Fan Translator Skills Registration

Hello everyone!

Handle: Nicoco

Position you can fill: Editor/Proofreader/QC (I don’t know anything about hacking sorry and I can speak 3 languages but sadly not Japanese)

As I can only speak English I may not be the most effective editor but I'm a native English-speaker and fluent in English so proofreading should be a cinch (I've also won a number of English academic awards throughout my life like consistent top of the year English excellence awards and even being top of the state for a nationally-renowned English competition LOL. If you don't believe me I could send you proof, though I hope I'm not coming across as too pretentious.)

Types of projects (VNs) preferred: ANY otome games, yaoi/BL, I don’t mind rape, incest and H scenes and I love games that feature dark themes and yanderes. I also like the Tokimeki Girl's Side series.

Availability: I’m available whenever you require my assistance. If you take me on board I’ll be extremely dedicated and get back to you ASAP. Any script for otomege will be completed and sent back immediately if you send it to me since I love it so much lmao.

VNs most interested in producing an ftl for: Games by Idea Factory, Rejet and Otomate (basically any otomege). I would LOVE to work on PSP Otome titles but I’d be happy to work on PC games as well. I also love games by Nitro+Chiral. I'm a big fan of Clock Zero so if anyone's starting a translation for that please consider me!

Motivation for joining in on ftl: I want to help the VN community as much as I can because you all seem to be working so hard and helping you in any way would make me happy :) And of course, I want to help in contributing to faster releases!

Conditions:

-       NO Lolis, or Yuri (with Lolis) It's not that I hate lolis... it's just that I don't think I will be as motivated.

-       I don’t really like harems or straight romance VNs that focus on the guy kissing/banging/making sweet love with 70000 other heroines

-       --> Basically I don’t like VNs targeting the male audience. 

-       I am a first year uni-student and may have to focus on my exams when the time comes but I will make sure to notify you a few weeks prior at least so I don't just bum out on you and leave you hanging :)

-       You CAN send me ANYTHING to proofread, if you really need the help!

Doesn't matter what genre (even the ones I listed that I hate – just please be desperate). 

-       Finally, please be kind to me :)

Hope you're all faring well!

Edit: currently proofreading Dot Kareshi, but is willing to accept more projects project finished! please consider adding me to your team I'm now more available than ever :)

Note: my dream is to work as part of a translation team who are dedicated in finishing the project they undertook. It would me so happy to be in an actual team instead of doing freelance work here and there ><"" I don't know if that makes sense lol.

Edited by nicoco

1) Handle (the one you use or plan to use): iamnoob
2) Positions you can fill: Editor, QCer
3) Types of projects (VNs) preferred: Nakige, Comedy, Slice of life
4) Availability (edit this one as you get involved in projects): Just started uni. (unavaliable)
5) VNs most interested in producing an ftl for: Nakige, Comedy, Slice of life
6) Motivation for joining in on ftl: Improve Japanese 
7) Conditions* (any additional conditions, under which you will or won't work):

No dark sexual content (rape, tentacles, etc.)

No gore/ horror 

Edited by iamnoob

1) Handle: ILOVEPIE

2) Positions you can fill: Hacker, Video Editor, Quality Control, English Editor, Tool coder, English to Spanish Translation

3) Types of projects (VNs) preferred: PC, NDS (Nitro) or 3DS (CTR) with a good story

4) Availability: Currently working on High School DxD for 3ds (looking for team members).

5) VNs most interested in producing an ftl for: High School DxD for 3ds

6) Motivation for joining in on ftl: the challenge, I enjoy things which challenge my reverse engineering skills.

won't work on purely yaoi or purely yuri games, not that I have anything against it, It's just not my cup of tea.

nothing too violent or psychological

No dark sexual content.

contact by pm

Edited by ILOVEPIE

• 2 weeks later...

1) Handle : Dark Blank
2) Positions you can fill: JP-EN TL, Beta tester (playing for free), Moral support
3) Types of projects (VNs) preferred: As long it's not a nukige game
4) Availability (edit this one as you get involved in projects): Busy
5) (VNs most interested in producing an ftl for:

- Whirlpool games such as, Lunaris Fillia, Justy Nusty, etc

- Yuzusoft games

- Koiken otome revive

6) Motivation for joining in on ftl: Learn japanese by practice and mostly help me learn english

can't work on :

- VN with to many H scene (Nukige)

- VN that use many difficult kanji, or many kanji jokes.

