslan Senki - The best anime of the season in my opinion. It keeps me entertained and I am happy it is 24 episodes.

Owari no Seraph - Enjoyable but I am a few episodes behind schedule. Can't really state my opinion. 

UBW S2 - I think the first season was much better. Something is lacking. It felt like they never make progress. Yes I compare it to Fate/Zero. Everyone just disappeared without contest. 

DanManchi -  Overall a big surprise. I expected the generic harem but it delivered a lot. 

ReKan - Dropped after 3 episodes. I could't take it.

Nisekoi - I should read the manga instead. This isn't going anywhere.

Ore Monogatari - It failed to keep my interest up. 

Oregairu S2 - This was a clusterfuck with all the new characters. I had problem keeping up with it. But I managed and it developed really well. 

Top 3: Arslan Senki, Oregairu and DanMachi.

Kekkai Sensen. Is it really that good?

I still don't understand why people adore DanMachi so much.  Its so generic in pretty much every way from my view.

Arslan Senki: Never hit it off with me, it promised fantasy, yet its actually just historic fiction.

My opinion of DanMachi was a boring harem/ecchi show with no sense. Yes it is not a masterpiece but it got an actual plot with progress and some development even though it is a bit silly and stupid. But my expectations of the show were blown away. So I liked it a lot more than I thought even though it is nothing special or not even in the same league as other series this season. So I guess my rating is both from my expectations and enjoyment. I enjoy the show for what it is without doing silly and stupid stuff other harem/ecchi show does. DanMachi is doing it too. But more subtle. 

History is a trigger for me. I have a huge weakness about it. So I don't really care what it is. I am enjoying it massively. 

I still don't understand why people adore DanMachi so much.  Its so generic in pretty much every way from my view.

I don't think it's anything novel by any stretch of the word, but it's entertaining. There's one heroine in particular with a nice a touching story, albeit cliched, and the adventures are nice. And for this being worked on by the same guy who directed Little Busters and Kill Me Baby, the director really took a huge step up with this and betrayed all the expectations I had initially (I was actually gonna avoid DanMachi because of him). This anime has done enough for me to consider it above average.

I don't think it's anything novel by any stretch of the word, but it's entertaining. There's one heroine in particular with a nice a touching story, albeit cliched, and the adventures are nice. And for this being worked on by the same guy who directed Little Busters and Kill Me Baby, the director really took a huge step up with this and betrayed all the expectations I had initially (I was actually gonna avoid DanMachi because of him). This anime has done enough for me to consider it above average.

Pretty much this. I expected a piece of garbage but got something I never could have imagined. Therefor the enjoyment and overall experience is higher.

Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken was nice. 

I guess this is the end of the road for the series? I kind of wanted to see their baby, oh well.

8/10 it's a pretty relaxing series, can't disappoint much.

Though I didn't get as invested in the second season, I liked the charm of the first a bit better, am I the only one?

Yeah, I think that much of the enjoyment I have of DanMachi is derived from the fact that I was expecting it to be a show I dropped after a few episodes.  The action ranges from decent to pretty great, the characters are pretty good(not outstanding, but most are fairly memorable), and all in all, it's just a good take on the whole JRPG/fantasy premise that we've been seeing lately.  The music is good too, which helps.  Compared to some shows that I had greater expectations for(fucking Owari no Seraph), I found DanMachi surprisingly good.

DanMachi is over. The sig will stay though, to forever remind everyone of the truth.

What sig?  :wahaha:

For UBW, it's probably been said before, but something feels off about it.  I know they added and changed some content, but I can't point at exactly what.  :vinty:

It's still eyecandy, but I can't get rid of this awkward feeling of something being out of place...

Well some of the obvious content added/changed just off the top of my head:

• Fate route related exposition and flashbacks added to add content for Illya and Saber as well as to help with world building(something that is done throughout all three routes in the VN)
  • Anime original flashbacks to add backstory to characters(most noticeably Caster and Archer) as well as to tie the show into Fate/Zero
  • Added scenes giving more screen time to Caster's skelepuppies
  • Changed Caster encounter from Emiya residence to random bridge so that Caster could use water skeletons for some reason
  • Highly reduced internal monologue for Shirou(no surprise there)
  • Never got the full incantation for Unlimited Blade Works
  • Highly altered fight at the Einsbern castle, and not in the way I would have expected(or that was particularly consistent with the rest of the show)

All in all, I liked the adaptation, but I can't say that it was a fantastic one.  There was a lot they could have done within the allotted episodes that would have made it truer to its source while still being a good stand alone show.  But it's not like they went Grisaia on us or anything.  I'd say it's about as faithful as the Steins;Gate adaptation(though Steins;Gate stands on its own better due to the difference in route structures).  In an ideal world we would have gotten a Fate adaptation in place of Fate/Zero, with F/Z coming in after Heaven's Feel instead.  That alone would have fixed a lot of UBW's problems.

I've kind of got mixed feelings about Plastic Memories.  It wasn't anything at all like what I was expecting.  I don't hate it, but I'll probably forget about it down the road.  It was enjoyable and that's all.  Given it had the scenario writer from Steins;Gate on board, I was expecting more than that.

Still worth a watch though.

Okay, so that ending just bumped my opinion of Plastic Memories up a few notches.  It wasn't the show I was expecting to get, but for what it was, it was well executed.  I do think it would have been better as a 2-cour show, but we can't have everything...

I fucking love you Based Commie.

Never change.

9aYij8u.jpg

xgjFtiB.jpg

zP8xs3P.jpg

o4YmWZG.jpg

This season of Oregairu wasn't as much of a hit for me.

Quality went up but the story itself was a bit more iffy.

I didn't like the new girl that much although she had her moments.

Haruno became a bit annoying towards the end for no reason.

And that cliffhanger ending is seriously bullshit.

I'm giving it a 7/10 because I know this is what the show is all about but I thought these arcs weren't as great as the ones in the first season overall and non conclusive ending is always a downside.

In short: Komachi best grill.

Pretty good, if rather predictable, ending to Plastic Memories, though I'm still very salty that they basically avoided every single aspect of the Giftias except the lifespan.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I mean by it needing to be 2-cour.  It touched on a couple of issues, but treated them as episodic throw-away content.  The show needed more room to breathe and establish some world-building.