Make a VN - Looking for Brainstorming Team

Tay

Some of you remember my earlier, crazy attempts to drum up a team to produce a VN here on Fuwanovel. It was met with mixed success, and ultimately my contest was won buy a Russian guy in another forum. Well, here we go again cool.gif.

I'm producing a short Visual Novel from scratch, and am looking for a writing team to help me brainstorm the foundation of the story. For the initial volunteers, I'd like anybody with creative inklings who would be wiling to help me brainstorm to post below. The time commitment is flexible and you can stop whenever you'd like. Whoever wants to join in is welcome, so please post below if you're interested.

Thanks!

The more the merrier! Now for the challenge: (Now, remember, as the producer I have to keep money in mind. Some of the limits are going to hurt, but they're necessary. I'm a poor medical student, and so I have to keep character art, music and a few other costs in mind as we go): I've written a story I think would work well for a short VN. But I want you to think of one, too. Once we have a handful, we're going to start flirting with combinations, etc., to see if we can come up with something really good.

Limitations in your story suggestions:

- Up to 5 characters with sprites (aka: five drawn characters)

- Preferred limit of 2 outfits per character, though the more characters with only 1 outfit, the better

- No H content. Sorry!

- Shorter story length (flexible, but not too long)

Can't wait to see what you come up with! I'll post my story idea tomorrow after class (need to pull it off my cloud storage), but please, I'm all ears : )

I can contribute some random concepts, as said in the other thread V:

You can either use those directly, or create your own ideas based of that!

So yeah, to get your imaginations churning, here's the concept I submitted for the September contest, haven't posted it anywhere else till now, hope it helps you guys:

Routes: 3, one for a guy, and one for a girl character, and the last for the protagonist himself!

Amount of ends: 2 endings for each route, 6 in total. Will not concentrate on good/bad traditional endings, but merely different possibilities and different endings.

Concepts:

Social World (SW) -

Another aspect of the world which manifests itself at certain times, most notably when humanity begins to stagnate in all areas and hits a wall in progression. This world first begins in a form called the "Research Division: Humanity", and cannot be accessed by anyone besides those chosen.

The whole Social World itself exists on another plane of reality, which is why no one can find it.

The Test -

The Social World doesn't immediately have all its various powers and functions, as whenever it appears, it requires knowledge on the current social systems of humanity as a whole(Hence the name, Research Division!).

To do this, it gives a power known as the Social Influence to various humans in many different locations, and gathers data from seeing how they use it. Once they have gathered enough, the power is relinquished from the humans, and all memory of the Research Division/SW erased.

They come to said humans in a dream and explain everything to them, and give them the power.

The power of Social Influence (SI) -

This power allows a person to control another person via mere conversation, without the other ever realizing or feeling it. Its not a power of total obedience, but a power of careful manipulation, steer the conversation right, and the person will do the actions suggested, perhaps effectively improving or devastating said persons life.

The power is invoked by a key word, a different one given to each person, for the MC, the keyword is "Orpheus".

----

Plot:

The plot itself is mainly about the characters and realistic situations than the Social World aspect, basically, it shows the main character's "Test" for gathering data about social situations. Its more about the lessons the main character learns in each different route and ending.

The SW aspect only hints to a higher, darker story which happens in the future once its fully developed, in other words, its material both for this short story, and if we ever plan to do so, another full on VN based around this concept, with some gameplay and whatnot. More explanation on the SW would be given in this full on VN rather than the short story.

Will try to come up with some more concepts soon >3>!

Okay, okay : ) You convinced me to post. Thanks for such awesome stuff, eclipse!

Short VN – 1 Heroine, MC has Superpower, set in USA sometime in the past

ACT 1

Main Character (MC) has a superpower, but is in a dangerous situation with bad guys on the East Coast. Decides to run, withdrawing all his money and taking a train to middle-of-nowhere town .

In Nowhere Town, MC buys a house with cash (amazing the Major who handles property sales). With not a lot of money left over, takes a job in a hardware store.

At the hardware store, he befriends the staff (including love interest).

Grows close to staff, the love interest.

ACT 2

A problem with staff or love interest’s family arises. MC’s superpower is capable of fixing it. Uses the power to fix the problem.

This is reported to a nearby newspaper without the MC knowing. When published and delivered to the town a few weeks later, the MC panics, realizing this may lead to the bad guys finding him.

Watches carefully for a while, no sign of bad guys, lowers guard.

