Personal Blog ticker for signature

Looks like you're envisioning something more complex than I had in mind.

Let's see, maybe make the image optional?  I think it's important not to introduce too much clutter, especially vertical clutter.  Blog title, date, and post title seem like good info.  Snippet is hard to judge without seeing examples.  I think the /index.php?/topic/9085-mangagamers-message-to-fan-translators/?p=246539">Steam tag is a bit bloated, IMO.

They are, and I wouldn't go for much more. There's no real way to produce dynamic, includable snippets for other forums without using an image.

Almost everything that is embeddable and dynamic is by its very nature dangerous and consequently blocked, apart from images.

Actually, now that I think about it, we really should keep this as simple as possible.  Users can hack their own non-dynamic content into the signature.  This ticker just needs to include the dynamic content.  So avatar isn't needed.  Neither is the blog title.  All that's needed is the post title, a generated hyperlink, date (optional), and snippet (optional).

The simpler we keep it the more customizable it'll be.  Also we need to minimize the burden on your servers too.

• 2 weeks later...

The number of views would be another cool piece of dynamic information.  I have a mock-up of what the final product might look like in my signature (ignore the static info like the blog name and "Now featuring").  It should all fit on a single line.  Number of views could be after the date: (3/31/15, X views)

• 4 weeks later...