Spring 2015 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Hayato from Oregairu is pretty annoying. 

I feel like he's the stereotypical harem protag that never changes anything, he's just 2cool4dis.

That last scene with Yukino and Hiki in the infirmary. 2lewd. Does this set Yukino as main grill? If so, shame.

I really like this Nisekoi arc. It's quite touching and showcases that Shuu has more plot development in 3 chapters than Raku did in these 174.

What's a shame is that the anime as a whole is completely all over the place.

Yukino was already clearly established as the main girl since season 1 imo

I guess, but they never had such touchy moments like the one in this episode either.

I feel like Yukino and Hiki have grown closer in season 2 like they haven't before.

Regarding Yuki-chan, the finale is definitely going to be somewhat touching if they end it in the chapter I think they will end it.

I really liked the series overall, it's very different from Haruhi and should not be compared to Haruhi either, it's its own standalone thing and I think, for the most part, it was alright and I really enjoyed seeing a different side of Yuki.

I guess, but they never had such touchy moments like the one in this episode either.

I feel like Yukino and Hiki have grown closer in season 2 like they haven't before.

Regarding Yuki-chan, the finale is definitely going to be somewhat touching if they end it in the chapter I think they will end it.

I really liked the series overall, it's very different from Haruhi and should not be compared to Haruhi either, it's its own standalone thing and I think, for the most part, it was alright and I really enjoyed seeing a different side of Yuki.

Absolutely. Don't get me wrong, I was rooting for Yui myself but oh well...

Nagato Yuki Chan was bad up until episode 10 for me. The comedy was derivative and poorly executed in general and I had a hard time sitting through any of the forced 'dramatic' moments which would also inevitably end up in more bad comedy.

I don't think it was trying to be a comedy, I accepted it more as a slice of life romance, slowpaced, easygoing, everyday events type of show.

Well it's not to say it didn't have any problems, sometimes a lot of the gags really do fall flat, but I thought the cheesy romance wasn't too poorly executed.

It's full of fluff, let's just put it like that.

Yukino was already clearly established as the main girl since season 1 imo

I don't know about latest developments but season 1 kinda establishes that Oregairu is in fact, as its name indicates, not a teen romcom.

Hachiman is not interested romantically in either Yui or Yukino (Totsuka ftw) and vice-versa.

If he ends up with someone in the end, it'll just be a consequence of his finally accepting to acknowledge relationships with other people more than the main point of the series, imo.

I think OreGairu is definitely more about self developing the characters rather than using love/romance to lump them together and consequently letting them evolve.

But you can't deny lately love problems have been brimming around them quite often, and that up close moment between Hachiman and Yukino was something else.

Yeah, that's why I said that 'I don't know about latest developments'. I'm not watching season 2, I'm going through the novels instead and am still on volume 4.

I wouldn't be surprised to see their relationships become much stronger later on, which obviously would translate into some sort of more or less successful romantic involvement.

Yeah, that's why I said that 'I don't know about latest developments'. I'm not watching season 2, I'm going through the novels instead and am still on volume 4.

I wouldn't be surprised to see their relationships become much stronger later on, which obviously would translate into some sort of more or less successful romantic involvement.

Season 1 had quite a few Hachiman x Yui moments already, the most apparent one being the one where Yui made honey toast for Hachiman at the school festival and she basically asked him on a date right after... 

It might be a bit subdued but there are enough romcom moments here. You just gotta look out for them :sachi:

I don't think it was trying to be a comedy, I accepted it more as a slice of life romance, slowpaced, easygoing, everyday events type of show.

Well it's not to say it didn't have any problems, sometimes a lot of the gags really do fall flat, but I thought the cheesy romance wasn't too poorly executed.

It's full of fluff, let's just put it like that.

I was hoping for the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya 2.0.   :vinty:

N-No boobs in a Highschool DxD episode... *shivers*

I'm going to guess not much will happen at the end of the season.

I get a sense that the big events all happened in the first half of this season and now the stuff that's going on feels a bit more like filler.

I know this is still important, clearly, but it feels detatched from everything else that's going on around the cast.

Well, good luck Issei, let the power of breasts save Rias.

gah...how can you stand watching high school DxD.  I feel my brain rotting in my skull when i sit through an episode.  

In other news, oregairu is still teasing the inner fujoshi i never knew i had.  And that moment with yukinon and 8man, i squealed like a little girl.

Seriously, this needs to be a visual novel at some point, it's got all the makings for one.  Then again, most shows i like have the makings for one.  

In other news, oregairu is still teasing the inner fujoshi i never knew i had.  And that moment with yukinon and 8man, i squealed like a little girl.

Seriously, this needs to be a visual novel at some point, it's got all the makings for one.  Then again, most shows i like have the makings for one.  

Here

It is all about Iroha seriously, I like both Yui and Yuki but Iroha it is (although a part of me wants the Totsuka ending). #teamiroha

I can't say which is the best spring anime in my own opinion because I still got 6 episodes of Plastic Memories and all episodes of Owari no Seraph to watch. I don't care about series I don't find interesting.

But of those series I am watching I am actually impressed. Nothing is boring. DanMachi is actually delivering beyond my expectations. My expectations were a horrible ecchi show with no content at all. I was wrong. F/SN and Oregairu are solid. I am not getting the most hyped feelings from F/SN and Oregairu is solid. Too many characters for my taste though. I was lost at episode 4 - 6 or so.

Arslan Senki is my favorite so far. Looking forward to the 24 episodes. I am way too nerdy for my own good sometimes.