Will you read a VN without voice acting? Does it bother you?

Mugi

How voice acting affects ones desire to play a VN  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Will you read a VN without voice acting?

• Yes, it doesn't bother me
    • No, I need dem voices
    • Of course, I hate voice acting

This poll is closed to new votes

Voices are awesomeeee. They make the dialoges a lot more lively. Changes in pinch and deepness of voices can make a lot of mood. Just like a good BGM.

BGMs can do the same though, so that's the main point you don't "have" to have them for me. Voices are great to have though.

the idea itself bothers me, and i strongly prefer it to have voice acting, but when I played  katawa, which was my first vn I completely forgot about it, it's nice to have a reference point and have a general notion of the characters voice but when i play a vn with voice acting i don't usually listen til the end of the sentence anyways i just skip to the next, but maybe that's because i lack the creativity  to imagine an appropriate voice for a character, or i don't like to assume how a character would sound and in stead just have the game do that for me

also i don't speak Japanese so that's a thing to consider to

I feel like not having voices limits what I can imagine the characters' voices to what I can imagine. Compared to voices, where sometimes I can "feel" like the voice acting made help bring out that character or made them them. I can also react directly to the voice, rather than only react to the content, circumstances, and surrounding description of what is being said.

Probably the weakness of voices is when it removes possibilities that are useful, that is, the voice of a character would be better off left to the imagination, or the author wants to make the character's voice be propelled more through the text then the audio.