Fan Translator Skills Registration

Register on this thread if you're interested in participation on a project and have the available time and commitment.
Alternatively, you could look for a project yourself in this thread here:
https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/7108-list-of-projects-currently-recruiting/

Format
1) Handle (the one you use or plan to use):
2) Positions you can fill:
3) Types of projects (VNs) preferred:
4) Availability (edit this one as you get involved in projects):
5) (VNs most interested in producing an ftl for:
6) Motivation for joining in on ftl:
7) Conditions* (any additional conditions, under which you will or won't work):

*Please mention whether you are fine with working on Yuri, Yaoi and Otome games.

It is recommended you don't say 'anything' on your 'preferred VNs' section. You should always pick games that fit your interests or were good enough to keep your interest even after it has tortured you for several hundred hours. It's one thing to take anything when you are making money, it is quite another to do so when you are a volunteer.

Example (by Clephas):

Handle: Clephas (the one and only)

Positions you can fill: translator, editor, proofreader, translation checker
Types of projects (VNs) preferred: Action, chuuni, philosophical, fantasy
Availability: Currently working Ikusa Megami Zero Project, ask me again once it is done
VNs most interested in producing an ftl for: Anything by Akatsuki Works (or its defunct subsidiaries) the Tiny Dungeon series, Draculius, Tenshi no Hane wo Fumanaide, any of the Propeller action games, Shinigami no Testament, Gurenka, Hapymaher, Ikusa Megami Zero
Motivation for joining in on ftl: whim, wanting to share my favorite VNs with the Japanese-incompetent
Conditions: No straight moege, no music or entertainment industry-focused games, no seishun drama, and no nukige. Don't recruit me unless you have the entire set of group members together, including a reliable hacker (I don't have time for anymore projects that failed to get started due to personnel problems)

This thread has various rules to ensure the highest accuracy and usability:
-Do not register here if you believe you will be unavailable soon after. Commitment is necessary for projects.

-Please make sure to click "Show 'edit by' line" when editing you post, or at least, add a date for when it was last updated if you can help it.

-This thread will be heavily moderated to assure only posts which fulfill all the conditions will remain.

-If you fail to follow the format you will be PM'ed and we will inquire about what you missed. You will then edit your post with the missing information or will have it edited by a board mod.

-People who still remain on this thread will all be PM'ed by a board mod in order to ask whether they are still as readily available as they were when they registered. This will happen irregularly (but probably not more than 3 times a year).

Edited by Nosebleed

Unfortunately I can't translate, but if my talents can be utilized, I will do my best!

Handle (the one you use or plan to use): Ryechu
Positions you can fill: Proofreader/Editor (English); Project Leader
Types of projects (VNs) preferred: Nukige, Gender Benders, Yuri, Yaoi, Bisexual. Loli, Shota, Futanari. Incest. Things that aren't "Normal."
Availability (edit this one as you get involved in projects): Working on projects with JOAT Translations; Willing to pick up another project.
VNs most interested in producing an ftl for: The Sukisho! Series, Musical VNs, Nukige
Motivation for joining in on ftl: I want to see fan-translated works that don't have grammatical errors. Even official releases that have simple errors is beyond infuriating.
Conditions (any additional conditions, under which you will or won't work):

• Mature Group.
  • I am not a fan of "normal" pieces. Take that as you will. I like things that are quirky and weird. I read VNs primarily for the story, but I LOVE reading Nukige as filler stories as I can knock them out in a night or two as I decide what long piece I want to read next.
  • If you are unsure, just ask! I don't bite (hard).
  • If you are looking for staff for a project, get in touch with me.  We might be able to help you.
Edited by Ryechu

Gonna hop on the bandwagon here.

