Clannad:about friends and spoilers

bogdankl

So here's the deal, I watched the original Clannad anime and like, the first episode of afterstory and then stopped for <insert random reason here> with the intent of returning and finishing it at a later time, cut back to a later time and my friend accidentally slips the fact that

Nagisa dies in after story

I dunno if I would play the anime...

Still, CLANNAD is about way more than the dream shenanigans. Spoiled or not, I feel the After Story is something not to be missed, truly. Lots of stuff happen before you even get to that part. Just know that knowing these things may make a couple of scenes less emotional, but not much other than that.

And the After Story, at least in the anime, is only about Nagisa (more or less, but if you've already watched the anime then your fine).

I dunno if I would play the anime...

Still, CLANNAD is about way more than the dream shenanigans. Spoiled or not, I feel the After Story is something not to be missed, truly. Lots of stuff happen before you even get to that part. Just know that knowing these things may make a couple of scenes less emotional, but not much other than that.

And the After Story, at least in the anime, is only about Nagisa (more or less, but if you've already watched the anime then your fine).

Once upon a time the plains of Fuwa were inhabited by an anime-god named Ryoji. He also loved Key visual novels. I will pass on to you the words of wisdom given to me by Ryoji-sama: 

"He*& yes. The VN isn't ruined by the anime or knowing the plot. You'll probably like it (< the VN) more because you watched it (< the anime) and knew the story."

I doubted him at the time, but as usual, he was right.

Let me put it this way...

I was spoiled for all the things you were spoiled for. More actually. Nevertheless, I watched it through till the end... Totally worth. In my opinion it is completely worth your time no matter how much you are spoiled.

Also....

Everywhere i look people sing praises of the anime as if it were the third coming of Jesus

That's because it is.  :ph34r:

Those plot twists are actually the least interesting part of Clannad for me. There's much more interesting stuff to enjoy in it.
Also, just like you i had been spoiled about it beforehand (when something is so popular there's only so much you can do to avoid spoilers) and i still enjoyed both the anime and the VN

I think I've watched Clannad and After Story 3 times each (I'm holding off on the VN until the Sekai Project translation comes out). I'm pretty sure each time through has been more emotional than the previous, for me. So, at least for me, knowing the plot in advance doesn't really make much of a difference to how much I enjoy it. I'm sure it diminishes that initial impact somewhat, but agreed with everybody else: it'll still be well worth watching the anime / playing the VN.

I think I've watched Clannad and After Story 3 times each (I'm holding off on the VN until the Sekai Project translation comes out). I'm pretty sure each time through has been more emotional than the previous, for me. So, at least for me, knowing the plot in advance doesn't really make much of a difference to how much I enjoy it. I'm sure it diminishes that initial impact somewhat, but agreed with everybody else: it'll still be well worth watching the anime / playing the VN.

who who who, Isn't the vn with voices already translated? what's Sekai Project translation?

who who who, Isn't the vn with voices already translated? what's Sekai Project translation?

they are doing a new translation from the beginning, the one that's available now is a fan-translated, many claim that's really bad...I think it's ok.

The release date is by the end of the year.

so turns out... clannad is not a very happy vn...like, at all.... any1 have any thoughts on something good that's like... not depressing as shit? you know, i wanna play something funny before i go kill myself... where's that drink

clannad is not a depressing vn at all, it is a nakige one but not utsuge, all the routes, yes even nagisa's route(because you need to play the after story for her), end with a really happy ending.

you call breaking Ryou not depressing???

maybe i just started with a bad route that may be a possibility too