Spring 2015 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Papakiki OVA....

YEAAAAHH SORA X YUUTA, YEAAAHHHH I'M SO FREAKING HAPPYYYYY I SHIPED THEM FOR SO LOOOONG. SCREW THAT SENPAI SORA X YUUTA FOR THE WIN YEAAHHH.... Ahem... sorry about that, I was overcome with happiness. Gotta improve my japanese and read the LN now

Papakiki OVA....

YEAAAAHH SORA X YUUTA, YEAAAHHHH I'M SO FREAKING HAPPYYYYY I SHIPED THEM FOR SO LOOOONG. SCREW THAT SENPAI SORA X YUUTA FOR THE WIN YEAAHHH.... Ahem... sorry about that, I was overcome with happiness. Gotta improve my japanese and read the LN now

Sadly this OVA is aimed towards LN readers.

It skips pretty nuch everything and shows you the ending. As an anime watcher i couldn't feel satisfied with it at all. Even if i wanted Sora and Yuuta do end up together, they really should have made a season 2 to the whole thing rather than give us a couple measly OVAs.

Oh well.

Had just seen the first episode of Oregairu.Zoku. They've skipped a lot of things from the light novels, but I won't go into details. The change of art style and animation is also strange but negligible.

Overall, the episode was fine and I'll look forward to the rest.

Watched Ep.1 of Yahari Ore no Seishun. Zoku and Owari no Seraph.

Hikigaya "Dead Fish Eyes" Hachiman with his pessimistic outlook on life and witty comments continues to try his best not to make waves. Gotta love the way he keeps the good comments to himself like, "Is that some kind of tribal greeting?", just classic. His subdued attitude works well with the quirky personalities of the other characters. If his pessimistic outlook on life shifted too much to the other side of the spectrum like Tomoki's in Watashi ga Motenai then I probably wouldn't be as invested in the show. Look forward to seeing more school life drama ensue.

As for Owari no Seraph, the show starts off with a literal bang as a human-made virus ravages Japan, causing people to start throwing up blood, planes to crash, and overall mayhem to ensue. The survivors, young children who are immune to the virus, are placed in some kind of isolated city and their blood is siphoned off at times cause that's what vampires do. The ending was pretty brutal. It definitely gave me Elfen Lied/Ga-Rei-Zero vibes. The show has that revenge theme which it will surely propel forward as the protagonist grows up and becomes strong enough to destroy the vampires.

So far I've watched

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? - Stupid title. Cute show. My favorite is the pigtail goddess.

2nd Season F:SN UBW - It's following the VN again exactly. To think my Saber was getting picked up again as the heroine - what a red herring.

High School DXD - Akeno mmmm. 

So far...

Plastic Memories: Definitely an interesting premise. The joke in the last minute of episode kind of (well, REALLY) killed the mood, but other than that misstep, this has the potential to end up being a great show.

Show By Rock: Actually got me to start playing the mobile game. It's not the greatest, but it;s cute and entertaining enough that I'll keep up with it. Also, Cyan is just way too cute.

Once I finish watching Haruhi S2 (as well as the movie) I'll start Nagato Yuki no Shoushitsu, but I'm not quite there yet. Meh.

Everything else out so far either doesn't interest me, got too many negative reviews for me to bother, or is a sequel to a show I haven't watched yet.

I watched a couple of animes yesterday.

Arslan Senki - The first episode was really intriguing. I enjoyed it a lot. Looking forward to the rest. 

DanMachi - Screaming harem and ecchi. A hit or miss if I enjoy it. I wish and hope they have a decent story at least. The premise was interesting.

F/SN UBW S2 - Fate, nuff said.

Nisekoi S2 - I actually skipped it because it wasn't the first episode..

Plastic Memories - Looking really good too. I wish they play more with our feelings later on. A good opening episode and I want more.

Re-Kan  - I had a really hard time accepting the animation. This was so disturbing. Come on why? I didn't like the first episode either. But I am giving it a couple of episodes.

Watching these today:

Oregairu S2 

Owari no Seraph

I'm watching Muv Luv Alternative the only mecha I've really gotten into,

the VN ecchi roots show through during a few episodes with some totally

unnceccary romance but it still works suprisingly.