Handle: Daeyamati
Positions you can fill: Editor/Proofreader
Types of projects (VNs) preferred: Primarily otomege. I'm more willing to work on short VNS than long ones.
Availability (edit this one as you get involved in projects): Currently working on Anniversary no Kuni no Alice. Please contact me first to see if I would be willing to take on another project!
Friday nights and Saturdays (GMT -8). I have more free time when I'm on vacation from school.
VNs most interested in producing an ftl for:

Motivation for joining in on ftl: I want to share VNs and make them more well-known.
Conditions:

• No nukige.
  • Mature and stable group. I'm a very easy person to work with, unless your team is full of dickwads and dipshits.
  • No hard perfectionism.
  • Loose work hours. My schedule tends to be all over the place at times, especially when I'm in school. Also my mood affects whether or not I feel like doing anything.
  • Have scripts ready to edit.

Edited by Daeyamati

Handle: REtrans International

Positions you can fill: All technical processes: from text extraction to project hosting to release management and post-release support. Translators not included.

Types of projects (VNs) preferred: PC platform

Availability (edit this one as you get involved in projects): As time permits; due to very high demand currently not accepting new requests until further notice!! queued requests continue to be worked when we have time

VNs most interested in producing an ftl for: Any and all are welcome

Motivation for joining in on ftl: Provide services and solutions to expedite VN translation

Conditions (any additional conditions, under which you will or won't work): This service is provided as-is with no warranties expressed or implied.

Edited by REtransInternational

• 1 month later...

For an updated status, check my profile (this post is more updated than my profile).

1. Handles 「 JeMhUnTeR | jemhuntr

2. Positions 「 Image Editor | Video Editor

3. Types Preferred 「 PC VNs only. Moege. Nakiga. Key. I'm only interested in VNs with pretty art and animations.

4. Availability 「 Currently part of 5 (or more?) active TL projects. But I'm still available. Hit me up if you need an image/video editor.

5. Future Interests 「 Basically anything with great art. Check my vndb wishlist.

6. Motivation 「 It looks fun. I'm doing this for fun, so please don't pressure me. I changed my mind. I need to be pressured to work.

7. Conditions 「 Nothing in particular. I just don't want to participate in anything I don't like.

PS: If you need a few images edited for a project or anything irrelevant, I'm open to requests through PM/email/whatever.

Edited by JeMhUnTeR

• 4 weeks later...

1) Handle: nfinite

2) Positions: TL, TLC

3) Preferences:

• Comedy
  • Dark but not cruel
  • Intellectual
  • Preferably less technical (which kind of goes against intellectual); I'm not averse to it, but know that it will slow down progress.

4) Availability: Booked
4b) Current Project: Koiken Otome

5) VNs most interested in producing an ftl for: New to the scene, so I'm still scoping things out

6) Motivation: I enjoy TLing and the fact that it makes content, otherwise inaccessible, accessible. Feels good to know someone can take advantage of something I've contributed to.

7) Conditions: No BL, Yaoi

Miscellaneous

• Inexperienced in the VN FTL scene, so you'll have to get me up to speed. That being said, I'm relatively tech-oriented, so it probably wouldn't take long.
  • I don't know my pace yet, but let's err on the slow side
  • While not a perfectionist, it does bother me when huge glaring obvious mistakes make it past multiple QA stages. The little stuff is understandable. So, I'd prefer working with a like-minded team.
  • Strong English, Okay Japanese (N2ish) and still studying/improving
Edited by nfinite

Handle (the one you use or plan to use): Twitchycolt

Positions you can fill: Editor, Proofreader

Types of projects (VNs) preferred: Modern Fantasy (Princess Waltz, Fate series), standard fantasy, comedy, horror, mystery

Availability (edit this one as you get involved in projects): I'm completely free at the moment.

VNs most interested in producing an ftl for: Nothing specific at the moment, but I would love for there to be more English games with male/male romance available.

Motivation for joining in on ftl: I've always had an interested in translation since I was young and just starting to get into anime. I hope to become fluent in Japanese or Korean out of a desire to translate as a career, but in the meantime I would like to help however I can!

Conditions (any additional conditions, under which you will or won't work): No snuff or rape scenes. I'm also not very interested in titles with high f/f sexual content, but romance is fine. 

Edited by Twitchycolt

1) Handle: LordBlane

2) Positions you can fill: TL, TLC

3) Types of projects (VNs) preferred: Fantasy, Dark fantasy, Action , Horror and mystery, Chuuni. 