Bad guys come. Do mean things.

MC escapes with love interest. Love interest demands they go back for her family.

They return.

ACT 3

Confrontation with the bad guy.

Conclusion.

Epilogue.

I was also planning to make a VN but then like everything I did I never returned to it after the first session xD

But I invented it pretty nicely, had fun for few hours xD

(its suppose to be small so you can't read it, so you dont get spoiled if I evef decide to finish it xD - but it has lolis, space travel, wormholes, solar systems exploding and penguins and all that shit xD)

SzsXzrc.png

so if you plan on having a loli route in your VN, you know who to ask :P

Based off the support character Anderson Hin from the VN concept idea i had in the other create a VN thread, I present the full side story of a character i just made up an hour or two ago.

Characters with sprites:

Anderson Hin

age 17. light brown hair. blue eyes. 5'9

Raised in japan until age eleven, Hin moved to England with his mother to live with his father who had moved there years earlier. Trained in kendo as a child, Eldin found european swordsmanship fascinating and pursued it throughout his school days there. He attented Norrington Private Academy where he recieved the finest education money can buy and there he met his first love, a girl he describes to this day as "the only person who's ever known who i am". After her death in a tragic car accident, Hin decided to move back to his hometown in japan, leaving his parents behind and renting an apartment from the parens of his childhood friend, Morigami Ryoji. He never talks about his life in england with any of his friends, and he cut all ties with the friends he made there. The hyperactive and sometimes selfish boy he had been died in the flames with her, his heart buried in a tomb of ice.

Anderson Kaname

age 15. Blonde hair. violet eyes. 4'11

Born two years and two weeks after her brother. kaname never got to know her father before he moved to europe to further his career, so when her mother and brother decided to move to europe to stay with him she fought to stay in japan. She was met with mixed feelings when she heard her brother had moved back. On the one hand, she always remembered him as a doting brother who protected her from neighborhood bullies and chased off stray dogs for her. On the other, she was angry that he had moved away and left her behind. Those feelings were swept away when she met him and saw the change that had occured in those short four years, and now sees it as her personal mission to bring him back to his former self.

Niemi Tori

Age 16. Red hair. Blue eyes. 5'3

Niemi Tori has always admired samurai culture. The way of the sword fascinated her. When she reached high school, her first goal was to join the kendo club and learn to fight like they do. Kendo Club president Takeno Shinji would have none of that nonsense however, and send her away saying "kendo is no place for a woman. perhaps you'd be more suited to the tea club?" Unwilling to give up on her dream, she repeatedly pressed the issue to the point of consulting the student body president himself, but to no avail. Tired of her shenanigans, Shinji and three other members of the kendo club ambushed her after school in a final attempt to break her spirit, and perhaps a few bones to get their point across. Fortunately for her, and her bones as well, Hin happened to be on cleaning duty that day. Seeing what was happening, Hin snapped his broomstick into a makeshift wapon and proceeded to lay down some beats on their bodies using techniques learned in lands far off. Seeing him as a white knight who saved the princess in distress, Tori fell for him hard on the spot and has pursued him since.

Kikuichi Mikoto

Age 16. Black hair. Grey eyes. 5'7

library girl. shy. cute. standard stuff. i'm out of ideas and my brain hurts. i've gone through like, 7 character concepts for this girl in the last half hour and i don't even care anymore. she's a nice girl, soft spoken, often doesn't talk because once she starts she finds it hard to stop and in the end feels embarrased about it. Hin bumbs into her one evening after school in an attempt to get away from Ryoji and Tori, who for some reason decided it would be amusing for him to test out the newest popular thing that's not yet popular: rocket shorts; be like a hipster and like them before they're famous they said. they've gotten along rather well ever since.

Morigami Ryoji

Age 17. Silver hair. Gold eyes. 5'10

Genius inventor and Hin's best friend from childhood, Ryoji is a mad anime nerd with a crippling eroge addiction and fetish for all things cute, especially cute things in maid outfits. He's also a mad scientist, who's scores are only equal to Hin's because the scores cannot go any higher. Despite the changes in his friend, Ryoji still considers him the best friend he's ever had and tries his best to lighten his spirits whenever possible. Slightly insulted that Hin won't tell even him the circumstances leading to his return, ryoji has a habit of taking out his stress over it by forcing Hin to help him test out his inventions that almost always have a habit of exploding, even when they're not made of anything that should normally explode.

