Majikoi S Translation Project Discussion

i have a question. i just installed majikoi A-1 and A-2. after that i wanted to play majikoi S but it gave me this error message. if i click nein (no in english) the game starts. but i still wonder what causes that or why. clicking on yes gives me a weird... I'd say patch notes list about A-1 and A-2. I wonder what i did wrong while installing the other 2 games ._.

i hope the pictures work...first time XD

E5aUQU6.png

IVHM8sN.png

It's not an error, it's a message saying the installer found compatible setting files from other games and it asks you if you want to use them. And the list displayed is the list of the setting files it found (so those of Majikoi A1 and A2).

I'm not sure what kind of setting will be imported (probably just the option menu settings?) but in any case it's not anything very important.

Awesome, now I just need to arse myself into finishing miyako's and the hidden route from the original game...  .__.

Also, I've been meaning to ask but are skilled programmers of any use to you translation teams?

Like, is there any role that a programmer normally occupies?

I'm new to this whole VN thing but if there's anything I could help with I would love to be of use somehow, either to you or to some other team.

(PS: I've worked freelance making cheats (aimbots, wallhacks, etc) for popular online games so I have plenty experience with reverse engineering and patching/cracking should that be of any use)

It's not an error, it's a message saying the installer found compatible setting files from other games and it asks you if you want to use them. And the list displayed is the list of the setting files it found (so those of Majikoi A1 and A2).

I'm not sure what kind of setting will be imported (probably just the option menu settings?) but in any case it's not anything very important.

yea ok thanks. but this message always shows up. thats kinda...annoying. :/

ahhh i need my majikoi fix... i'm suffering trauma from Muv-Love Alternative, and Cross+Channel ahh and only Wanko, Tatsuko, and Koyuki's antics can dispel it i fear.

heheheh ahhh no other heroine to date has made me smile like those 3. ahhh Tatsuko... heh i can't wait to see Momo and the others' reaction when they find out about the relationship between Yamato and the sisters heheheh. thats gonna be a riot... hmm probably gonna see Miyako's scary eyes again, second scariest angry eyes ever... the first being Moro's seriously that demented.... insane look he gets like when Gakuto is hurt... oh gods that's... i think Moro's scarier than Momo when he gets into the right mood.

I was wondering if it might be something you guys would at least consider, to offer partial patches as you progress through the routes, as has been the case for some of the previous routes. At least this way we could partially tide ourselves over.

The other thing I'm wondering is, what exactly is involved in QC? I teach college Freshman writing, so if its basic editting stuff, I think I would be qualified to do it if you need extra hands. But as far as coding or anything technical, I'm totally hopeless.

No partial patches unless we make a group decition.

For our QC we do both debugging and correcting at the same time, this is something we all do and we thank you for your offer but we don't need any extra help at this point in time.

So for all those that keep asking these questions, here is the answer.

If we do need help well post an update, till then we don't want any more questions of this.

Well said from the team spokeperson :P since it's a known fact that they're doing the job just fine, all us peasant need to do is to just wait for them to finish it like they said ^_^

.... meanwhile I have few side-quests need to be attend to in real world  <_<  so excuse me....

No partial patches unless we make a group decition.

For our QC we do both debugging and correcting at the same time, this is something we all do and we thank you for your offer but we don't need any extra help at this point in time.

So for all those that keep asking these questions, here is the answer.

If we do need help well post an update, till then we don't want any more questions of this.

you guys seriously have some loose screws to be tackling this after completing majikoi.  Then again, i suppose we all have screws loose for getting seriously attached to the pc equivalent of give-yourself-goosebumps books, usually written with sappy chick-flick romance, corny dudebro comedy, this isn't even my final form action sequences, and drawn CGs of pretty 2d girls with unrealistic proportions and personalities getting their holes rammed while moaning in cutesy moon speak.   Anyways, muchos gracias, good luck and don't burn yourselves out.