Tsukihime Remake? Is it going to happen?

Revyateil

I think its been 4(?) year since the announcement of Tsukihime remake, do you guys think that the remake is actually going to happen? I have not heard any news regarding whether it is still in development or whether they are still working on it.

I tried to read the original but I just can't read through it. It's probably because im already influenced by some of the modern visual novel with the voice acting and nice art and everything, so going through an old visual novel is pretty hard for me...

So, any thoughts about this?

I'm pretty sure years have been given in the past and they've missed them. Him saying it will be 2016 means little, other than they still haven't given up. 

Jokes aside, I'm sure it actually has a rather good chance of coming out next year. If it doesn't, then I don't expect it to come out at all. I also expect it to not have any h-scenes, that's just a personal prediction based on how Type Moon has handled the franchise. I know some people will be bothered by that if it happens.

Man, I really like the new art style of the remake though, it's so sad that the tsukihime anime is pretty bad.
I really wish that type-moon or nasu would at least give us some news or a hint or anything regarding this!
Well, other alternative for is to hope that ufotable would kindly animate Tsukime, I think they are already planning to animate F/HA if the sales for UBW is going well.

They need to come up with something new or risk running out of material for ufotable to milk animate soon enough. Given their track record I'd say we're more likely to see near side/far side anime adaptions of Tsukihime being completed than the VN remake being done.

Man, I really like the new art style of the remake though, it's so sad that the tsukihime anime is pretty bad.

I really wish that type-moon or nasu would at least give us some news or a hint or anything regarding this!

Well, other alternative for is to hope that ufotable would kindly animate Tsukime, I think they are already planning to animate F/HA if the sales for UBW is going well.

FHA is not really animation material, I'd say. I can't see it working out- I liked it, but it was pretty average. 

They need to come up with something new or risk running out of material for ufotable to milk animate soon enough. Given their track record I'd say we're more likely to see near side/far side anime adaptions of Tsukihime being completed than the VN remake being done.

I'd be pretty hyped about that, honestly. 

This is Nasu we are talking about, so maybe when we have grandchildren it will happen. I don't have doubts that it will happen, problem is when.

Wait for Half Life 3 to come out, wait at least 5 more years after that and maybe we will have it.

Okay, this is obliviously easy answer. It will come out in a few years prbly. When like a few years have passed. Let's wait a few more years again... Then repeat. So when this cycle has repeated a few times. Either they will have release it, or dropped it. ETA 2020

tl:dr

Eventually, yes. Quite possibly by 2020.

• 1 month later...

im so looking forward to this, id sell nasu a kidney if he finishes this soon. i 100%'ed the original and 

was so disappointing there wasn't a route for the vampire classmate. when i found out the remake gives her a route i actually shouted yatta! out loud at my desk.