Which Visual Novels Would You Like To See Get Translated?

Kimanor

Since Sekai Project is going crazy picking up titles everywhere and releasing them on steam and what not, I just had to ask this question of my fellow Visual Novel fans: What visual novel do you want to see officially translated (by any group)?

I'll go ahead and say my own feelings... What I want officially translated has to be G-senjou no Maou and Rewrite.

Rewrite seems like it could happen but as G-senjou is an eroge, it might take some time.

(I have no clue if this was done before, but who needs to be original these days anyways? ...apart from Ren. Keep it up.)

I want stuff that's not already fan-translated to get picked up. The more VNs the better.

More specifically, the two games I want the most translated are already being localized by Mangagamer (Cartagra and Kara no Shoujo 2), so they'll get my money no matter what.

I guess someone finally translating Mahouyo would be nice, too.

Well, even if G-senjou is an eroge, it might get officially translated, just probably not with the h-scenes, like Sekai is doing with Grisaia no Kajitsu.  I'm going to be very sad if they don't release a patch off of Steam with the 18+ translated content, though.  It's just not the same as an all-ages VN.

Hmm...I'd like to see an officially translated version of Fate/stay night for the PC.  I wouldn't even care if it was only all-ages, the h-scenes are pretty much a joke to F/sn fans anyway.  Nasu should only write sex-free VNs, he'd have an easier time making things serious.

Someone has to say it.

And that someone is me.

Majikoi

lololololol

Dat 15%

There have been similar threads on this forum, but as far as I know, none have focused on official localizations.

I rarely use Steam or Gamersgate. However, I know they are well regarded. As far as I can tell, any product released on these services would need to have at most an ESRB Mature rating. So I used the Visual Novel Database to look for games released in Japanese on Windows with the tag "No sexual content," and then organized the list according to users' votes. The VNs listed below do not have finished translations, and were included in the first two pages:

* The Windows versions of Sakura Wars 1 through 4, which were released as a Premium Edition in 2006.

* Either the fourth or fifth Princess Maker games, both of which were made in the last decade and should work on current computers. They were created by Gainax, which from what I've heard, is not an easy company to work with.

* Any of the Memories Off visual novels. They've tended to be only on consoles. However, a bunch of them were published as a box set on Windows in 2007.

* Ima Sugu Onii-chan ni Imouto da tte Iitai! A worksafe story that takes place before Love, Elections, and Chocolate.

* Asaki, Yumemishi. There were several otome games in the list. However, I remembered that this one got a rather positive review from Hinano's Game Babbles

I have positive and negative things to say about current visual novel localization companies. I'll be inclined to support Sekai Project as long as it does not have problems such as frequent delays, many spelling errors or inconsistencies, and gratuitous censorship.

I have positive and negative things to say about current visual novel localization companies. I'll be inclined to support Sekai Project as long as it does not have problems such as frequent delays, many spelling errors or inconsistencies, and gratuitous censorship.

What, you mean as long as they translate better than they make original VNs?  *coughcoughSakuraSpiritcoughcough*

Joking about how crappy Sakura Spirit is aside, I do have faith that they'll at least do a decent job.  I'm really hoping that they profit off it Clannad, Kajitsu, and Planetarian, since it'll definitely encourage Sekai and other companies to start translating other great VNs.  As long as they work with the fan translators that made the fan patches (I know koestl will be helping them with Kajitsu), I don't see how they can screw up.

Rewrite would be a valid option for a number of reasons. Key has already agreed on both Planetarian and Clannad, so I wouldn't be surprised with another popular title. And, as you mentioned, no H-scenes. Most importantly, though, is the fact that the translation is optimal; Amaterasu is probably the most professional unofficial translation group. Not having to redo everything, as they will for Clannad, would save a lot of time and money, I'm sure.

Since Sekai Project is going crazy picking up titles everywhere and releasing them on steam and what not, I just had to ask this question of my fellow Visual Novel fans: What visual novel do you want to see officially translated (by any group)?

I'll go ahead and say my own feelings... What I want officially translated has to be G-senjou no Maou and Rewrite.

Rewrite seems like it could happen but as G-senjou is an eroge, it might take some time.

(I have no clue if this was done before, but who needs to be original these days anyways? ...apart from Ren. Keep it up.)

lol how about stuff that is not fan translated for once? ... Because they're just taking the easy way out to make quick money ...

How about HoshiOre or Hatsukoi 1/1? Let me know when they pick up a real untranslated VN that has a real feel to exotic features - like sound, graphics, poses, characters, art, etc.

Doubt they'll ever do that.

Oh yeah certainly. Or maybe they'll taunt us a little more by going up to 16%. You know... so there's some hope that they can crush...

Valve should pay you to come up with April Fools jokes for Steam.  You're straight up diabolical, man.

Rewrite would be a valid option for a number of reasons. Key has already agreed on both Planetarian and Clannad, so I wouldn't be surprised with another popular title. And, as you mentioned, no H-scenes. Most importantly, though, is the fact that the translation is optimal; Amaterasu is probably the most professional unofficial translation group. Not having to redo everything, as they will for Clannad, would save a lot of time and money, I'm sure.

Would Sekai have to ask the fan translator's permission before using their work, or at least credit them for it?  I mean, I know that fan TL groups don't legally own the rights to anything, but Sekai acting like they did the work would piss some people off.

1. The Rewrite translation is not optimal, Ixrec has a tendency to make translation errors at times. Certainly not enough to bother English readers any (and this is secondhand as I don't know Japanese myself), but keep it in mind. Probably the closest to actually optimal you can get is Grisaia :P

2. I'd like Aiyoku no Eustia if possible.

lol how about stuff that is not fan translated for once? ... Because they're just taking the easy way out to make quick money ...

How about HoshiOre or Hatsukoi 1/1? Let me know when they pick up a real untranslated VN that has a real feel to exotic features - like sound, graphics, poses, characters, art, etc.

Doubt they'll ever do that.

It would certainly be nice yes, but right now the VN market for anywhere-but-Japan-the-motherland has just started... When I say it has just started, I am of course talking about steam releases and such. Releasing an eroge on JAST USA isn't what I would want to kickstart the market here... In that sense publishers like Favorite are looking to see whether VN's like Clannad or Planetarian do well or not. 

Though I would still love to have a VN like Irotoridori no Sekai officially translated (though odds are the official TL group will disappear as well...).

Still, if VN's do well enough here, then VN's like HoshiORE might just be translated officially.

while i'm just here waiting for more of the Grisaia series. If they give us Grisaia no Meikyuu people will sacrifice lunch just to buy it.  Top Ramen every night like a boss :mellow:

Just lunch? From what I can see, people would give up a lot more for it... (last night's dinner maybe? <(-.-<))

Just lunch? From what I can see, people would give up a lot more for it... (last night's dinner maybe? <(-.-<))

True, that series is probably one of the top 5 hottest VNs around right now and it deserves every bit of it.  :ph34r:  unlike that one "ahem" failure