the beginning: the scene of a car crash, a young girl struggles to free herself from the wreckage. She pulls out her cell phone, and thanks god it's still working. unable to move any further, she writes out a quick message and sends it, hoping it makes it in time. hoping he sees it. She gets a response, but she's feeling too faint to open the messanger. the phone falls to the ground.

a young man's cell phone drops to the floor by his feet. mouth agape, he can't believe what he's seeing. it can't be real. there's no way. suddenly an explosion roars across the television screen, sending shrapnel feet into the air, smoke and fire billowing out of the car's charred husk. silent tears stream down his face, he looks down at the phone beside him, the tiny lcd screen still glaring up at him, her final message still glowing in the dimly lit room.

i'm sorry

he wakes up to a sharp pain across the back of his head, sleepily looking up at the teacher brandishing his ruler like a small mace. a single tear falls from his cheek onto the wooden surface of his desk, which he wipes away with the sleeve of his shirt. he glances down at the silver band she gave to him, shining brightly in the midday sun that streamed in through the open blinds...

story mode, go!

New concept~!

Written very hastily and kind of in a confusing manner, basically just wrote it as I came up with it >>;. Feel free to use it if you want, could use a LOT of improvement and plot-correction/concept-clearing/elaborating probably.

Genre: Amalgalm of all kinds of fantasy and science fiction.

---

The Old World and the Old Races:

Earth was once known by another name, now long forgotten.

It was a planet filled with many races now considered figments of human imagination and myth.

Elves, Dwarves, Dragons, all of these and much more, were once all real!

All these races, including humans, thrived alongside each other, not without conflict, and yet, they always ended in peace and happiness. Happiness/peace were much more prevalent than war ever was.

These races did not rely on technology, but on a force new to the Universe, one known as Magic, which was linked to their own imaginative strengths.

The races themselves were also linked together with their imaginations, and their very souls, each individual having a true friend, or lover, or rival in each race.

The Old World was filled with fantastical places and vistas thought now to be possible only without 'the laws of reality', and as figments of our minds, which could never be bought to life.

They advanced at mind boggling speeds, somehow actually creating new fantastical lands in outer space via their powers, which were in fact connected to Earth, and were an extension of it, known as the Outer World.

These races...were also the newest to the Universe, along with Magic.

---

The Secret Oppression:

The other, older races of the Universe did not hold the ability to wield the power of Magic. They had imagination, and had advanced technologically with it, but could not wield the new concept the Universe had created, Magic. They were restricted to the laws already created by the Universe, unlike the new races on Earth.

After millenia spent rising to the top, for the first time, they felt fear. They saw a threat in the new races, one they had not faced in all their history.

In their paranoia, they did not even think of actually having talks with the new races, and instead in secret devised a plan to eventually wipe them off the universe.

They created a organic machine capable of holding back the imagination of the races of Earth(By connecting directly with their minds, imagine the Internet, but except connecting every organic, sentient, mind), and hid it deep within the Moon, from where it cut off the link the races had to Magic, and the connection each race had with each other.

This resulted in a apocalyptic scenario, where each part of the Outer World along with the races on them collapsed into the Void of the Universe(A place from where all things came initially, alongside the laws and concepts), never to be seen, unless the machine was disabled/destroyed, and the links restored.

Humankind, fortunate enough to be on the base part of the Old World, survived, in short time forgetting all about that had been accomplished and all that had been...in their conscious mind.

But this knowledge survived deep within the secret parts of their mind and body which enabled them to use Magic, suppressed by the machine.

This knowledge came pouring out as fiction and religion in the new world now called Earth, thought to not actually be real, and in the case of religion, worshipped.

Humanity however, has powerful imagination, even without the addition of Magic, and thus advanced brutally fast in technology.

However, the time they were held back gave the other older races enough time to advance much more themselves, this time, for military purposes.

They did however, send powerful warriors to Earth disguised as humans, to ensure the Machine was not disabled.

But even so, they knew.

A day would come when the machine would be disabled and the Outer World and the New Races/Old World restored...and the rest of the Universe, would be ready, just waiting for the signal of failure sent by the warriors.

---

The actual story:

Phase 1 -

A scientist discovers a machine hidden deep within the moon, connecting everyone on the planet for unknown purposes.

He devises a hack known as 'Reality Breaker', but is killed before he can use it to discover the Machine's purposes.

Fast forward 10 years, and a university tech student stumbles upon the hack, and in pure luck disconnects his own connection.

