Majikoi S Translation Project Discussion

But what if it doesn't? Then what do you do?

Because I see roughly three options, and one of them is rather terrifying.

I'd say two of the options are pretty bad. One scenario you may be killed and in the other you may be forced into slave labour... 

Can you tell me the progress had reached % ?

There's a separate update thread linked from the first page that tells you what routes are translated, and which are edited.  If you're asking for a percentage of total translation, it's a bit hard to gauge.  There's a couple different metrics, such as file count and line count, but they are in the final stretch of translating, to be sure.  Granted, Koyuki's route is basically a main route so it'll take longer than some of the other "routes," but still.

YO looks like you guys almost are finished so question, is the patch gonna include all routes or will the wairu patch be a separate download along with this one.

Also are you planning on translating A-3? Need more Tsubame in my life :P

YO looks like you guys almost are finished so question, is the patch gonna include all routes or will the wairu patch be a separate download along with this one.

Also are you planning on translating A-3? Need more Tsubame in my life :P

I think it'll be a full patch with the uncensor optional, like the patch for the original Majikoi game.  There are no plans to translate any of the A series besides A-1 at this point, but the purpose of creating Skyspear Translations was to, ideally, bring together a group that would translate the remaining fandiscs.

Are you guys having problems with A-1 or are you planning to release big update in future? We haven't seen progress in A-1 for a while after it hit 54 and you even got translator for Azumi, so i'm little curious. Oh and is A-1 also getting uncen patch?

Sorry if these we only stupid questions.

Are you guys having problems with A-1 or are you planning to release big update in future? We haven't seen progress in A-1 for a while after it hit 54 and you even got translator for Azumi, so i'm little curious. Oh and is A-1 also getting uncen patch?

Sorry if these we only stupid questions.

Not all translators can have a free schedule, take that into consideration. Also a lot hasn't been updated yet, so just wait a little longer. For the A-1 uncensored patch has not been decided yet, so it might not get one at all.

Not all translators can have a free schedule, take that into consideration. Also a lot hasn't been updated yet, so just wait a little longer. For the A-1 uncensored patch has not been decided yet, so it might not get one at all.

Yeah, they mentioned that 2on suddenly got busy and wasn't able to work very much on the project.  Their twitter seems to be pretty active, actually, so if you want to make sure things are still progressing that's probably a good place to check.

I wish u guys the best of luck since i just picked this game up recently and i really want to finish it. My fav chars are Kazuko and Tsubame so i really want to play through the original heroines. I really liked their stories so i look forward to what u guys are doing and i cant hold my excitement for the completion.( I cant believe i made an account just for this but it shows im excited!)

The last game was stuck on 85% of Miyako for years.

I though it was 80%, but yeah....That was nice waiting game :D 

I only waited for around 1y so it wasn't so bad, but 2 years for 15% -_- The reason why no1 picked it up is complete mystery for me.

I only waited for around 1y so it wasn't so bad, but 2 years for 15% -_- The reason why no1 picked it up is complete mystery for me.

Too much varied interest, too many options, the inevitable progression of time, etc.

They decided noone should ever see this side of Miyako, so the translation was put on the secret storage together with lost ark.

Raiders-of-the-Lost-Ark.gif

But nonetheless i was glad we still got our translation, and thx again to you guys for doing it for us ^^

Everyone is waiting so eagerly. It is good to see community so behind this.

Majikoi just has this incredible charm to it which makes it so memorable. Usually when i read or watch something i will quickly move on to something else but with majikoi i have been waiting for translations for years.

I think its very reasonable for so many people are waiting so eagerly.

I believe Majikoi is more interesting than most other VNs out there for the themes it deals with. That is, sex. I know it's an eroge and not a serious VN with a deep message. But heck, I love the humor in Majikoi. It knows how to mix sex with humor in just the right way, while still keeping a somewhat serious story and characters you care for. 

You don't get a shit ton of drama with deep romance (often unrealistic, cause that's not what teenagers do), and you don't get a shit ton of sex with no true character development (like many, many, MANY +18 VNs). It's just the right amount of each.

I tried Little Busters a while ago, which has a similar setting and perhaps even a direct parallel in most characters. And while by no means it's bad, it lacks charm.

To me, Majikoi's charm is in the entire cast, even the minor characters. In most VN, all we see is a protagonist and a bunch of chicks that he'll do or not. In Majikoi, however, the hero is not a single guy, it's an entire group, and even the minor characters have an important role in some point.