Majikoi S Translation Project Discussion

They're working on it as we speak. It is picked up, hence there being a translation discussion page...somewhere in this forum...

However, there is no completion eta so it would be good if you just start from A-5 and work backwards. By the time you're done, A-1 should be finished! (maybe even Seiso's route in A-2! *crosses fingers)

Backing up everything then uninstalling and reinstalling after witch running a clean game past the point where it crashed, saving and copying the save slot into the old backed up directory and loading that after restoring everything seemed to have worked. No idea what file was corrupted though.

They're working on it as we speak. It is picked up, hence there being a translation discussion page...somewhere in this forum...

However, there is no completion eta so it would be good if you just start from A-5 and work backwards. By the time you're done, A-1 should be finished! (maybe even Seiso's route in A-2! *crosses fingers)

/topic/11363-majikoi-a-1-translation-project-discussion/">http://forums.fuwanovel.net/topic/11363-majikoi-a-1-translation-project-discussion/

there you go.

Also, rewatching the anime, kinda ticks me off they subtitled it as Military talent instead of martial arts...I mean, seriously, it's obvious Young Momoyo was talking about her martial art skills...military talent is more akin to Margit... Idk, it just bugs the hell out of me, like translating Katana to "samurai Sword"

They dont get paid for it so they call the shots how much they want to translate and how often they want to do it on their free time. Translation is a lot of work. Also they dont take commissions or bribes.

A1-A5 is slightly bigger project to do than Majikoi and Majikoi S combined so I would assume it would take about as much time + a couple months if we compare it side by side in terms of translation length.

So? 

All I said was "I didn't know they'd even started yet, I didn't see an announcement" 

You don't need to start preaching about how much time or effort it takes to translate something. (or the fact that fan-translators do it as a hobby) I'm quite aware.

I could have sworn I mentioned it in this thread somewhere, but it's possible I didn't. Sorry about that.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

i'm sorry if this sound dumb but can you give me a manual patch because when i use the patch.exe  i'm pronted to choose the folder so i go to the majikoi s folder but i still can't press the next button to start the instalation i don't know why this happen .

if you can't provide the manual patch then plz shed some light over my problem

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/9/2016 at 7:59 AM, exodia45 said:

i'm sorry if this sound dumb but can you give me a manual patch because when i use the patch.exe  i'm pronted to choose the folder so i go to the majikoi s folder but i still can't press the next button to start the instalation i don't know why this happen .

if you can't provide the manual patch then plz shed some light over my problem

Sorry, I don't really check this thread very often anymore. Please see the website(sift through the comments, we never did make a proper post for it); or PM me or Kardomol about a manual patch.

• 6 months later...

Ok. Not really about the translation, but this is the biggest group of Majikoi S players I know of, so maybe someone can help me.

I had the game installed properly before the translation even came now, but I only played a little bit. Now i've finally gotten around to it, the game mysteriously stopped working.

When I try to run the game I get this error message. 

"A Debugger has been found running in your system. Please, unload it from memory and restart your program." 

At-first I thought it was complaining about cheat-engine (that I had running for something else) but I closed that and it didn't change. Even rebooting my pc didn't do anything. 

I've googled the error message, and got  a few pings relating to Majikoi S, (and a bunch to blade&soul) but no answers. Does anyone know what sort of program it could be reacting to, or how to just force the game to start regardless? 

Edit: Cracked it myself mere moments after posting (as you always do.)

I'll leave the post (and solution) here for posterity's sake. Maybe someone will google the same issue and this post will help them. 

Anyway, Solution. 

It's AVG that's the culprit.  adding the game as an exception doesn't do anything, you've got to actually disable AVG, boot the game, then enable your virus protection again. As far as I can tell, it's not the anti-virus reacting to the game, but the game reacting to the anti-virus and just refusing to boot (anti-cheat measure?) 

I could be totally wrong though. Either way, Majokoi S and AVG don't like each-other. Majikoi 1 and all the A's seem perfectly fine though. 

• 2 years later...
22 hours ago, MFrost said:

It's been 3 years since the last post here, and the translators site is...well, what it is.

I'm more concerned with Majjikoi A-3 thru A-5

You could check out the Discord, might be more updated. But yeah, things happen, other things take time and sometimes life calls, et cetera.

Personally, I've tried my luck with my very limited JP and ITH + TA with MeCab. Makes it tough to read, but still funny. And I suspect Lee's route would be hell to TL, due to the great amount of JP puns.

Well it's been half a year since the last time I saw the update, and may as well just pass on this (At least until they give some significant update). As for the reason, I can speculate more but I guess the most logical one would be that the translator themselves is pretty busy so they may didn't have enough time to work on this. Personally I'll skip A-3 to A-5 anyway, seeing that it's fandisc and all (Other than S).

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...