Spring 2015 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Nagato Yuki Chan has finally established itself as one of the best shows this season

I still can't believe how it went from painfully average to fucking amazing but yea that happened

Is that so? I guess I should continue it then after having stopped at ep6^^

I don't really feel that way.  Like it got better, but I feel like it's only temporary and it's not outstanding. 

Definitely not Kekkai Sensen level. 

I can always put it on hold again later I guess^^

I guess I should make a short list about all the shows I'm watching this season:

• Danna ga Nani...: still amusing, nice short-anime
  • Denpa Kyoushi: not the best adaption, what I've seen of the manga looked better
  • DanMachi: i like it, would be hyped for a 2nd season, one of my favs this season
  • FSN/UBW: it's good for what it is, but there were a few things that didn't sit too well with me when I judge it as an adaption, last ep was good though
  • Euphonium: on hold at 6/13, it doesn't quite manage to keep my attention, but will finish it eventually
  • Kekkai Sensen: nice setting, nice characters, but I think it could've been better if it had a coherent story from the start and wasn't as episodic
  • KinMosa: Ayaya! :3
  • Yuki-chan: yknow
  • Nisekoi: decent adaption, but I liked the manga-versions of the scenes better
  • Ore Monogatari: on hold at 8/24, will continue eventually
  • Owari no Seraph: 'tis enjoyable, nothin too outstanding
  • Plastic Memories: good idea, but not as well executed as it could've been, still enjoyable
  • Punch Line: most underrated show this season imo, I haven't read a lot of Ever17 yet but I do recognize the confusing writing style^^
  • Re-kan: meh, was amusing at first, but now... may or may not continue (on hold at 6/13)
  • Souma: started weird, got better, now one of my favs this season
  • OreGairu: love it, fav, 3rd season pls^^
  • Yamada: it's good, but when I started reading the manga after Noa's ep I noticed how insanely rushed it actually is, holy crap

And that's it, though I should mention that I dropped Etotama, Kyoukai no Rinne, Houkagou no Pleiades, Show by Rock and Triage X at the start of the season after 1-2 episodes ^_^

Eh, while the new season really improved the quality and all the cool elements from season 1 were still present, I don't feel like OreGairu is the best thing this season.

I also didn't like a lot of the events that happened this time, particularly how Haruno keeps butting in every little thing they do, it's getting annoying.

Just felt like the drama was a bit overblown.

Top three for me this season(no particular order):

• Knights of Sidonia - The Battle for Planet Nine:  Vastly improved on the animation from season 1;  Great action, good drama(though there was more of that in season 1), and the weirdest harem in anime. Also probably the best sound design in any mecha show ever.
  • Ore Monogatari:  Holy shit was I not expecting this show to be as good as it is.  This is the romance comedy that I've always wanted and didn't know anime was capable of.
  • DanMachi:  Yeah, it's full of cliches; yeah, its premise has been used a lot recently, but damn it, this show just hits all the right beats.  This is the first light novel adaptation that has me tempted to actually go buy the light novels.

Oregairu is sort of losing what made it special.

Or maybe I grew tired of characters having nonesensical discussions about how they interact.

Kekkai Sensen is the best anime this season, by far.

The events in this season of oregairu really are overblown.

When I was a teenager I didn't think about thus kind of shit like it's a life or death matter.

I don't typically like making this argument but it really is unrealistic as hell this season just how much they manage to turn a small issue into a big one instead of acting normal.

It's like the anime lost its way a bit and is just poorly excusing long monologues.

The events in this season of oregairu really are overblown.

When I was a teenager I didn't think about thus kind of shit like it's a life or death matter.

I don't typically like making this argument but it really is unrealistic as hell this season just how much they manage to turn a small issue into a big one instead of acting normal.

It's like the anime lost its way a bit and is just poorly excusing long monologues.

#dramamakesplot

#teenagerangst

#whatdoyoumean'when'Iwasateenager

#whatareyouimplying?

To be honest, I watch Oregairu for the comedy and to see Hachiman pull off some schemes.

Just to give some substance to this post, I can say Ore Monogatari!! does a lot of things I like and want to see more of. My favourite, certainly.

Just to give some substance to this post, I can say Ore Monogatari!! does a lot of things I like and want to see more of. My favourite, certainly.

Aside from Gintama, Ore Monogatari turned out to be my favorite this season too. Characters are affable, romance is absolutely adorable, and the drama bits are handled surprisingly well. This show gives me the warm fuzzies like you wouldn't believe. ^_^

I wonder if Wataru has read/been influenced by Schopenhauer actually.

Throughout Oregairu it's pretty clear from the references that he's drawing a lot from classic authors like Sôseki and Dazai for one part, and otaku subculture authors like Romeo Tanaka, but he doesn't seem big on foreign culture.