4) Availability: No available for the moment (Filled)

5) VNs most interested in producing an ftl for: I want to see more action and recent visual novel translate into english like Sousei Kitan Aerial or Tokeijikake no Ley Line.

6) Motivation for joining in on ftl: I would like to improve my Japanese/translation skills and to see more visual novel in english !

7) Conditions:

-No Otome game.
-No Yaoi.
-I want to translate at my pace.

Edited by LordBlane

• 4 weeks later...

Hi just found this website.

1) Handle: Grizzuma
2) Positions you can fill: Translator and I guess proof reader
3) Types of projects (VNs) preferred: Probably anything BUT Yaoi/BL and torture-y type things
4) Availability (edit this one as you get involved in projects): Not available
5) (VNs most interested in producing an ftl for: I don't really know any upcoming ones
6) Motivation for joining in on ftl: To help a good cause (yourselves) and to test and develop my skills
7) Conditions (any additional conditions, under which you will or won't work): I may not be hugely social (I might not be here often nor converse with others in a team over chat rooms) but if you email me or send me a message I'll respond.

Not available to translate at the moment (as of beginning of July - sorry for the late update)

Edited by Grizzuma

• 5 weeks later...

Handle: PandaBear / Panda

Positions you can fill: Editor(Native English speaker, no prior experience with other translations)

Types of projects (VNs) preferred: sRPGs and other VNs; depending on conditions

Availability: Busy with work

VNs most interested in producing an ftl for: Majikoi titles, any Eushully title, Hatsukoi 1/1, Lovely x Cation titles, Feng titles, Amatarasu Riddle Star or Date A Live Rinne Utopia, as well as Highschool DXD or Infinite Stratos 2: Ignition Hearts when they come out.

Motivation for joining in on ftl: Want to see more of the Visual Novels I enjoyed translated, as well as pro-actively helping with more accurate translations of Visual Novels to English. Also possibly to find new/interesting Visual Novels that I haven't seen or heard of yet and have more sRPGs translated since there don't seem to be many at the moment.

Conditions: No nukiges, no loli heroine-only VNs, no Yaoi/Yuri, no fetish based VNs, no rape and no netorare. I'm Australian, so I may be unable to come on at certain times during the day for people overseas.

Edited by PandaBear

• 1 month later...

Handle: derpigreg
 Positions you can fill: Translation Checker, Editor
 Availability: busy with army stuff, but I could spare some time. Also part of Genko translations
 VNs most interested in producing an ftl for: MinatoSoft/Carnival , Alcot , Lump Of Sugar , Purple Software , Baseson (Basically VN made by these companies)
 Motivation for joining in on ftl: Improving my Japanese while learning more and to help out in projects that VN that I'm interested in.
 Conditions: I will only work out of love

Edited by derpigreg

• 1 month later...

Handle: Helvetica Standard (You can call me Helv for short)
Positions you can fill: Image editing, decensoring. Ren'py coding/scripting.
Types of projects (VNs) preferred: Romance, sci-fi, mystery.
Availability: (Filled) Currently working on Violet Hill (OELVN) and Witch's Garden (TL) 
VNs most interested in producing an ftl for: Anything romance, moege or art assets drawn by Kantoku *wink* Your Diary *wink* 
Motivation for joining in on ftl: I love VN's and I want to help the translation efforts in anyway I can.
Conditions: No Overdrive titles and no nukige.

Edited by Helvetica Standard

Handle (the one you use or plan to use): AdventSign

Positions you can fill: Editor/Proof Reader/Quality Checker (English only)

Types of projects (VNs) preferred: Romance, Drama, Slice of Life.  Titles similar to Kanon, Air and Da Capo. I'll take anything though.

Availability (edit this one as you get involved in projects): Unavailable (Currently working on Loverable)

VNs most interested in producing an ftl for: Mainly Da Capo Plus Communication since half the script is already translated.  After that, I would want to assist with working on C&D titles if someone were to try to bring them back through a stealth patch or through companies that no longer care whether a game is C&Ded or not (Air is a shining example of this).  Then I would want to work on expansions/fan disks that were never translated.  Dropped projects would also be up there on my list of things I want to do (I do hate it when projects get dropped or C&D at roughly 90-99% completion...). If nobody is willing to risk being C&D on games that have been for years, then I will help on new projects.

