HEX TCG

ChrisPZT

The deck sizes in this game are absurd. 60 cards is way too much, a 30 card deck would be much more reasonable. 

It's inspired by Magic the Gathering which uses 60 card decks. I'm more used to 40 being the standard number from playing Yugioh for a long time but I eventually adjusted to 60, about 1/3 of the cards in the deck are just resources (aka shards in this game) anyway.

The problem with 60 size decks is that it increases the RNG factor by a lot, and you need a lot more resources to make a decent deck.  The game seems to be balanced pretty decently, although some of the NPCs are just completely RNG. 

Also really hard to get anywhere without paying some money to at least get started. Not enough free content yet other than grinding the ice whatever thing which is pretty hard with the shitty starter decks. 

I have to agree with the grinding, I have a somewhat playable Shin'Hare deck but to be honest they don't really need any super pricey cards.

That's why I am waiting eagerly for the main PVE content to be released, repeating the ice arena gets boring after a while.

I also hope they give more uses for gold, relying on the auction to get cards takes too long and if the uses for gold are limited everyone will have lots of it, causing auction prices to increase.

The creators of the game are going for their cards actually having a real economy kind of thing. Gold is used pretty quickly on rolling the chest things from booster packs at the moment, and it takes a long time to accumulate gold. There also isn't a large free player base, so the value of gold is actually the highest it will likely ever be at this moment (unless people stop playing). 

As new content is released that gives gold, gold will become easier to get, and less valued. (Unless there are introduced ways to turn gold straight in to actually useful cards)

I played this back when closed beta first started, and ended up getting all the cards in the first two sets for free basically. What happened back then was everyone would play draft to get the cards. Issue: Draft back then was so full of bugs that each time you encountered and reported a bug, you could send a support ticket and get a free draft. Note: you could report the same bug over and over so long the bug was encountered in a new draft. At some point, everyone had about 5 support tickets being processed at one time anytime XD