He unlocks all the memories within himself, and discovers Magic and has a very hazy memory of the apocalypse. At the same time, twin members of the Elf race are restored, a princess and a prince, one of them meant to be his lover someday(Yes, the prince as well. Makes it more fun >3>), and the other becoming a true friend. At the same time an old dwarven castle appears in Mount Himalayas, known only to these three people.

From here onwards, these three make their way all over the world and the dwarven castle, unlocking the pieces of the puzzle regarding the Machine and what the world actually was, disconnecting other humans along the way, and therefore restoring more and more of the world.

Phase 2 -

They gain the attention of the powerful alien warriors, who now begin to attempt to hunt them down, thought they fail.

While on the run from these monstrosities and going all over the world and the Outer World, finally everything is uncovered.

After one final showdown with these powerful warriors, the world is disconnected, and everything, restored.

The New World looks like an amalgalm of a cyberpunk world and the Old fantasy style world.

At the same time, the message for mobilizing the armies of the other races arrives, and now the races of the Old World have a limited amount of time to re-organize and come up with a plan to deal with this threat.

Phase 3 -

Simple enough plot here, various battles ensue all over the galaxy and Outer Earth, and the player gets the choice either to get a diplomatic peacful ending, or to take down every other race, cementing Magic as the powerful...power in the world.

There is also a secret ending, where the new races enable the older races to acheive the force of Magic, hence forever coexisting in peace.

EDIT:

THIS VERSION IS NOW PRACTICALLY OBSOLETE! Please read this instead!

I can probably come up with some concepts/help for concepts. However writing is out of the question since writing out my native language would be... difficult.

But I'll read all of those concepts when I'll have the time first.

Also, do you have a programmer?

I've always been a fan of the Visual Novels revolving around music - KiraKira being a huge favorite - and I've jotted down a few various stories that were used at short stories for various publications that revolve around music. But if you need a writer, or down the line a proofreader, please keep me in mind.

As for brainstorming ideas, reread the first sentence. "Love is friendship set to music," as the fortune cookies tell me. I have a few plot ideas, but nothing that when connected together would make a plausible story.

As a ghostwriter, I tend to take predetermined scripts and flesh them out :D.

Ahm Alrighty so I've had this idea in my head for a while for a visual novel eheh and I figure that I won't be able to do this by myself so i might as well put it out there. I omitted a lot of ideas so that people can input their own things.

Plot

There is a certain school that is famous for its "Seven Mysteries", the small inexplainable 'horror' stories that occurs in certain places of the school. Some mysterious accounts include the sound of approaching footsteps by the stairwell, a mysterious unnamed book that grants wishes whether it be good or bad, and the ghost of a little girl that haunts the (insert club room here). A certain honors student (the protagonist) transfers to the school, and is dragged in by the Paranormal Investigations Club President, a lovely (tsundere? sempai character?) who is driven to solve those mysteries and bring them to the truth once and for all for whatever reason. The protagonist agrees and goes on a bucnh of magical school adventures, unknowingly bringing himself closer and closer to something dark, and inexplainable.

The characters include the protagonist, the club president, a moe blob girl (who is the cause for the moving book of wishes mystery), (insert character here for you to add), and a loli ghost girl who doesn't know she's dead, the real inexplainable mystery of the school.

The six of the seven mysteries must be explainable so its something like a real mystery case. So the protagonst plays as the detective, and the player will be given choices and clues that draw him closer to the truth.

Some mysteries I was thinking of was like:

- There is a certain book in the library that has no name, no author and no real content. The book is famous for its power of granting the wishes of others. However, the result of the granted wish may not exactly be what the wisher expects. The cause of this mystery is a moe blob librarian girl that finds great trouble in talking to others, and through this mysterious book she can communicate to others. She is truly a pure hearted girl who wants to make others happy so she tries her best to grant the wishes of others, but sometimes she messes up and that's why some results of wishes aren't very good.

- In a certain stairwell in the middle of the night, you might hear footsteps behind you. If those footsteps sound close by, the ghost pursuing you is at the opposite end of the stairwell. If the footsteps sound far away, the ghost might just be right behind you. I don't have an explanation but like it sounds scary hehe.

- At a certain time in the year, a hanging noose appears in the store room. If you see the hanging noose in the storeroom, you must leave and never turn back. You might feel someone trying to tap your back as you escape but you must never turn back. Or..... idk i didn't think this far ahead. It just sounds scary hehe.