Motivation for joining in on ftl: I want visual novels to actually come to the West without being butchered and "getting the short end of the stick" and I'm also annoyed about visual novels that are given up on because of being C&Ded (If My Heart Had Wings is an excellent example of a botched "translation" and the Da Capo Expansion that was about to be done by Arkanos but was C&Ded is another good example). I'm willing to take risks and work without anyone taking notice if another translator is.

Conditions (any additional conditions, under which you will or won't work): I don't like editing rapes but if someone would like help doing those kind of visual novels, then so be it.  I do not wish to work with a group that will need to suspend a project unless it is a personal issue (aka not slacking off).  If it is personal, then I don't mind if a person takes a week off or a year off (although I hate leaving projects unfinished...but a person's health comes first).

Contact: [email protected] or my cellphone if I get to trust the person I am working with enough.  My Skype is AdventSign although I only go online when there is somebody else who wants to communicate with me.  E-mails that are sent to me go directly to my phone, so you'll hear back within a few hours.

Edited by AdventSign
Availability Change

• 1 month later...

1) Handle: Sora  (Some projects call me SoraSky, I'm fine with both)
2) Positions you can fill: JP-EN Translator and Translation Checker.
3) Types of projects (VNs) preferred: anything actually! Though I'd prefer projects that have a lot of communication between team members.
4) Availability: Feel free to Pm to confirm my availability. Primarily TLCing for Flying Pantsu, TL/TLC for WakarimashitaTL and Rinjinbu  

5) VNs most interested in producing an ftl for: VNs by pulltop, and august, or yuzusoft~
6) Motivation for joining in on ftl: I'd like to help bring VNs to the the non-japanese speaking community, as well making friends with fellow project members! =]
7) Conditions: I'm no expert in erotica, and cant phrase H-lines for nuts, so please don't get me to TL H-scenes.(I can help to TLC them though o.o) 

Contact me via fuwa PM or through email ([email protected]) ^^

• 4 months later...

Handle:

Krylan

Positions you can fill:

At this moment only image editing (I could also translate simple words in menus).

Types of projects (VNs) preferred:

- very preferably moege, eroge,

Availability:

I'm free, so you can write to me anytime :3

VNs most interested in producing an ftl for:

Heh, I could say, every moe game with nice art! Preferably comedies/slice of life genres.

Motivation for joining in on ftl:

I have too much time... -_-

And I love VNs, so I want to help you with projects (even, if range of my services is very limited).

Conditions:

- no Yaoi/Otome games (Yuri is not included :3 ),
- no trap nor other disgusting content,

At this moment it's not too much, but I'm still trying to increase my skills.

I hope this post won't do a mess in this thread.

Edited by Krylan

• 1 month later...

Handle: cityscape / Chels

Positions you can fill: Editor, proofreader.

Types of projects (VNs) preferred: None in particular; I'm usually not picky with projects! c: I do have a preference for otomege and fantasy/science fiction, but I'm willing to work on other genres as well.

Availability: Available. I'm a college freshman, but my workload and school schedule is pretty lax. I can dedicate anywhere between 2-4 hours daily for VN work usually, except around exam periods! I'm not attached to any projects at the moment.

VNs most interested in producing an FTL for: A friend of mine introduced me to VNs not too long ago, so I still have yet to sample most of the games in the business. Anything that catches my eye, I suppose; I'm also always up for otomege and fantasy/science fiction/psychological VNs.

Motivation for joining in on FTL: I've only recently gotten into VNs, but I've enjoyed all the games I've played so far! :3 I've worked in scanlation as well as translation for K-fandom, so I know how much work goes into translating something and I would really want to contribute to the VN community. Editing/proofing is something I've been doing half my life for both fandom and RL, so FTL's a great opportunity for me to do what I love while learning new things. My Japanese has also gotten reaaaaally rusty in the time I've neglected it, so I'm looking to improve it while working in FTL.

