Spring 2015 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Punchline, i thought this is a battle anime or something, just what's this anime about?

just pantsu everywhere

and cat mating

Punchline is directed by Kotaro Uchikoshi, who wrote the stories for the Zero Escape series, Ever17 and Never7. So it's probably gonna end up being much more than that.

Some people have been throwing around theories about what kind of crazy shit Uchikoshi will pull off with this series. If you're observant enough there's already been some hints pointing out that's something's up.

Euphonium getting serious yo.

So we're going to have a romantic subplot going on eh?

I just hope the main girl remains lesbian (don't deny it).

Asuka is still best, I really absolutely love her personality.

Mikagura Gakuen finally introduces Otone-chan, dear god is she obnoxious, I love it. Now make babies.

And Demo released his Spring Anime impressions, as usual it's perfect regardless of your opinion on the anime.

I lost my shit when Gintoki started singing Doraemon.

.....is this supposed to be the serious arc?

Hmm I think in the end it was kinda serious, though I don't think this is one of those big arcs, just a small thing.

Hopefully we'll get something bigger later on.

Kurokono Tasuke needs a comeback.

So uh.... Nisekoi 8th episode will adapt the spin off Magical Pâtissier Kosaki-chan.

My body is not ready for this.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-05-21/nisekoi-sequel-anime-8th-episode-to-adapt-magical-girl-spinoff-manga/.88402

What the hell is the directing committee doing...

They're finally going to introduce Haru in the next episode and then they're doing this after? Seriously? For god's sake Shaft.

I feel sorry for Haru, she's been horribly mistreated in this adaptation :(

I don't care how good Chitoge/Kosaki are, it's plain dumb to hype up a new character like they did with Haru and cast it aside for more than half the episodes, a character might I add actually has interesting development and is more fun than gorilla tsundere and blush galore combined.

Seriously I tried hoping for something, at the very least a more linear adaptation of the manga, but this season is doing the fans no justice at all.

At first I thought raging about it was stupid because they were adapting the manga linearly, but now they've tossed that aside and seem to be doing whatever the hell they want without even showing a hint of interest in Haru. That to me screams incompetece.

What the hell is the directing committee doing...

They're finally going to introduce Haru in the next episode and then they're doing this after? Seriously? For god's sake Shaft.

I feel sorry for Haru, she's been horribly mistreated in this adaptation :(

I don't care how good Chitoge/Kosaki are, it's plain dumb to hype up a new character like they did with Haru and cast it aside for more than half the episodes, a character might I add actually has interesting development and is more fun than gorilla tsundere and blush galore combined.

Seriously I tried hoping for something, at the very least a more linear adaptation of the manga, but this season is doing the fans no justice at all.

At first I thought raging about it was stupid because they were adapting the manga linearly, but now they've tossed that aside and seem to be doing whatever the hell they want without even showing a hint of interest in Haru. That to me screams incompetece.

Punchline is directed by Kotaro Uchikoshi, who wrote the stories for the Zero Escape series, Ever17 and Never7.

which is the reason i'm watching it in the first place...

from an up and coming studio, writer that i like, and on the notaminA time slot, looks like a dream shows to me.

hopefully it got better

Hikki crying is.... against the laws of the universe... I don't know what to feel.

This episode of Oregairu went over my expectations, more touching than I would expect.

My heart is confused, but kind of relieved. The development this season has been pretty good.

Eh, I disagree with Seraph too, but Shokugeki no Souma is pretty great. What I like about this series is that it's innovative; the setting by itself is unique and interesting, and the scenarios are written creatively and with the proper atmosphere that takes its target audience into consideration. On top of that, the characters are very likable, and do have some moments of development. Though the fanservice can get a little excessive, it's still pretty comical. I've been reading the manga for the last couple days now, and there's gonna be a pretty good arc coming up soon. Megumi fans will have something to look forward to as well. :)

What was annoying? The fanservice, the atmosphere, the characters? If it was the fanservice, it's more toned down in the manga. The anime's ecchi segments are roughly 5-15 seconds per segment, but the manga is pretty brief and only has one or two pages (and less intensive since it's a still image). The series has a few funny moments that aren't inspired by ecchi, but I usually only chuckle at those. The series shines more for its hype-y scenarios than it does for its comedy, so it shouldn't deter your enjoyment by much if you don't find it funny. If it was something else that bothered you though, then it probably wouldn't be a good idea to read more. It does get more interesting in the later parts, but not enough to make for a sufficient read if you aren't living in the moment.

