How Global is Fuwa (What country do you actually reside in?)

Zalor

I think English is used as a common language now because it's easy to learn.

French and Spanish are so much harder for me. Especially because I'm taking French as a second language when it's actually my fourth lol.

It is proven that how hard/easy to learn a language it is to you depends from similarity of that language with your native one, also once you already learn a language it always seems easier then the next language you try to learn even if you in fact have struggled with learning it more. As for the reason why English is as widely spoken I would say media has a lot to do with it.

It's because England ruled the world, and therefore most people know English. It used to be French I think. In the future it'll probably be Chinese :P

If Fuwanovel has to say something it will be Japanese :P

Dear Christ 

more than enough reason to hate Israel right there 

I don't wanna turn this into a political discussion, i'll gladly speak about this in private though and not on this thread. But I will say this openly, I am not biased towards either side, i've met many Israeli's in my time that i've disliked, and many Palestinians that i've disliked, and many that i've also formed connections with over the six years i've been here, and many of them I can call friends. But don't think that Palestine is completely innocent in any regard, i'm not defending Israel, they've done some horrible things in the past, but the same goes for the Palestinians, when I was six a bus blew up right next to our car because of a suicide-bombing. Innocents have died and blood has been shed for no reason, on both sides. I've met Israeli's that hate all Palestinians, and vice-versa. Don't judge the country until you live in it. (Again, not justifying Israel by any means, i'm American and would prefer to be back in L.A. then here, but sadly at the moment I have no choice.)

• 1 month later...

I'm from the United Kingdom, England specifically.

People always complain about the weather here, but I quite like it personally. The summers are actually pretty hot here, and the last few years we've even managed to be hotter than Spain!

I don't like the summer however, it's too hot and sweaty and there's only so many layers of clothing you can remove. But in the winter, you can just keep adding layers until you're nice and toasty! Winter is definitely my favourite season. ^_^

Whoa... This forum really is quite diverse in the form of us member's country of origin. 

Had no idea this thread was here so I'm kinda late I guess. 

Norway! The good old (not Denmark!) nation! :sachi: 

seriously ... WE AREN'T DANISH! :pyaa: 

We are also no longer vikings and we have no polar bears. Please... 

(Not true, we actually have some but they are like, on an island. No polar bears on the mainland.) 

Seems there is a lot of Europeans in the active members here. Thats pretty cool. 

• 1 month later...

Speaking about country, like I stated several times in my posts, I'm from Indonesia. If some of Indonesian people want more detail, I'm lived in Bekasi. And interestingly, in here there's also 12,000 member from Indonesia too. So, guess I'm not the only Indonesian here at Fuwanovel, eh? Either way, it's good to know.

@gijimu Oh, since you're Chinese, Happy Belated Chinese New Year by the way, even though it's one month late (My family celebrate it too).

On 1/21/2016 at 5:27 PM, gijimu said:

I'm from North Sumatera, Indonesia.

Seems like there're very few Southeast Asian in this forum, even more so of Indonesian. 

I'm a Chinese living in Indonesia, though.

? SEA is, like, the biggest non-US region for the site.