Lilium x Triangle Translation Project

Nosebleed

I was personally able save + load to work despite moving it from the directory it was installed in by changing the path (checked just now).

EDIT: I was able to run it without any install.ini file at all, it seems to default to looking inside the directory it's in. However, when I did have a proper Install.ini file and changed the directory to something that did not exist, I could no longer load my saves.

EDIT2: This is actually a cool "feature" since it can make saves anywhere you wish, however, it can't create the directory itself, you have to do that manually. Thus I was able to save in H:\nyan after creating that folder because I felt like it, and all was Good.

EDIT3, because I can: I was able to run the vn despite having deleted the two registry entries at Software\Pajamas\LILIUMTRIANGLE. Not sure if they're used for anything special, potentially uninstalling / file checking and whatever the installer lets you do.

It's come to my attention that this save issue is likely related to prepatched downloads (not going to name sites but you know what I'm talking about).

I shouldn't need to say this but don't get prepatched games if you want to avoid more issues than you need to.

I really don't want to handle issues related to prepatched releases since they aren't related to the patch itself.

The save issue is related to the install.ini file that Zaka pointed out so you can fix your .ini file or delete it if you want to get it fixed.

Alternatively, just install the game properly and patch it afterwards.

Hopefully that clears that.

Okay, if you don't actually install the game to your computer, and instead just drag and drop the files from the ISO, you are missing a folder that the game needs.

Go to your game folder, and create a new folder (in the same location as the .exe) called "save" (no quotations).  You will now be able to save.

The game can't make the folder, for some odd reason.

Enjoy the game!  I'm going to yell at people and get that version fixed.

I even made a patch that'll prevent that issue from occurring.  It also has the readme as a .txt file, since we don't need no formatting in this world!

Have a patch.  It's shiny and stuff.  And you can save with it.  Like at your favorite parts.  And there are a lot of save slots, because there are a lot of favorite parts.  And stuff.

Just a small FYI since you may or may not be able to fix it (probably not I guess because that's literary a part of fantranslations): Windows 10 itself (not my AVG which also likes to throw false positives for VNs) gave me a warning when I tried executing the LILIUM-eng.exe for the first time, I'm glad that (in contrary to Google Chrome, which did not allow me to download the patch for a recent release, MajiKoi S from the very source, not a third party, at all,) I could still choose to execute it regardless. Obviously it may still scare some (newcomers, whether now mentioning it in the notes at least would scare or make them suspicious more, I can't really tell) but in any event:

Thank you very much!

Just a small FYI since you may or may not be able to fix it (probably not I guess because that's literary a part of fantranslations): Windows 10 itself (not my AVG which also likes to throw false positives for VNs) gave me a warning when I tried executing the LILIUM-eng.exe for the first time, I'm glad that (in contrary to Google Chrome, which did not allow me to download the patch for a recent release, MajiKoi S from the very source, not a third party, at all,) I could still choose to execute it regardless. Obviously it may still scare some (newcomers, whether now mentioning it in the notes at least would scare or make them suspicious more, I can't really tell) but in any event:

Thank you very much!

Windows 10 didn't give a rat's arse about my executable, so I'd say it's not Windows 10, but likely some sort of anti-virus, as per usual.

So I followed the instructions on the text file that was included with the patch but when I try to run the game using the english exe file like it says I get an error box stating that it could not read system files and the game doesn't start. It runs fine when I use the other exe file but then the game is all in Japanese so that doesn't really help me much. Can anyone help me out here?

So I followed the instructions on the text file that was included with the patch but when I try to run the game using the english exe file like it says I get an error box stating that it could not read system files and the game doesn't start. It runs fine when I use the other exe file but then the game is all in Japanese so that doesn't really help me much. Can anyone help me out here?

Redownload the game, reapply the patch by dragging/dropping everything in the folder into the game folder, run the game.

If it can't find system files, it should specific which file is missing.  My guess is that something got deleted, and getting a fresh copy would be the easiest way to fix that.

Redownload the game, reapply the patch by dragging/dropping everything in the folder into the game folder, run the game.

If it can't find system files, it should specific which file is missing.  My guess is that something got deleted, and getting a fresh copy would be the easiest way to fix that.

I tried doing this but the exact same problem happened again. I'm including a picture with this post that shows all the files in my Lilium game folder as well as the error box on the right that appears whenever I try to launch the eng exe file. Once again the original exe works fine so I can't see how I'm missing any game files when the game is running properly in the original Japanese. I just can't get the patch to work for some reason. If you notice something amiss in my game folder or if seeing the error message gives you any ideas please let me know.

Lilium_Error.jpg

It could be a different edition or update that you're running.

The exe sizes should match (908KB versus 784KB), and two timestamps on the files are different from what I have.

Can you post your copy of archive.dat somewhere? I'm guessing that it might give some clues to this problem.

It could be a different edition or update that you're running.

The exe sizes should match (908KB versus 784KB), and two timestamps on the files are different from what I have.

Can you post your copy of archive.dat somewhere? I'm guessing that it might give some clues to this problem.

Not sure how to attach files like that to a forum post but I can tell you exactly where I got my copy of the game and patch if that helps. Both were obtained from page one of this very forum topic. Clicking the big bold Full Patch Release words below the picture directed me to a file on MediaFire and I used the dmm store link below that to purchase the game. Where did you get yours? Is there another version of the patch/game somewhere else I should be using?