How Global is Fuwa (What country do you actually reside in?)

Zalor

What I want to know are these numbers pre-torrent removals as well

The issue of analytics is pretty complicated (sanah suffered through a minor wall-of-text this afternoon about it), so for the moment don't expect any more stats : P.

We're having a discussion in the LC next week about it, tho, to decide a site policy. So... your stats may not be too long in coming! : D

I live in the Netherlands, but I have traveled across the world and I spend half of my time in Germany. (Also lived in Georgia and Florida in the USA when I was really little)

aight, your lifestyle got approved by gypsy-kun. keep it up hollandia-tan!

While I feel compelled to #vague, as for the blog, the US has twice the visitors that Europe does; Europe has seven times more visitors than Asia. Sample from ~a week. It's an interesting contrast to our Facebook statistics regarding Asia, I think. Stats for Canada are very different as well.

Please note that I also changed the way we track contries to be more reliable sometime last week, so US numbers will probably go down; Before it used to track browser languages, now it properly tracks countries -- all browsers with an English language set would get counted for US, now it doesn't anymore. Give it another 2 weeks for us to have more reliable data.

(All the swedes Portuguese, yet not in top 10)

Fixed.

Please note that I also changed the way we track contries to be more reliable sometime last week, so US numbers will probably go down; Before it used to track browser languages, now it properly tracks countries -- all browsers with an English language set would get counted for US, now it doesn't anymore. Give it another 2 weeks for us to have more reliable data.

rejoice, portugalians. ur 2nd place is coming

The issue of analytics is pretty complicated (sanah suffered through a minor wall-of-text this afternoon about it), so for the moment don't expect any more stats : P.

We're having a discussion in the LC next week about it, tho, to decide a site policy. So... your stats may not be too long in coming! : D

By "minor wall-of-text", he means "17-page dissertation".  And that was just the introduction.  The details were confidential.

rejoice, portugalians. ur 2nd place is coming

Actually not too unlikely, since Portuguese was probably counted towards Brazil before.

What I want to know are these numbers pre-torrent removals as well

See Tay's post... but the numbers aren't that surprising (or they are, depending on your stance of the torrent removal).

It's complicated.

Freedom's time has ended!

I'd love to see how many Filipinos there actually are.

By "minor wall-of-text", he means "17-page dissertation".  And that was just the introduction.  The details were confidential.

I will neither confirm nor deny this OUTRAGEOUS true statement.

Actually not too unlikely, since Portuguese was probably counted towards Brazil before.

I guess it's time to start recruiting your neighbors...

As for this post, I'm from the U.S.

Top 10 countries for the main site (data point: yesterday, 5.1k visits):

1. USA - 28.3%
  2. Canada - 6%
  3. Indonesia - 5.6%
  4. UK - 4.7%
  5. Philippines - 4.2%
  6. Germany - 4.1%
  7. Brazil - 3.8%
  8. Australia - 3.7%
  9. France - 3.3%
  10. Vietnam - 2.3%

==========

Top 10 countries for the forums (data point: yesterday, 10.2k visits):

1. USA - 27.8%
  2. Canada - 5.4%
  3. Indonesia - 5.4%
  4. UK - 4.9%
  5. Philippines - 3.9%
  6. Germany - 3.8%
  7. France - 3.2%
  8. Australia - 3.1%
  9. Brazil - 3%
  10. Russian Federation - 2.9%

Source: Our internal analytics.

Was happy when I saw the reviews blog pick up some steam as well, up to >200 views, from sitting just below 100.

Wow I didn't know that there's a lot of Filipinos here.

MABUHAY KABABAYAN!

Top 10 countries for the main site (data point: yesterday, 5.1k visits):

1. USA - 28.3%
  2. Canada - 6%
  3. Indonesia - 5.6%
  4. UK - 4.7%
  5. Philippines - 4.2%
  6. Germany - 4.1%
  7. Brazil - 3.8%
  8. Australia - 3.7%
  9. France - 3.3%
  10. Vietnam - 2.3%

==========

Top 10 countries for the forums (data point: yesterday, 10.2k visits):

1. USA - 27.8%
  2. Canada - 5.4%
  3. Indonesia - 5.4%
  4. UK - 4.9%
  5. Philippines - 3.9%
  6. Germany - 3.8%
  7. France - 3.2%
  8. Australia - 3.1%
  9. Brazil - 3%
  10. Russian Federation - 2.9%

Source: Our internal analytics.

Was happy when I saw the reviews blog pick up some steam as well, up to >200 views, from sitting just below 100.

Was that data-set collecting unique visits, or just the percentage of visits originating from each country?

For that particular day, Nay reported both. Front site got 5.1k uniques, forums got 10-11k unique visitors. Each with that % breakdown.

Edit: those are unique visitors, not hits. Hits are obviously much higher, as many visitors checked out the site more than once or viewed many pages on each site.

10,000 unique visitors on the forums in a day wtf

pls ppl stop lurking and help us make the forums more lively  <_<

How about no? xD

Most of the time I come to the forums to just check new posts and mostly the fuwachat. Though rarely post anything.