- Unfriendly Brotherhood, (i am in learning stage after all)

Note :

I am not a native english speaker nor a japanese. I can't guarantee you a perfect translation since i am still learning both japanese and english.

All i got right now is N4 certificate. Going to N3 when i got the time.

Edited by dark_blank

Handle: Tsukiyo Reiko
Positions you can fill: Proof Reader/Editor
Types of projects (VNs) preferred: Fantasy, Slice of Life, Horror, Psychological
Availability: -AVAILABLE-
VNs most interested in producing an ftl for: I'll update this later when I can find the list I made.
Motivation for joining in on ftl: I see a lot of VN's that are well translated, but have choppy sentances, poor word choice, or awkward wording. It makes me sad to see this after all the translation work, because the full enjoyment can't be gained from a poorly written story. As a writer, it's a little irritating to have to read these kinds of uneditied, unchecked VN. It takes a lot away from the story, and even more from the feeling of the moment. I would love to help make the translation flow smoother, and help lock the reader in further.
Conditions: Please be serious about the project if you ask me to join. It would be frustrating to put in a lot of hard work with my team, and have it left unfinished. I don't roll with that kind of half-assedness.

Edited by Tsukiyo_Reiko

• 2 weeks later...

1) Handle (the one you use or plan to use): Dunmer Rogue

2) Positions you can fill: Editing, proofreading, quality checking

3) Types of projects (VNs) preferred: Sci Fi, Mystery, Romance

4) Availability (edit this one as you get involved in projects): Plenty of free time currently

5) VNs most interested in producing an ftl for: Anything with an enticing story

6) Motivation for joining in on ftl: There are a lot of stories I'd love to read but can't because I don't speak Japanese. I'd love to do what little I can to help make these amazing stories available to a wider audience.

7) Conditions* (any additional conditions, under which you will or won't work): Since I don't speak any Japanese, having good communication with TLs and TLCs is important. Good communication between all editors and proofers is also important for keeping the tone and flow consistent throughout. As for yuri, yaoi, otome, and H games, I can't say I have any issue with working on them. That preference may change after working on some, but right now I would probably be fine working on most anything with a good story that would keep me interested in seeing it all the way through.

Hello. I am a semi-professional freelance translator with about three years of experience in handling non-literary stuff like tourism pamphlets and documentary subtitling. Lately I was thinking of making a shift toward literary translating and thus would like to practice on things I actually enjoy reading. Note that due to the nature of my professional experience I have more confidence in my reading comprehension than producing good flowing prose. I also have never attempted translating anything erotic so far, so I don't know if I can do it competently. -_-;

1) Handle: Conjueror

2) Positions you can fill: Translator (JP>E)

3) Types of projects (VNs) preferred: Only the select VNs mentioned in (5).

4) Availability: Busy working for MangaGamer.

5) VNs interested in producing a ftl for (in order of preference): Himawari (I'm particularly interested in bringing this hard sci-fi gem to western audiences as it is my second favorite visual novel after Subarashiki Hibi), Aiyoku no Eustia, Ikusa Megami Zero, Genrin no Kishougun 2, Haru Made, Kururu, Bullet Butlers and Chrono Belt. I'd add Dies Irae too, but I'm too afraid to tackle THAT for my first literary translation. I might also be persuaded to translate BALDR FORCE, Sekai de Ichiban Dame na Koi, Oretachi ni Tsubasa ha nai, Haruka ni Aogi Uruwashi no and Hatsuyuki Sakura.

6) Motivation for joining in on ftl: Spreading VN love to the world, practice for my job.

7) Conditions*: None that I can think of at the moment.

I noticed there was an attempt to revive Aiyoku no Eustia translation project a few months ago, but it failed due to the group lacking an experienced translator. I wish I was around then. Hopefully the interest hasn't waned yet as it's definitely among the best visual novels I've read. And I've read a lot. ;)

Edited by Conjueror

• 1 month later...

Handle: Niconiconi

Positions you can fill: hacker/programer, TL check

Types of projects (VNs) preferred: Everything except yaoi

Availability: 100% avaible

VNs most interested in producing an ftl for: Nothing in particular

Motivation for joining in on ftl: wanting to read more novels

Conditions: I'll be the only with the tools

Handle: Lotus

Positions you can fill: Hacker, Image Editor

Types of projects (VNs) preferred: RPG/Dungeon Crawlers/Barter Games

Availability: 70%, due to private reasons

VNs most interested in producing an ftl for: Any of the Eushully Games.

