Spring 2015 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Am I the only one who thinks Haruno is getting annoying?

I think she was kinda cool at first, but at this point in time she's just really stubborn and spends most of her time judging her sister in any way she can just because she feels like she's "wrong". 

She's trying to change Yukino but she also likes the old Yukino. Which is it then?

I still have not understood Haruno's motivations, all she ever does is obsess over what Yukino is doing with her life, it's almost like she doesn't have a life of her own (I know she does but still). It's getting really repetitive for me to see her being such a nosey person and always trying to have her way as if she's some moral high ground.

Just leave your sister alone for god's sake.

Also, happy late birthday Yui!

Huh Nagato Yuki-chan is 16 episodes long. I thought it'd just be 1 cour, this sure is odd.

They've really stretched things with this episode imo, the manga didn't go on for that long and the events here were basically just full of long and pointless pauses in order to fill the entire 24 minutes.

I know this is a very easygoing series but this episode really removed all the emotions I felt when I read the manga just because they dragged such a filler chapter for so long.

The series finale could have been here if they wanted it to be. But I guess not.

I wonder what they plan on doing with 16 episodes...

Well, Owari no Seraph cour 1 ended,  not with a bang, but with some cool jazz.  

The show wasn't horrible, but other than Shinoa, troll extraordinaire, there wasn't a single aspect of the show that wasn't at least a little disappointing.  It certainly wasn't what I was hoping for when I hear the words "post-apocalyptic vampire action animated by Wit Studios, and scored by Sawano Hiroyuki."  The animation was lackluster, the music was somehow subdued, and the plot was extremely slow moving.  Here's hoping the show picks up the pace in cour 2.

I was actually pleasantly surprised with how Owari turned itself around.  Definitely gonna have to watch season 2 now when it comes out.

The way it spent 10 episodes building the whole "humanity banding together against the threat" and then threw it away was really well executed. Watching it from the beginning it just seemed like a poor excuse for Attack on Titan but now that I see where it's going I'm actually pretty excited.

You know, Rosia might have acted like an ass but I really felt bad for her this episode, poor thing. I'm glad she's okay now though and they're free from Dagger.

Stuff really got dark in the last episode but as expected it all got solved because music and friendship...yay!

When Retoree hugged Cyan after she came back, my yuri senses were tingling hard. Those two.. ugh, so much perfection.

Also please tell me I'm not the only one who's seeing Elvis Presley written all over Grateful King...

I'm glad those 4 country kids got to see the concert, I'd feel bad if after all this time they wouldn't be able to :P

Lol the president in that last shot was 10/10.

Overall, it was a fun ride, I didn't know what to expect when I initially watched this but it grew on me really quickly and I enjoyed it throughout.

It wasn't a masterpiece in terms of themes or anything, but I thought the way Studio Bones handled it really elevated it to the next level.

In my opinion though, I think a 2cour would have helped it a bit more. I know the goal of this show is to advertise the mobile game, which is cool and all, but we didn't get to see that much interaction with the other bands, they were just kind of shown and then cast aside and I thought the show could have done a better job at that rather than focusing entirely on the main girls.

Final rating for Show by Rock is an 8/10. It wasn't perfect, but I had a lot of fun, I loved the character designs in particular, so in my biased scale, this is fair enough.

I'd like to see more of it someday but I know that ain't happening.

Also that credit sequence with the Seishun wa Non-stop piano version really made the whole thing bittersweet as hell. But I liked the reference to the girls in real life.

If it's got nothing else darker in it then no, not at all. 

Well, there's an evil plot going on in the background to conquer the world, but it's not really dark and edgy or anything, just very typical villain things like posessing other characters and making them evil and then rescued by the power of music.

Still don't think it's something that would interest you in particular, but I thought the show was a nice moeblob.

Highschool DxD's pacing was quite all over the place this season.

But it was still fun, I mean, it's DxD you either like it or not.

Will Iseei's harem ever stop growing I wonder.

Also 10/10 Oppai Dragon song.

Overall, the season definitely wasn't brilliant, it lacked a lot of the fun and thrilling adventure feeling from the earlier seasons and the events just felt disjoint and with no logical following given how much important details they skipped, which is a shame.

The cool bits were still left, but without a good foundation behind them, I can't say this was the best DxD has given us.

I'll give it a 7/10.

And now we wait for a 4th season.