Tsukihime Remake? Is it going to happen?

Revyateil

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone looks younger and less adult...they got moe'd.

What are you even talking about? They're all highschoolers, except for Arc who's still supposed to look young anyway.

Arc had much less generic look in the original, she has one of the most memorable character designs of all time. What they made with her is... Well, this is Saber design all the way again and again.

Saber.Lily.full.945891.jpg

Exactly!

They moe blobbed everyone. Also, they're all highschoolers...what a joke.

Ciel isn't. Arc isn't. The maids aren't.   Remember, Kohaku & Hisui are older than Shiki & Ahika.   Everyone now looks even younger and "Cutsey" while before they had unique designs, they just got turned F/SN art style and lost their personality. 

Arc is the most heinous one though. She's this immortal princess. In the original, she has that maturity, she looks like an older woman, but still youthful despite her age. In this, she looks 18, fresh college girl.  Tsukihime is my favorite VN, so it's hard to ignore. The remake has excited me for years when it was first announced 7-8 years ago. 

I also don't understand the Saber Hype. I mean I love F/SN, read it three times, and just read RN. I've seen all the animes and movie adaptions. One of my favorite series as well. Saber is great, as are most of the cast, but for some reason people are like crazy about her when I see promotional material, despite the fact Rin is a much better heroine. I have no issues with Saber, she's great, but I don't understand her explosive popularity the last few years. When it originally came out, she was kinda downplayed as the least popular heroine, but it's changed over the years.

Edited by Mkilbride

I also don't understand the Saber Hype. I mean I love F/SN, read it three times, and just read RN. I've seen all the animes and movie adaptions. One of my favorite series as well. Saber is great, as are most of the cast, but for some reason people are like crazy about her when I see promotional material, despite the fact Rin is a much better heroine. I have no issues with Saber, she's great, but I don't understand her explosive popularity the last few years. When it originally came out, she was kinda downplayed as the least popular heroine, but it's changed over the years.

Frankly, I think Rin is a bad heroine. She's an awesome character but as a heroine she just fails. A heroine is a potential love interest for the main character and has a Route where she's the main focus and where you learn all about her secrets, past and motivation. 

Problem is, I don't like Shirou and Rin as a couple. They're great as bickering, teasing, fighting together, they have a great friendship but as a couple, they're just weird. And I think it's because Rin is a tsundere, so as soon as they start dating she stops tsun-ing and their relationship lost a lot.
And the main problem is we know everything about Rin in the first hour of the game. Her past, her motivation to honor her family, her secret life as a magus, the false honor student mask she wears, everything is revealed even before the story really starts. So there is almost no character development for her during UBW, plus the focus is really split on Archer/Shirou rather than her.

That's why I think Saber and Sakura are better heroines than Rin and since Sakura isn't really appreciated by the fanbase (I sincerely don't know why), the leaves Saber being the number one Heroine. Plus she got Fate Zero to boost her popularity.

I saw the new designs and I have mixed reactions. I like what they've done with Hisui, Akiha and Satsuki but Arcueid and Ciel look too young, they don't have that maturity air anymore, that "experienced woman trapped in a young body" feels. 

But if they got great voice acting, I think I can deal with it.

I wonder if Kara no Kyoukai will ever get a vn adaptation... They have lots of source material from the LNs and Movies to make it into a real awesome vn. It's another Type-Moon work that I really love to see due to how bad ass Ryougi Shiki is.

Edited by CeruleanGamer

I saw the new designs and I have mixed reactions. I like what they've done with Hisui, Akiha and Satsuki but Arcueid and Ciel look too young, they don't have that maturity air anymore, that "experienced woman trapped in a young body" feels. 

I'm just glad that Arcueid has some more practical leg-ware, it always drives me up a wall when Type-Moons' combat heavy heroines have long ass skirts.

I'm just glad that Arcueid has some more practical leg-ware, it always drives me up a wall when Type-Moons' combat heavy heroines have long ass skirts.

Let's forget all that and let her roll with this instead:

MVIBj0h.png

Now where the heck does she buy those boots? I could use one while trekking this harsh winter snow.  

Edited by CeruleanGamer