Motivation for joining in on ftl: Not enough Eushully games translated

Conditions: Will only do Eushully games.

• 2 weeks later...

Handle: Fred the Barber

Positions you can fill: Editor, Proofreader

Types of projects (VNs) preferred: nakige, romance, drama, chuunige

Availability: Occupied (Majo Koi Nikki)

VNs most interested in producing an ftl for: White Album 2

Motivation for joining in on FTL: Someone's gotta do it.

Conditions: Not interested in anything particularly dark, nor overly fluffy moege unless it's particularly charming

• 1 month later...

Handle: Riona

Positions you can fill: Translator (J to E), Subber (OP videos, cutscenes, can do karaoke as well)

Types of projects (VNs) preferred: Moege, yuri, magical battle royales, all of the above, etc. Also very trashy otome games (the trashiest of them all).

Availability: Busy at the moment with some non-VN-related projects.

VNs most interested in producing an ftl for:

Motivation for joining in on ftl: I've been a translator and fansubber for a few years now, and I figured I'd like to try translating some VNs. It'd be nice to do something for the community, since I've been playing VNs long before I learned Japanese.

Conditions:

• No yaoi, and definitely please nothing like Euphoria.
  • Mature, steady team.

Contact: PM me for my Skype, Twitter, etc. (I'm undercover, shh.)

• 1 month later...

Format

1) Handle (the one you use or plan to use): Cron / Dark_Cron

2) Positions you can fill: Translator (Japanese - English, French, Dutch)

3) Types of projects (VNs) preferred: Especially Romance and comedy... Everything else is ok except horror (as in "scary stuff" I'm ok with psychological/drama horror, nothing with like ... Idk zombies, monsters and such things :3)

4) Availability (edit this one as you get involved in projects): Unavailable as of 04/25/2015 - /

5) (VNs most interested in producing an ftl for:Irotoridori no Sekai and others, hoshi ori yume mirai (currently reading in at a decent pace)

6) Motivation for joining in on ftl: Since VN's are unappreciated, in most cases

7) Conditions* (any additional conditions, under which you will or won't work): I'm still attending university and well... If I am in need of time that will come first, this means almost no activity before and during exam period (+/- the whole of June) and I'm pretty busy during the summer (July and August 2015) since I'm planning to do loads of interviews and reviews of people and their companies...

Info: I live in Belgium just so you know... I regularly try to read both light novels and visual novels to train and maintain my Japanese.

Language status:

Dutch: Native language / mother tongue.

English: Grew up with the language, I'm pretty confident in my skills with said language.

French: Shouldn't be a problem along with a dictionary (the grammar isn't a problem).

• 3 weeks later...

1) Handle: PerfumeAntidote
2) Positions you can fill: TL (JP - ENG)
3) Types of projects (VNs) preferred: otome, but I'm flexible. I would like to avoid yaoi, torture and horror.
4) Availability: BOOKED
5) VNs most interested in producing an ftl for: none at the moment
6) Motivation for joining in on ftl: I've always wanted to help translate Japanese works, but haven't had the confidence to do it until now. I'm looking to have fun while adding to the English VN database.
Oh, and also for the experience.
7) Conditions*: I live in Japan and work full-time, so contacting me may be difficult, but I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
Please give me an idea of how much you need translated per week. [scripts with daily conversation (ie: school life, slice of life) can be translated very quickly.] Thank you!

-----------------------

Experience
Amateur TL: (JP-ENG) essays, textbooks, pamphlets, etc. (3 years)
Amateur Interpretation: 2 years
English localization
Major: language studies (Japanese) and linguistics

Language skill
English - native
Japanese - near-native, working on N1

1. Handle: rr-
  2. Positions I can fill: hacking / tool programming / image editing
  3. Preferred projects: magic, fantasy, ecchi, dark. PC only.
  4. Availability: currently free.
  5. VNs most interested in producing an ftl for: -
  6. Motivation: so I can share something nice with people and have sense of accomplishment.
  7. Conditions: no yaoi or romance-focused games. Only one project at a time since I work full time IRL.

