How Global is Fuwa (What country do you actually reside in?)

Zalor

We're using a few things to obtain your country of origin: IP address, browser information, and whatever else the GeoLocation extension spits out about you. It's magic.

So basically the countries being showed were the place when you browsed the site, not always being your home country in some cases.

• 2 weeks later...

*some heavy accent implied*

Hello, i am and my pet bear Grisha are from Soviet Russia, dis forumz lookz pretty nice and you guyz are awezome too, so we think we are going to stay here for a while. So now you have four(!) russianz in here.

Ну и так просто немного кириллицы, что бы народ пожаловался ибо они всегда на неё жалуются ла-ла-ла.

Brasil - 3%

Russian Federation - 2.9 %

Please note that I also changed the way we track contries to be more reliable sometime last week, so US numbers will probably go down; Before it used to track browser languages, now it properly tracks countries -- all browsers with an English language set would get counted for US, now it doesn't anymore. Give it another 2 weeks for us to have more reliable data.

Any reliable data yet :kosame:

Please note that I also changed the way we track contries to be more reliable sometime last week, so US numbers will probably go down; Before it used to track browser languages, now it properly tracks countries -- all browsers with an English language set would get counted for US, now it doesn't anymore. Give it another 2 weeks for us to have more reliable data.

Oh, so that's why I often see on most website's stats that the U.S. have so much visitors, some of the counts don't actually checked from the IP.

The reason for that is that you can't extract anything from the IP itself without having some basic information about ISPs, which countries are in which IP range, etc. So browser language is the next best (even if entirely unreliable and inaccurate because not all English, German, Portuguese etc speakers are from the US, Germany or Brazil) thing to go by as default.

Indonesian here~

Never actually notice there are a lot of Indonesian who know what VN is

Well, after all Indonesian has number (umm, I'm not sure whether 3 or 4 or 5 or 6) most citizens/inhabitants in the world. I'm sure in all your life you could barely meet less than 5 % of them, so it's no wonder that you think that you actually don't know/understand much things about them, one of which there are many VN players here.

Well, after all Indonesian has number (umm, I'm not sure whether 3 or 4 or 5 or 6) most citizens/inhabitants in the world. I'm sure in all your life you could barely meet less than 5 % of them, so it's no wonder that you think that you actually don't know/understand much things about them, one of which there are many VN players here.

It's 4th last time i check.

And that's true i guess, in all my life i only know one other person that know anything about VN