Conditions: Other than extremely strict deadlines and eroge, I can't think of much else I can't work with.

Contact info: E-mail ([email protected]) or PM is perfectly fine. :D

Do let me know if you're interested in having me on board! ( ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ I don't bite, I promise; I have cookies!

Edited by cityscape

1) Handle : paborin
2) Positions you can fill: translator/translation checker
3) Types of projects (VNs) preferred: something funny, interesting or slice of life?
4) Availability: Not available ^^; 
5) VNs most interested in producing an ftl for: broccoli, aksky, and koei. However, I am open to anything. 
6) Motivation for joining in on ftl: To find a fun and meaningful way to practice translating and studying Japanese. 
7) Conditions: nothing extremely graphic. I have an open mind to do anything...for now. 

Please PM me if you are interested! 

Edited by paborin

• 1 month later...

Handle: PaperSamurai

Positions (in order of preference) : Translation Checker, Editor (if i do also get the audio to the txt), Proof Reader (i am not 100% sure about all of the positions so plz explain)  

Types of Proj. Preferred: my work is most beneficial with audio. Genre preference would be anything that is NOT otome, mystery, horror (i plan to do this in the evening and would like to have fun translating -w- ) There are some Drama that i might not favor so plz consider .-.

Availability: Until the end of December, Fridays and Sundays would be the best days i'll be most free.  i still have an hour a day that could be put into translations. The speed is not for me to judge (i try not to be cocky)
i will message if i need more time or have errands that keep me from translations (think of me as a "part time worker" not full-time )

Personal VN that i prefer reading: As i mentioned in my profile i like Storylines such as 

kamidori alchemy meister
Little Busters!

(i have also enjoyed Majikoi and Battle Moon Wars 

Motivation of Joining: I felt like Joining so here i am .-. please reply before i change my mind >> 

Motivations: i don't think about that stuff .-. if anything i would like to know myself if i actually have talent for these kind of things >>

Conditions:

- I will like to know someone i could contact weekly to keep everyone and myself posted  

- i will like to have the audio to the translations (for the sake of efficient work)

- I'll take feedback (even complains) BUT i do not tolerate arrogance nor ignorance
- if i need to speed up my work plz tell me ( only if you are my superior ) Communication is key 
- plz do not give me 15MB worth of scrip at once @~@ (my poor Asian brain will be fried with a glance like Squid Kalamari )

- Just because i am Japanese, Please do not expect to much from me (i tutor and help translate at my college but this is my first time doing online )

for further questions or notes i have not mentioned, plz message me ^ ^)/

Edited by PaperSamurai

1) Handle (the one you use or plan to use):mikimir

2) Positions you can fill:translator/ editor/proofreader

3) Types of projects (VNs) preferred:Fantasy, Non-human heroine

4) Availability (edit this one as you get involved in projects):Unavailable

50 lines/day (editing speed) if busy, maybe more if not

5) VNs most interested in producing an ftl for:None. Maybe sanoba witch?

6) Motivation for joining in on ftl:Using translators are okay but not exactly the ideal solution... Might as well translate the whole VN

7) Conditions (any additional conditions, under which you will or won't work):idc if it's nukige or not. Story-heavy VN translating is not the ideal job for me. Works slow if placed in TL

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I think that I should post mine

1) Handle (the one you use or plan to use): KhoaSin

2) Positions you can fill: Translator (Jap-Eng)

3) Types of projects (VNs) preferred: anything is fine but has to be a medium lengh with good-setting (not so stupid) VN

Currently working on the Magical marriage Lunartics!! project

100 lines/day (at worst), 1000 lines/week (at best)

5) VNs most interested in producing an ftl for: August, Yuzusoft, Sagaplanet, Moonstone....no Yaoi (Yuri/Trap is fine) and no mindbreak, 

6) Motivation for joining in on ftl:Join hand to help spreading VN.

I-

- Finish what started and promised.

- Non-stop but not so quick.

- Stop only when the team say "You're fired" (though FTL means voluntary)

7) Conditions (any additional conditions, under which you will or won't work):

- The leader must be alive and online.

- Friendly TLC who won't say "Who dahell let this guy translate?"

