Spring 2015 Anime Discussion

Nosebleed

Hey guys. So, other than the new Gintama series I'm watching (since I'll never not watch that anime), I actually got back in the mood for ongoing anime again. Not so much to get in the full groove of things, but I've decided to pick a few of em up. First one I watched since it seemed the most interesting is Shokugeki no Souma. I'm not sure how much this has been done in anime before, but one that involves participating in a culinary school is awful new to me. That and going off some of the previews I watched, it seemed like it would have something incredible to have along with its setting. To my surprise, I'm actually having an incredibly fun time watching this. It's one thing to see a cooking show which lackadaisically shows you the techniques involved in creating a meal, but it's just so entertaining to see how an over-the-top anime can make the process that much more invigorating! The characters are your standard bunch that you typically see in anime, but I can't help but feel like the atmosphere really brings out the best in them. I consider the extremely ero-y reactions to Souma's cooking to be horribly amusing; the overkill in this gimmick feels just about right to me, lol. As I'm not overly familiar with shows in this setting, it's hard for me to tell whether there will be a limit on how many fresh ideas can be implemented, but something's telling me it'll continue to be entertaining in the later episodes. I just hope this doesn't become formulaic; it'd be a long 24 episodes if it fell into some boring pattern. At the very least, it has a theme going for it, and I'd definitely like to see how this anime builds up on that.

I've watched a couple episodes of Owari no Seraph. I don't particularly care for this kind of anime, but it's not so unbearable that I'd consider dropping it. I'll just keep watching and see where it goes.

I plan on watching Ore Monogatari tomorrow once I finish up the other 2 episode of Seraph. I've been interested in the manga since long before the anime was announced, and I decided to go with this since it seems to have a pretty solid adaption (from what I've heard). I like the idea of having a not-so-run-of-the-mill male lead in a shoujo romance anime.

Wow, Show by Rock really hit the fan today, that was actually quite sad. The feels are real.

Retoree and Cyan are practically a married couple, please just go make babies already, my inner fangirl can't handle just watching them sit idle.

I'm sure everything will be okay in the end but I always let this kind of stuff get to me one way or another.

I hope Retoree and Cyan make up and become all lovey dovey again, I'm pretty much in love with the two right now and the show really pushed them together this episode, I can't resist this sort of blantant yuri subtext.

AX3Ua5W.jpg

More yuri more fun.

JMg0XOb.jpg

Seriously this show went full yuri this episode, I'm quite surprised, but very grateful.

Extra screenshots for extra yuriness.

LH3Dyt6.png

2ZRsZAn.png

OlW5hHz.png

PNL1tgD.png

2bq6BgS.png

YozPv7B.png

z7OwuDE.png

8PUCYYq.png

udaeGMI.png

En27CPi.jpg

bKVA5HT.png

Same thing with Kiniro Mosaic although that one goes full yuri all the time.

Seems like Honoka is coming into play, i want to see some more of her.

Tried some more things:

• Hibike Euphonium is really good.  I don't usually like SoL as much but I'm gonna watch this.
  • Ore Monogatari is ok, but not really my thing so I'm gonna pass (plus the art bugs me)
  • Owari no Seraph feels like Vampire Attack on Titan.  Considering it.
  • Triage X is surprisingly enjoyable, will watch.

Now all that's left to try is Nagato Yuki-chan and to decide if I should watch Owari no Seraph or Kekkai Sensen.  So far Owari has more gore but seems cliched.  Any opinions?

Seriously this show went full yuri this episode, I'm quite surprised, but very grateful.

Extra screenshots for extra yuriness.

LH3Dyt6.png

2ZRsZAn.png

OlW5hHz.png

PNL1tgD.png

2bq6BgS.png

YozPv7B.png

z7OwuDE.png

8PUCYYq.png

udaeGMI.png

En27CPi.jpg

bKVA5HT.png

Same thing with Kiniro Mosaic although that one goes full yuri all the time.

Seems like Honoka is coming into play, i want to see some more of her.

Okay, I'm officially sold. Those two are just adorable. :3

And then there were 4. @_@

Man, if what seemed to have happened at the end of ep 5 of Plastic Memories happened...

In other news, Knights of Sidonia has definitely improved in the CG quality department.  Also, ouch...

Ore Monogatari is officially my favorite anime romcom ever.

DanMachi remains interesting if not outstanding.

Fate continues to be Fate.

Crap!  I'm 3 episodes behind on Euphonium.  SoL really isn't my thing it seems...

Arslan is still great.  Hate the OP slightly less than the first time I heard it.  Akatsuki no Yona's OP was still better.

Ore Monogatari is officially my favorite anime romcom ever.

Man, this anime sort of through me in for a loop. If nothing else, Ore Monogatari has the best character cast I've seen in a shoujo anime. Takeo is surprisingly easy to grow attached to; he's a really odd guy, has a strong personality and incredibly kind-hearted. Cool-guy types tend to be kind of obnoxious in shoujo anime, but I do not get that vibe at all with Sunakawa. I really like how the story makes you feel a genuine sense of friendship between him and Takeo.

It was really funny how he manages to get Yamato to repeatedly proclaim how much she likes Takeo. That's a damn good man right there. ^^

I have a lot of respect and admiration for the heroine too. Oftentimes, I can't help but feel like most shoujo heroines have shallow feelings for the guys they fall in love with. There's a number of them that are just flat-out jerks, but the heroine will love him anyways because of the manly aura he gives off with his appearance. Not to say that deeper feelings won't develop afterwards, but it just doesn't feel right at the beginning. Takeo doesn't display those qualities at a glance, but he does when a situation allows him to reveal it, and Yamato is incredible for seeing how great he really is. On top of that, she is so cute and dere-dere that it just makes me feel all warm and happy inside. The thing I like about Yamato is that her personality isn't anything complex; she's a simple sweetheart that's pleasant to be with, and that also makes the relationship between her and Takeo that much more believable. It's explained in the anime that she's the type of girl that Takeo likes the most. The anime nails the chemistry between these two.

It's small things like these that add so much to the enjoyment value. I'm glad the staff working on this have a good attention to detail when it comes to the characters. Most likely the best anime this season.

Not much happened in this episode of Mikagura Gakuen, lots of fooling around as usual but we're getting more hints at Seisa's past.

Hibike Euphonium is doing pretty well, glad to see they're being successful right from the start, i always struggle to find what to say about this show, it's so fun to watch despite nothing much going on in it.

For a moment I thought Gintama was making fun of Danmachi, but that would have been to much to ask for :makina:

Nice to see Sacchan's antics again, she's one of my favorite girls in Gintama because she follows the path of masochism!

I had the same exact problem when I was talking about the best shows of the season. Trying to explain Hibike makes it seem bog standard and not very interesting. You can try talking about how the characters and overall direction is great, but there's still that mysterious charm that is really hard to identify or explain to others.

Indeed, I guess you could say the visuals are pretty good as well.

Though to be fair it is still a pretty standard setting which might not bring a lot of people on board, it's just that said setting is being executed really well.

Houkago no Pleiades teaching kids that physics mean jackshit when you're a magical girl.

Traveling from Earth to Saturn in 20 seconds? Just hop on the broom and voila!

Seriously this show is quite possibly the most disappointing of the season for me, i have to force myself to watch it, it's not really that fun.

Gainax why didn't you deliver :(