Since my experience is limited, there is a chance the game proves too challenging. I'll have a good idea if I'm qualified if you give me a few days (up to one week).

1) Handle (the one you use or plan to use): Meat_Bun1

2) Positions you can fill: Editor/Proofreader (English), Web maintenance, Programmer (see 2nd bullet)

3) Types of projects (VNs) preferred: Romance, Slice of Life, Story-heavy

4) Availability (edit this one as you get involved in projects): Editor: PM me with details and I'll see (currently on one)

Programming/Web: Probably not, unless it is low commitment (i.e. maintenance, occasional patching)

5) VNs most interested in producing an ftl for: Any at the moment

6) Motivation for joining in on ftl: I enjoy the genre and wish to have more English-translated VNs out there.

7) Conditions (any additional conditions, under which you will or won't work):

• My progress tends to be inconsistent (due to work and school), but I will let you know if I will be inactive for longer than a month.
  • I am good with computers although I have not done any hacking yet, but I am willing to learn if the need arises.
  • No yaoi (yuri is fine)
  • I would prefer not to have horror or excessive sexual content although psychological horror is probably okay.
Edited by Meat_Bun1
Update status

• 4 weeks later...

1) Handle (the one you use or plan to use): Probably TheOnlyKami
2) Positions you can fill: Umm what positions are there? My skills are: English proof-reading (native english speaker), Basic japanese 3 years informal education, 2 years formal education (meaning conversational japanese, not so good on the kanji, but stuff like puns ez), second language chinese speaker( if that even helps)  and a little bit of coding (mostly forgotten).
3) Types of projects (VNs) preferred: Yuri, Hentai, non-hentai, romance, loli (stronkjailbait), anything geared towards men, with female characters in it, is okay. (exept for gore and horror) 
4) Availability (edit this one as you get involved in projects): Probably 1hr a night if i'm free, 1/2hr if its quite bad, and 0 if its terrible and my exams are coming.
5) (VNs most interested in producing an ftl for: Not much for now i think, just reading stuff and getting accustomed to VNs
6) Motivation for joining in on ftl: Need something to do with my life other than play games and watch anime, also been playing for about 3 months, don't see whats not to like.

Deadlines need to be set from the start of the project, so I can pace myself. Do not appreciate the changing of deadlines, especially those that are moved forward due to circumstances, ( but I do appreciate the extension if there is any).

At the start of the project i will ask a lot of questions, so it would be appreciated if there is a common communication ground to clear misunderstandings as we work along the project.

PC only pls.

Edited by theonlykami

Handle: Sugiken

Positions you can fill: Translator

Types of projects (VNs) preferred: Moege, those with daily-lives plot that doesn't include mystery or anything complexity. Just "normal" VN. Drama are ok though. And yeah, PC platform only. And only interested in nice art VN.

Availability (edit this one as you get involved in projects): NOT Available(currently as a Translator of Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete)

VNs most interested in producing an ftl for: New here but i'd love to do Hibiki Works' Pretty X Cation series, or something similar like that. And also Yuzusoft too.

Motivation for joining in on ftl: Of course, for fellow non-japanese out there and as a repay for all the TL ers out there translating VNs i've read that made me fell in love with them.

Conditions: No BL,Yaoi,otoge. I'm fine with Yuri though. Self-paced since i'm just starting out, but i'll try to get better and better through leveling myself up. Don't mind doing ero-scenes but i rather avoid it as much as possible.

P/S: I'm new so i hope guys would show me how things work first before i could get things started. My Japanese are around N3~N2 and still studying.

• 1 month later...

Handle: storyteller

Positions you can fill: translator, proofreader, translation checker

Types of projects (VNs) preferred: I'm only going to be willing to work on things I've read, so check my VNDB

Availability: Occupied

VNs most interested in producing an ftl for: Any game I currently have access to (Clockwork Leyline series, Okujou no Yuri-rei San, Hikoukigumo no Mukougawa)

Motivation for joining in on ftl: Was going to help with Majikoi A-1 translations, but...

Conditions: Check above for projects I'm interested in. Expect wildly varying speeds of translation, as it largely depends on my motivation at the time.

Handle: Darbury

Positions you can fill: Editor, Image/Video Editor, Proofreader

Types of projects (VNs) preferred: Story-driven titles

Availability: SOME (updated 7/20/16)
Currently proofreading scripts for Majo Koi Nikki, but I've still got some bandwidth — if the right project comes a-knockin'.

