Majikoi S Translation Project Discussion

*meekly enters conversation with matzukaze*

I myself don't mind if some words are tweaked to become more funny. Actually, in the original Majikoi game the version I played had some grammatical and format errors. (Which kinda sucked). Topic aside, out of all the heroines in Majikoi I do hate Miyako with a passion. LOL.  <_<  <_<  <_<

Matsukaze.jpg

*meekly enters conversation with matzukaze*

I myself don't mind if some words are tweaked to become more funny. Actually, in the original Majikoi game the version I played had some grammatical and format errors. (Which kinda sucked). Topic aside, out of all the heroines in Majikoi I do hate Miyako with a passion. LOL.  <_<  <_<  <_<

Why? Aside from her route she is pretty cool, smart and funny (i like that 10pts sig and a running gag when you accidently pick Miyako in dialoges during other routes: "Majikoi over! Miyako wins!!")

And if we consider her route...well...sigh...lets just pretend that never happened...

Why? Aside from her route she is pretty cool, smart and funny (i like that 10pts sig and a running gag when you accidently pick Miyako in dialoges during other routes: "Majikoi over! Miyako wins!!")

And if we consider her route...well...sigh...lets just pretend that never happened...

Yeah, i agree she is underwhelming in her route. Kinda makes sense if you consider her main personality being a unrequited love character. Once that is lost, she seems to have lost her best defining trait.

I always felt a tiny bit sad when in the end text of other routes it always said that miyako still loves yamato 10 something years later. That's why i was so eager to finally play the route and oh boy do i sadly agree with you 2 :( . But the gag endings are always great. I was totally caught on the timed pop up where the correct answer was not to press anything. Its a nice touch.

Well at least the ending was filled with vanilla 

Miyako being pregnant and all

but yeah....her route was utter idontevenknow -_-

I was really looking forward to her route because i loved her in the anime, but then they throw that sht to our faces.

Also i just maid this account solely for this thread because i just fcking LOVE'd the original game and i'm really looking forward to this one, so thanks for your good work so far and good luck in the future :)

I was really looking forward to her route because i loved her in the anime, but then they throw that sht to our faces.

Also i just maid this account solely for this thread because i just fcking LOVE'd the original game and i'm really looking forward to this one, so thanks for your good work so far and good luck in the future :)

Welcome ... i guess?  :D

i mean it was not this bad but ...

yeah you guys are probably right 

b2t: i personally cant wait to read the Koyuki route

i was really depressed about not having a route for her in the first game  :unsure:

Ok and done.

Also i have little question (this may have been asked already, but i cant remember the answer) but do you guys working on this have any idea that how long this project will take?

As said earlier, we will get only 1 patch (the 100% one) so if possible, i would like to get even a rough answer.

Also i have little question (this may have been asked already, but i cant remember the answer) but do you guys working on this have any idea that how long this project will take?

As said earlier, we will get only 1 patch (the 100% one) so if possible, i would like to get even a rough answer.

When it's done?  If there's an estimate as to when it'll be done, you'll know.  There's still a decent amount of routes to translate, even if they aren't that long, so I don't think it's really possible to predict when they'll be done at this point.

seems someone else is translating the rest of a1 and intends on translating the other fan discs as well which is excellent since now both s and a will be done as soon as possible  :D

Yeah we are translating A-1 and the rest of the A series 

Actually spearhead has started the translation.

How could you forget the name so easily?  :amane:

Me too dude. I have been waiting for this moment since the end of 2013 :). Also the anime was pretty idontevenknow too

Yeah we are translating A-1 and the rest of the A series 

That is music to my ears

Good news everyone~

Maji Translations has been consolidated to Skyspear (Cry, I'm looking at you) 

Neither team will have any of it's members or work flows changed, but the credit on VNDB and the header on the website that I'm having built for Majikoi S will both have the Skyspear Translations name.

I would like to thank the entire community for all the continuing support for both projects. We hope to continue to bring you quality fan translations for a long time to come

Just to be clear, the teams will remain completely dedicated to their respective projects. This merger was done to consolidate the series into one overall group, and various other reasons(crying and dowolf were already part of both teams, for example). I will continue to post updates as we have them for S, as I'm sure Heizei will do for A-1.

On that note, proper editing of Momoyo has begun. Fixes to wairu's TL were lost amid a mental breakdown, so will have to redo those. Wanko's editing was delayed due to complications, and will resume after Momoyo.

And finally, anyone interested in being a QC, please contact me. Write 2-3 paragraphs in as flawless of English as you can explaining what makes a good QC and why it isn't "early access" as so many think. Anyone who sends "i can qc" or something similar will be ridiculed. Include the word "zippy" in there somewhere, so I know you actually read this post.

I like that part about her too tbh, her eyes are so cool. But in the long run, well, she's kinda irritating for being so clingy and cock-blocking Yamato sometimes. (Especially Tatsuko Ikagami on the Agave route.)

I myself wanted to stop midway in her route. But for the sake of the completion, I finished it lol.

b2t: i personally cant wait to read the Koyuki route

i was really depressed about not having a route for her in the first game   :unsure:

Same here. Though I got mind blown with the revelation of her past in the Agave route. Damn you Yamato. You missed a big fish!

Same here. Though I got mind blown with the revelation of her past in the Agave route. Damn you Yamato. You missed a big fish!

I thought that was a good touch, lmao, because God knows I've done some bullshit because I thought I was hot shit or I thought I knew all the answers

To that one guy that is looking forward to Haou. Its not all that great. Its good but not great. Haou is awesome but Seiso just kills the mood, for me at least.

Guys. Miyako was not that bad. I mean, it is light years behind Momo but it was not bad. I did get a bit of UBW deja vu though. She was at her worst in her own route. Its weird.

Koyuki is pretty awesome. I stalled just when I unlocked her route. I did the prelude but have not gone into the route itself. The prelude was meh though.

Try Changing Wanko to Lassie and I WILL shank you. I can find you. Trust me on this. But seriously, I dont think you should change the nicknames. There is no possible way to make it make sense and still sound good in english. If you write a completely different joke then whats the point of a TL?

Glad to see the TL lives one still.

Try Changing Wanko to Lassie and I WILL shank you. I can find you. Trust me on this. But seriously, I dont think you should change the nicknames. There is no possible way to make it make sense and still sound good in english. If you write a completely different joke then whats the point of a TL?

You could theorize that rewriting the entire joke is MORE faithful to the original work than a direct translation if the direct translation is impossible to make humorous. As what's important to the reader in cases like these isn't word-for-word what is said, but the general meaning and feeling the original author is trying to convey.

But lassie is a total no-go, sorry Dowolf.