In all honesty everything else this season is mediocre in comparison to the two shows i mentioned. The two anime based on VN's are meh, is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon is like Sao and Log horizon had a child, Plastic memories has too much feels and makes you feel depressed, HS DXD born is over the top harem, Blood blockade bounces around too much and leaves too many un answered questions. I could literally go on and on about my dislikes for most the anime this season.

What was annoying? The fanservice, the atmosphere, the characters? If it was the fanservice, it's more toned down in the manga. The anime's ecchi segments are roughly 5-15 seconds per segment, but the manga is pretty brief and only has one or two pages (and less intensive since it's a still image). The series has a few funny moments that aren't inspired by ecchi, but I usually only chuckle at those. The series shines more for its hype-y scenarios than it does for its comedy, so it shouldn't deter your enjoyment by much if you don't find it funny. If it was something else that bothered you though, then it probably wouldn't be a good idea to read more. It does get more interesting in the later parts, but not enough to make for a sufficient read if you aren't living in the moment.

I watched 4 episodes, it just doesn't do it for me.  I get what it's trying to do, I just find it completely ridiculous.  To me, characters like Sanji making cooking cool but this just makes the whole thing laughable. 

In all honesty everything else this season is mediocre in comparison to the two shows i mentioned. The two anime based on VN's are meh, is it wrong to pick up girls in a dungeon is like Sao and Log horizon had a child, Plastic memories has too much feels and makes you feel depressed, HS DXD born is over the top harem, Blood blockade bounces around too much and leaves too many un answered questions. I could literally go on and on about my dislikes for most the anime this season.

Again disagree.  I'm enjoying Denmachi enough.  Kekkai Seinsen is amazing.   I love how it's jumping around and being unique for once.  Plastic Memories is great, I love the feels it's giving.  

Hibike Euphonium is beautiful and good.  I'm even enjoying Nagato Yuki-chan a fair amount.  Yamada-kun is the unsung hero for me.  I love how adorable that is.  There's also Teekyuu and the Spin-off  and I Can't Understand What My Husband is Saying 2 which are fun to watch.

So yea, pretty good season for me. 

Well, yeah, but what exactly does Seraph do to make itself stand out? Sure, it has one likable character, but is that enough to put it on a level above mediocrity? The ideas in that anime have been beaten to the ground in entertainment media, and it doesn't even work as an emotional piece due to how uninspired and standard the development scenes are. I think DanMachi is better because it has moments of high tension and emotional character development. Sure, it wasn't anything thought-provoking, but at least Lili's story makes it really easy to sympathize with her and grow more attached to. While I don't necessarily disagree with using cliches to develop a character, I feel that the way the story is told is just not compelling enough to warrant its use in Seraph. The characters' backstories are too far off for the audience to feel a connection with them, and to build things on top of a base that doesn't work just makes the cliche even more annoying.

I watched 4 episodes, it just doesn't do it for me.  I get what it's trying to do, I just find it completely ridiculous.  To me, characters like Sanji making cooking cool but this just makes the whole thing laughable. 

Really? I never really considered the cooking aspect to be anything noteworthy in One Piece. I thought of it more as a storytelling utility to bring out the best in Sanji's character (I think he's really cool too). But I wouldn't call the cooking battles in SnS anything laughable, since they can throw out some pretty catchy tidbits about how the food is cooked. I can't say for certain that these informational bits are accurate, but they seem believable. And the way the writer works in a twist with how the meals are prepared are both really interesting and really cool.