VNs most interested in producing an FTL for: Well-written VNs that seek to elevate the medium. Or fun crap that knows it's fun crap. Also? I'd fight your mom for the chance to edit a competently translated version of White Album 2.

Motivation for joining in on FTL: Whenever I see a thoughtfully translated VN with bad editing, it makes me want to crawl under a pile of puppies and cry. (Ideally, the puppies would be crying too, because who doesn’t enjoy a good group cry?) I spend much of my day punching up scripts and ad copy, so this is a nice way to use my powers for good.

Conditions: NO LOLI. Established teams only, please. Wasting what free time I have will only make me add more puppies to my cry-pile. Think of the puppies, you monsters!

Some Past Projects:
Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort: Lead Editor, Image Editing, Video Editing
Kim ga Kimi: Lead Image Editor
True Remembrance 2X: Image Editing
Ni no Kuni (DS): Image Editing, Script Editing

+Handle (the one you use or plan to use): Ninetailz

+Positions you can fill: Project Hosting (All hosting related stuff), Editor/Proofreader

+Types of projects (VNs) preferred: all genres, except otome games :/

+Availability (edit this one as you get involved in projects): Free at the moment

+VNs most interested in producing an ftl for: all are welcome ^_^

+Motivation for joining in on ftl: provide services to the greatest creation vn/eroges/moeges/insert-ges here >.>

+Conditions: *Please set a deadline that will not be ever-changing so i could follow it and pace myself*

1) Handle (the one you use or plan to use): LaChance
2) Positions you can fill: Editor, Proofreader
3) Types of projects (VNs) preferred: Every genre, except yaoi.
4) Availability (edit this one as you get involved in projects): Available and ready!
5) (VNs most interested in producing an ftl for: I'm into ones with dark\evil characters and good story, though I don't mind plotless stuff every once in a while.
6) Motivation for joining in on ftl: Too much free time, and I hate the fact that so many good VNs are untranslated.

Communication is the key, I won't join an uncommunicative group.

English is my strong point, I know only the most basic jap.

• 3 weeks later...

1) Handle: Ittaku

2) Positions you can fill: Translator

3) Types of projects (VNs) preferred: Comedy, Romance, Slice of life, Moe/Charage with almost exclusively happy endings and not too much drama - must have H and have an average rating of >7/10 on vndb. Would consider Nukige if there's a little extra story component (I translated Polygon Love 2 for example).

4) Availability: Employed, but still interested in fantl

5) VNs most interested in producing an ftl for: Anything like To Heart 2 or lighter, like the selection by Clephas here: https://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/4204-for-love-of-vns-chicken-soup-for-the-soul/?

6) Motivation for joining in on ftl: Enjoy translating and it keeps my Japanese moving forward

7) Conditions* (any additional conditions, under which you will or won't work): Lots of conditions, see below.

Absolutely no rape, torture, humiliation, disgrace, loli, dark themes, violence. Don't like utsuge nor excessive drama either.

Will only work on one project at a time.

PC games only.

Can translate up to ~1000 lines per week.

Will not tolerate abusive criticism. Must accept limitations of my time availability and quality of translation without barrage of complaints.

Will only work for an established team - either one that has made significant progress on an existing project or is starting a new project having successfully completed other projects.

Team must have a coordinator that is responsive and communicative.

I have a strong sense of responsibility for any projects I take on so I will not take on a project unless I intend to complete my allocated component so I expect a team that is also suitably motivated.

Handle: Tamaki Sakura

Positions I Can Fill: editor, beta/QC/proofreader

Preferred Genres: romance, nakige, speculative fiction, magical realism

Availability: CURRENTLY AVAILABLE

VN I'd Most Like to Work On: Hatsuyuki Sakura, Flyable Heart, Sakura no Uta

Motivation: I enjoy editing/proofing, and need extra projects between paying jobs.

Conditions:

• I won't work on titles with heavy gore, rape, or BL (due to the frequency of rape in the genre.) No lolicon/shotacon.
  • Paid work get priority. I'll be unable to work during periods when I'm doing a job for MangaGamer. These periods occur a few times per year, and generally last 2-8 weeks each. You will always be able to contact me.
Edited by Tamaki Sakura
status change