I had been waiting for plastic memories turns out its not available

in my Country from crunchyroll.

Well fuck that I'll do what I do for any anime not on Crunchyroll and just stream it.

Show by Rock is actually more fun than I thought.

I don't think it's some genius form of show but it was pretty cute for a show based on a mobile game (which they even blantantly advertise)

The CGI didn't look out of place since they didn't try to shove 2D in there so everything looks as it should be. The animation was also rather smooth and didn't make my eyes burn.

Wether the characters look good in 3D or not is everyone's personal opinion, I personally thought they had some charm.

And of course, cute girls with animal ears, clearly best animu :makina:

A pleasant surprise for me.

First impressions so far...

Arslan Senki:  Hype intensifies.  This was the show I was most looking forward to this season, and it's off to a good start

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka(just calling it "Dungeon ni" from now on):  Could go either way.  I'm guessing this is going to be my popcorn show of the season.  Something had to take over for Aldnoah, I suppose.

Fate:  Nice to see they're starting the 2nd cour off at a sprint.  There's a lot to cover in 13 episodes...

Owari no Seraph:  eh.  Other than the opening scene, this show isn't really doing it for me.  I'll give it the three episode benefit of the doubt.

Plastic Memories:  Oh I could see this going into some bad, bad places, emotionally.  Good to have a show like that every now and then.  Probably a keeper.

Currently watching Owari no Seraph, Fate Ubw, Food wars Shokugeki no Soma, and Is it wrong to try

To Pick up Girls In a Dungeon?

The thing with these is that I have already read their counterparts whether it be a VN, manga, or LN.

I know what to expect from Food wars and thought it was decent. Already read Owari no Seraph it was

a decent start. Fate was pretty good although the Shirou Souichiro fight was way more brief than in the VN.

As for is it wrong... I read its manga and am currently reading the light novels. On the contrary to what another member said about the series, its your average story and has the cliches that most Japanese

stories have. What I think(will) differentiate it from other anime is the character development,background, and character backstory. The title is comedic but definitely has a deeper meaning which has yet to be revealed(in the anime at least I don't spoil). Definitely tired of hearing kirito but at least the VA is finding work. I doubt they're just copy and pasting kiritos voice so you can probably expect some change.

Also waiting for Grisai No Kaijutsus sequel.

Euphonium looks like it could turn out well.

I'm not used to seeing such a big cast from KyoAni shows. 

It reminds me a lot of Tari Tari, except more well animated and focusing on a band.

First impressions were pretty good, I usually like the SoL side of KyoAni so I look forward to seeing where this goes.

Hopefully they'll have good music too.  :makina:

Alright, due to time constraints I have only watched the first episodes of Owari no Seraph and Plastic Memories.

Owari no Seraph - As I have read the first four volumes, I knew what to expect going in. I am seriously just in this one for another Hiroyuki Sawano OST.. that is all.

Plastic Memories - You see... with Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso over... I was wondering where I would get my weekly dose of super feels. Seems I didn't have to look very far. This could be pretty decent and I am looking forward to seeing where it goes, even if I can pretty much already wager a guess at what might happen. The last bit of the episode kind of threw me off the feel train, which is never a good thing for a Feels Masochist such as myself, but it wasn't too big of a deal all things considered.

Ishihara (the director) stated Euphonium wouldn't be mostly SoL like K-On, so there's that.

Episode was indeed really good, as you'd expect from a KyoAni show. No stand-out animation cut yet but a really good directing by Naoko Yamada. I also like how the MC doesn't give a fuck, lol.

Gintama is hilarious as always. Awesome way to start the new season. 

Highschool DxD BorN, glad to see Akane and Koneko again, and of course more oppai  :makina:

Show by Rock! is actually better than i thought it would be, since i normally don't watch moe anime like this. The cgi actually fit in pretty well, and cute girls with animal ears made it much more enjoyable. Will gladly watch till the end. 

Re-kan, the animation is meh but everything else wasn't that bad i guess. Sort of mixed on this one