I need a sensei.

Tay

or perhaps a team of sensei.

You see -- I have not watched any anime since ~January 2014, and I need help knowing what I need to watch. As Ryoji can attest, I'm a special case and pretty dense about this stuff. The assignment will not be easy, but I can probably offer something by way of thanks.

W-w-will anybody be on my anime sensei team?

lol, what are you looking at me for?  *Clephas glares, accidentally causing the dimensional walls to crumble, allowing his best friend Nyarlathotep in* 

In any case, are you just looking for someone to tell you what anime were good since then, or do you want just all-around suggestions?  lol

Yes, yes, after much deliberation, the committee of me has decided that 3-7 doses of Boku no Pico (both morning and night, of course) will account for this chronic deficiency in anime. Be sure to accompany each intake with a glass of water, and if you have an erection lasting more than four hours, remember that it is perfectly normal.

lol, what are you looking at me for?  *Clephas glares, accidentally causing the dimensional walls to crumble, allowing his best friend Nyarlathotep in* 

In any case, are you just looking for someone to tell you what anime were good since then, or do you want just all-around suggestions?  lol

More along the lines of, "Tay sends out a group PM confessing his sins and the group gets to mock & give him suggestions."

Here are my must watch animes: Asura, Shiki, Denki-gai no Honya-san, Kiseijuu, Jormungand. And this is my entire list of favorites sorted by category. Feel free to browse at your leisure. Warning: long list.

ACTION

Akame Ga Kill

Akira

Berserk

Btooom

Darker Than Black

Jormungand

Hellsing

Hunter X Hunter

Nurarihyon no Mago

Shiki

Sword Art Online

Tokyo Ghoul

Kiseijuu

DARK

Tokyo Ghoul

Shiki

Jormungand

Helsing

Death Note

Darker Than Black

Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch

Btooom

Berserk

Asura

C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control

Akame Ga Kill

Kiseijuu

COMEDY

Denki-gai no Honya-san

STRATEGIC

Death Note

Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch

DRAMA

Denki-gai no Honya-san

Since all I would ever suggest were tings I watched taking into account my evaluation of them and since I'm still a newbie also taking into account IDK your personal preferences, I'll just leave My Anime List link here for references in case anyone want to take some ideas or whatever.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Kimossab&show=0&order=4

Hmm... I suggest Akuma no Riddle if you want something mystery and action-y. Also if you haven't already, watch Nichijou, it's my favoriteist comedy anime.                                                                                                                              And yes I did just make the word favoriteist.

Yes, yes, after much deliberation, the committee of me has decided that 3-7 doses of Boku no Pico (both morning and night, of course) will account for this chronic deficiency in anime. Be sure to accompany each intake with a glass of water, and if you have an erection lasting more than four hours, remember that it is perfectly normal.

Toradora!

Overall it depends on what kind of anime you like.

I like the complexity behind the small things of life, and animes like Toradora and Clannad are the ones that show it best.

Really the important question is : Do you like the average anime, with moe, fan service, clichéd characters (75% females) and jokes ?