Ambidex Game: Fuwa Edition!: Completed

Stray Cat

Vemo it's up to you whether or not you are willing to let me escape or not I shall of course be allying.

spoiler: My partner has decided to betray you since it doesn't actually matter one way or the other.

I do there's no doubt about it.

It's the MS groups that I'm wary of. 

And Stray Cat you do realize that now there are too many variables in the match and it's pretty hard to predict where things will go........... put simply it's becoming a game of luck.

Well let's hope for the best.

I do there's no doubt about it.

It's the MS groups that I'm wary of. 

And Stray Cat you do realize that now there are too many variables in the match and it's pretty hard to predict where things will go........... put simply it's becoming a game of luck.

Well let's hope for the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HzQzkXjIRY

fnwk61.jpg

And with that, I would like to bring this Ambidex game to a close.  Before you start asking how the game is over when no one has reached 5 points yet, let me give you a quote and explain my reasoning.

“Let’s play a game.  And don’t worry, it’s just a simple wager.  The subject of the wager, will be the human soul.  For example, let’s say I ask you this question.  ‘Can all human souls be bought with money or not?’  The key word here is ‘all’.  The answer is, there are times when you can buy them and times when you can’t, wouldn't you agree?  Humans will sometimes maintains their morality even if they’re offered a billion dollars.  Other times they will murder someone over 1 yen.  So look at it this way; the human soul is random and we bet on random things.  This offends some people.  They might say the human soul isn't nearly as random as the toss of a coin; they might even get angry.  For instances, let’s say we created a bet based on the question ‘Will one person murder another?’   For those who answer ‘That person would never do something like that.’ The coin has landed on heads before the results are in, so the odds were greater that the person wouldn't kill.  Let’s put aside what TV says is publicly acceptable; this is hypothetical after all.  You see, it’s impossible to predict what kind of person someone is until they’re put to the test; and working as an information broker I've done just that to numerous people.   But it’s not as if I have 100% control over the human soul.  All I can do is give them a push.   Let’s say that someone is crossing an extremely perilous boundary.  I can affect in which direction they step, but I can’t guarantee they’ll survive the crossing.   With that in mind, let the game begin.” ~ Izaya Orihara

This quote stood was ever present in my mind as the game progressed.  This game stood as a simple wager to myself, and the subject of said wager was the human soul.  However, instead of putting on stakes on bribes like money, I wanted to see how people would react with virtually no incentive whatsoever.  There was no reason for you to betray one another.  You could have all allied and it would have been over.  Yet, for 6 games this never occurred.  Some of you, like Tiago, realized the way to victory was to always ally.   However, not ‘all’ of you realized this.  For most of you, there were times when you would ally and times when you would betray.  Essentially, there were times when I could influence you, and times when I couldn't.  Some of you would betray only when forced to do so and your life depended on it, and some of you would do it without a second thought.   In this way, it ended up being true that the human soul is random.  You couldn't predict what kind of person someone was until they were put to the test; and this game served that purpose for all of you.  Further, it’s not like I had 100% control over you guys as well.  All I could do was give you a push, and whether or not you responded was all up to you.  No penalties were placed on you for not betraying or for not using MS, yet most of you jumped at the chance to mess with your other teammates.   From the beginning of this game, there were two conditions in place for victory.   The obvious one was that one or more of you reach 5 points, using your cleverness.  The other was the most obvious thing that most of you failed to realize, get everyone through in one game.  This required little effort and was the most logical choice from the beginning, but until now no one realized that was viable.  I honestly only expected the game to go 3 rounds or so until this happened but surprisingly it didn't happen until game 7.  This is not to say that what transpired didn't live up to my expectations.  This is far from the truth.  I had a great deal of fun watching this game progress and observing how clever some of you could be.  In fact, I worry for my own safety if I even end up in a real-life survival game with some of you.  Overall, this was an enjoyable experience and I couldn't have asked for more.

Thus congratulations to Tiago, Linova, Silvz, Funya, Cyr, Grimm, Kurisu, Shiko, and XReaper.  All of you will be receiving awards for reaching the true end of the game.  To the rest of you, thank you for participating.  

I hope to come up with more games like this at some point in the future. 

J1Y0a14.gif

*sheds tear* T-That was beautiful. Stray Cat, I didn't know you were so cool. Even if I don't understand poetry or art, or any philosophical thing whatsoever, I know that those words you spoke were true. True to the bone. And I'm glad I'm the person I am, for if I wasn't, I don't think I would've met such a great person like you.

so glad I came up with the idea, lol

/shameless self promotion

Props to everyone for participating!

I cannot thank you enough for taking up on the idea, Stray Cat. You soared the concept into heights greater than I could have ever imagined. I cannot thank you enough for hosting what turned out to be my favorite activity on this forum.

but shame on you for not using this for the finale:

so glad I came up with the idea, lol

/shameless self promotion

Props to everyone for participating!

I cannot thank you enough for taking up on the idea, Stray Cat. You soared the concept into heights greater than I could have ever imagined. I cannot thank you enough for hosting what turned out to be my favorite activity on this forum.

but shame on you for not using this for the finale:

I think my addition is more fitting. 

And thanks everyone!   :mare:

Thank you Stray Cat and Funya for creating a fun game.  ^_^ I enjoyed it while it lasted and had a great time with everyone~.

Btw, since the game is officially over, I have something I'd like to confess.  I'm sure most of you probably already suspected it, but uhh, yeah I was indeed involved with the MS team that lead to Tiago & Shiko's deaths. I'm sorry guys~ I guess my mischievous side came out a bit at that time  :nervous:.  I'm glad we all got out together in the end though! Hurray!  :angel:

Btw, since the game is officially over, I have something I'd like to confess.  I'm sure most of you probably already suspected it, but uhh, yeah I was indeed involved with the MS team that lead to Tiago & Shiko's deaths. I'm sorry guys~ I guess my mischievous side came out a bit at that time  :nervous:.  I'm glad we all got out together in the end though! Hurray!  :angel:

Don't worry about it, it's all in the past now. What matters is that we made it out together in the end. I'm the type to forgive and forget, as you can tell. ^_^