Ok that's just a few ideas so um yeah. I had a few sketches but I don't have them with me in this computer so yeah.

Thats pretty good Moon. I always love the horror/mystery genre. The only issue I have is it sounds familiar to me. Like Ive heard it before. (probably just me) Still very cool man. Im going to write something up now. Although ill need a few because im an old man and my thoughts tend to have a hard time coming out .

EDIT: Any preference to a particular genre?? Id like to go the mystery/suspense route so thats probably what ill come up with.

Hey everybody, thank you for the amazing contributions so far! The more the merrier! There's been some confusion about this topic, so I just wanted to spell this out as clearly as possible:

I'm going to produce a short VN and would love to have people join me in the project. A VN needs writers, artists, musicians and programmers. This thread is for creative people to contribute plot ideas which, in a day or two, will be looked at and mashed together in different combinations, until we get a fantastic plot idea. At that point, I'll select a handful of people to join me on the writing team. Once the storyline is nailed down and the literal game dialogue is being scripted, I'll commission the art, purchase the rights to the music, and start coding.

All of the above ideas are wonderful! It may end up that we use one as a base idea with modification, or we may divine a new plot from the creative processes of mashing them together.

Note: This is -- I hope -- the first of many VN creation groups on Fuwanovel. If your story idea isn't used, it doesn't mean that it wasn't good: I have to balance playtime, money, and other plans in my head. If you really love your story idea, make it!

EDIT: Re: Genres - Anything goes. : ) So long as the writing team is passionate, we'll be set.

EDIT 02:

I can probably come up with some concepts/help for concepts. However writing is out of the question since writing out my native language would be... difficult.

But I'll read all of those concepts when I'll have the time first.

Also, do you have a programmer?

I'm pretty handy when it comes to Ren'Py (the program I expect to use), but when it comes time to build the game, any help will be appreciated. If you have any thoughts/suggestions about the programming side, tho, I'm all ears.

Story:

Rin is a normal 1st year high school student. She is an orphan who has been raised by the local shrine. What she doesn't know is that her parents were murdered because they stole a powerful artifact that gives one the ability to summon and control demons. Unbeknownst to Rin is that her mother, when she was giving birth to Rin, transferred the artifact into a small worm that crawled inside Rins mouth when she cried for the first time giving her hidden powers that she doesnt know are there. Because the artifact is now a part of Rin forever, the people who her parents betrayed are coming for her.

If you guys like this premise, I have a lot more ideas for characters and story development. I wanted to stop here because i want your opinions before i put more time into this idea.

Ahm Alrighty so I've had this idea in my head for a while for a visual novel eheh and I figure that I won't be able to do this by myself so i might as well put it out there. I omitted a lot of ideas so that people can input their own things.

Plot

There is a certain school that is famous for its "Seven Mysteries", the small inexplainable 'horror' stories that occurs in certain places of the school. Some mysterious accounts include the sound of approaching footsteps by the stairwell, a mysterious unnamed book that grants wishes whether it be good or bad, and the ghost of a little girl that haunts the (insert club room here). A certain honors student (the protagonist) transfers to the school, and is dragged in by the Paranormal Investigations Club President, a lovely (tsundere? sempai character?) who is driven to solve those mysteries and bring them to the truth once and for all for whatever reason. The protagonist agrees and goes on a bucnh of magical school adventures, unknowingly bringing himself closer and closer to something dark, and inexplainable.

The characters include the protagonist, the club president, a moe blob girl (who is the cause for the moving book of wishes mystery), (insert character here for you to add), and a loli ghost girl who doesn't know she's dead, the real inexplainable mystery of the school.

The six of the seven mysteries must be explainable so its something like a real mystery case. So the protagonst plays as the detective, and the player will be given choices and clues that draw him closer to the truth.

- There is a certain book in the library that has no name, no author and no real content. The book is famous for its power of granting the wishes of others. However, the result of the granted wish may not exactly be what the wisher expects. The cause of this mystery is a moe blob librarian girl that finds great trouble in talking to others, and through this mysterious book she can communicate to others. She is truly a pure hearted girl who wants to make others happy so she tries her best to grant the wishes of others, but sometimes she messes up and that's why some results of wishes aren't very good.

- In a certain stairwell in the middle of the night, you might hear footsteps behind you. If those footsteps sound close by, the ghost pursuing you is at the opposite end of the stairwell. If the footsteps sound far away, the ghost might just be right behind you. I don't have an explanation but like it sounds scary hehe.