Edited by khoasin

• 2 weeks later...

1) Handle: EldritchCherub

2) Positions you can fill: Editor

3) Types of projects (VNs) preferred: Moege, Dark Fantasy, Horror, Mystery, 18+ VNs and All-Ages

4) Availability: Available

Currently an editor for Mangagamer and Subdesu-H

5) VNs most interested in producing a ftl for:

- MinDeaD BlooD ~Shihaisha no Tame no Kyoushikyoku~

- Tasogare no Sinsemilla

-Further improve my own writing abilities (Currently have a B.A in Creative Writing)

-Enjoy diving into fun and perplexing stories.

-Give back to the fan translation community.

7) Conditions: NO BL, tentacles, loli!

8 ) Completed Projects: Da Capo 3, D.S. Dal Segno, Magical Marriage Luncatics!, Space Live, Kuroinu Ch.3

I can be contacted through PM

Edited by EldritchCherub
Updated list of projects I'm currently working on.

1) Handle (the one you use or plan to use): Rilarion
2) Positions you can fill: Editor, proofreader
3) Types of projects (VNs) preferred: fantasy, action, school, harem, romance (if for some chance an offer comes for LNs I'm willing to accept those too)
4) Availability (edit this one as you get involved in projects): Working on a project
5) VNs most interested in producing an ftl for: Grisaia series, Phantom of Inferno remake (if anyone starts the project)

-Contributing to the fan-translation community

-Improving and polishing my english

7) Conditions (any additional conditions, under which you will or won't work):

-No Yaoi

-I'd like to actively keep in touch with the group (especially the translator)

-Not exactly a condition but a warning(sort of): I'm inexperienced, though I believe in my experience as a reader and my english skills

You can reach me through PM

Edited by Rilarion

• 2 weeks later...

1) Handle: Barralrider
2) Positions you can fill: Proof reader, translator (English-Japanese), Editor.
3) Types of projects preferred: Anything at all. Although I'm a massive fan of horror and anything twisted so I'd love to work on stuff like that. Shoujo is also great. Actually I'm pretty much down for anything.
4) Availability: Unavailable
5) VNs most interested in producing an ftl for: Anything.
6) Motivation for joining in on ftl: Improving my reading and translation skills from Japanese to English.
7) Conditions:

-Please be sure you're going to go through and produce the whole thing.
-I don't mind doing erotic projects but I'd rather not work on anything with gore and ero in the same scene.

-I have a pretty busy schedule during the week so any translating I do will happen in large chunks over weekends and Friday nights.
-I have no experience in cracking/hacking.
-Set up a way for everyone on the project to communicate please (chatrooms are fine and free).

Twitter- @28skeletons

Tumblr- Barralrider

Edited by Barralrider

1) Handle (the one you use or plan to use): Chifuyu
2) Positions you can fill: Translator (JP-EN)
3) Types of projects (VNs) preferred: Nakige, Nukige, Moege
5) (VNs most interested in producing an ftl for: Dies Irae, Grisaia Trilogy, Karumaruka Circle, Aka-san to Kyuuketsuki, etc..
6) Motivation for joining in on ftl: First off, I have so much free time.
7) Conditions (any additional conditions, under which you will or won't work): None. Just provide me with moe materials :wub:

Edited by Chifuyu-chan

• 3 weeks later...

1) Handle (the one you use or plan to use): Nakige_R_Us
2) Positions you can fill: editor, proofreader, can translate in a pinch
3) Types of projects (VNs) preferred: nakige, moege, story-heavy games
4) Availability (edit this one as you get involved in projects): Unavailable
5) VNs most interested in producing an ftl for: Irotoridori no Sekai/Hikari, Majo Koi Nikki, Hapymaher
6) Motivation for joining in on ftl: love for the genre, boredom
7) Conditions* (any additional conditions, under which you will or won't work):

• No BL, otome, or yuri games. (Single yuri or BL routes within a larger game are okay.)
  • No extreme dark sexual content (rape, tentacles, etc.)
  • Nothing overly gory.
  • Don't ask me to do anything technical. I can't do it.
Edited by interested translator