- At a certain time in the year, a hanging noose appears in the store room. If you see the hanging noose in the storeroom, you must leave and never turn back. You might feel someone trying to tap your back as you escape but you must never turn back. Or..... idk i didn't think this far ahead. It just sounds scary hehe.

Ok that's just a few ideas so um yeah. I had a few sketches but I don't have them with me in this computer so yeah.

Hey if we could mix this idea with my idea I talked about (Rin) that would be a great way to establish her character. By trying to solve the mysteries her and her friends could really find out that the organization hunting Rin for the Demon Controlling atrifact has been setting up said mysteries to test its/Rins abilities??

I think this would be pretty cool.

You guys have some really kickass ideas, I feel mine pales by comparison lol. mooingmage's is my favorite, though that's maybe because I love my mystery stories >3>;

I was wondering, should we maybe create one another thread? This thread would be used for positively criticizing(NOT BASHING~!) the ideas here, hence helping said writers improve upon them or add upon them as they wish!

I know it would help me at least >>;

You guys have some really kickass ideas, I feel mine pales by comparison lol. mooingmage's is my favorite, though that's maybe because I love my mystery stories >3>;

I was wondering, should we maybe create one another thread? This thread would be used for positively criticizing(NOT BASHING~!) the ideas here, hence helping said writers improve upon them or add upon them as they wish!

I know it would help me at least >>;

Like a plot development thread? Not just for this project, obviously, but for writing in general? That could be awesome! (though, for people in the US, you need to be careful about how much you put online, else you risk losing some copyright bonuses)

Like a plot development thread? Not just for this project, obviously, but for writing in general? That could be awesome! (though, for people in the US, you need to be careful about how much you put online, else you risk losing some copyright bonuses)

I was actually thinking it would be for this project as it goes along, thus allowing the community as a whole to input as readers, thus allowing, the writer(s?) to see what ticks with the audience, or as said in my post above, to improve/add upon the idea, but one for writing in general would be kickass as well!

At the moment, it would be used to comment/criticize current ideas here individually, and then the project itself as it grew.

Of course, we can't necessarily reveal the whole plot perhaps, so maybe certain people could be chosen for this, and be done in a specific forum?...I am kind of just typing whatever comes in my head here, same as above, I didn't start thinking it through until you replied @_@

Plot

My idea is replace the protagonist who is male with Rin. Because she is an orphan she joined the Paranormal Investigations Club to make friends. The club president senses that Rin is someone special (because of her situation). The ghost of the little girl is actually a friend of Rin's who has been with her since she was little. Yes she can see ghosts. So they set off to try and find out exactly who she is and why she became a ghost. And why she is so attached to Rin.

By having the mysteries set up by the bad guys hunting Rin for the artifact inside her, this is a great way to progress the story and build up the back story. i.e the who and why everything has happened to Rin (and the ghost loli)

These are great, if we could just fit in the bad guys hunting Rin (trying to kill all her friends with the Mysteries) I think this could be a great different story. Anyway, just an idea. If you wanna just move forward with Moons idea (which is wonderful) thats cool. I can help where you need. I just thought a merging of the 2 ideas would be pretty cool.

I was actually thinking it would be for this project as it goes along, thus allowing the community as a whole to input as readers, thus allowing, the writer(s?) to see what ticks with the audience, or as said in my post above, to improve/add upon the idea, but one for writing in general would be kickass as well!

At the moment, it would be used to comment/criticize current ideas here individually, and then the project itself as it grew.

Of course, we can't necessarily reveal the whole plot perhaps, so maybe certain people could be chosen for this, and be done in a specific forum?...I am kind of just typing whatever comes in my head here, same as above, I didn't start thinking it through until you replied @_@

Well, that's a good idea, too. My writing experience is still pretty minimal - I've published some poetry and short stories, and have taught a few community classes on creative writing - so I'm going on the advice of others here. From what I've heard, most writers suggest giving a writing team some room to come up with/mash together ideas (especially ideas they don't outright love). Then the writers, having come up with a basic outline, can go to a community for feedback.

Community-collaborative writing from start to finish is hard to do and takes a long time.

If we want to produce other VNs that way, I'm all for it! But for this one, I think I'm going to try the process described above: take good ideas and a team, get some space, and merge and melt until one plot comes together.

Criticism and thoughts welcome!