Majikoi S Translation Project Discussion

I'm running the game through HP Apploc, installation and everything went fine. However I have a slight problem with the text, which I'm sure is on my end as I've seen it in other translated games. There is a "u" and "v" at the start/end of text. I'm guessing those are supposed to be the brackets, but I don't have them. How do I fix this?

Thank you for solving my doubt. You guys take all the time you need. After all, what you did is huge. It was big enough to finally have the first game totally translated, I never expected the same for S, even less this quick.

I'm running the game through HP Apploc, installation and everything went fine. However I have a slight problem with the text, which I'm sure is on my end as I've seen it in other translated games. There is a "u" and "v" at the start/end of text. I'm guessing those are supposed to be the brackets, but I don't have them. How do I fix this?

Actually been lurking for a very long and just now made an account. I'd like to thank everyone that had a hand in working on this project. Thank you so very much! You all are gods!

Ā 

I have a problem with installation though. I'm having the same problem Jamie and TheLetterM are having where I can't click next after choosing what folder install in. My system locale is in Japanese, the folder is Japanese, I tried changing .exe to "ć¾ć˜ć“ć„ļ¼S" and nothing. I'm on W7. Sorry if this was solved and I missed the post.

Thank you everyone for the hardwork (though I was afraid when I saw those weirds bug with the first patch xD)

Ā 

Dowolf, you really are a beast. Thank you for everything (By the way I just remember that I sent you a pm via a long time ago. I think I told you the exact same thing)

Actually been lurking for a very long and just now made an account. I'd like to thank everyone that had a hand in working on this project. Thank you so very much! You all are gods!

Ā 

I have a problem with installation though. I'm having the same problem Jamie and TheLetterM are having where I can't click next after choosing what folder install in. My system locale is in Japanese, the folder is Japanese, I tried changing .exe to "ć¾ć˜ć“ć„ļ¼S" and nothing. I'm on W7. Sorry if this was solved and I missed the post.

So there's two things going on here:

1) There actually are a lot of memes and references in the original! That said, obviously they're Japanese memes and references, which might explain why you didn't notice if they were translated literally. When I could think of good English equivalents, I often went with them.* Ditto for wordplay and puns.

2) So I'm gonna be level with you: When you're translating thousand-line sex scenes, sometimes you just want to have fun. Especially because there's very little word variety at times. (On the bright side, by the end, I had a solid list of 20+ ways I could translate ꁄ恚恋恗恄.) For instance, if I started alliterating in the middle of a line, well... Sometimes I would keep going with it.

Ā 

However, I actually have a strange loathing for the phrase "rustle [one's] jimmies." I'm surprised I used that one.

*Also, I'd just like to randomly shout out the people doing the Gundam official translations. Whenever there was a reference to a famous Gundam line, when I tracked down the original translation, it was almost invariably quotable. This is not usually the case (looking at you, JoJo translators).

Because of the bug you mentioned in readme I decided to look for patches for Maji S, and yeah, found the patch here:Ā 

http://www.minatosoft.com/majikoi-s/support/index.html

Ā 

I assume that the game installed from disks comes with version 1.00

And the patch here update the game to 1.30 don't know if it fixes the issue.

I guess it's better to have 1.30 than 1.00, right?

So there's two things going on here:

1) There actually are a lot of memes and references in the original! That said, obviously they're Japanese memes and references, which might explain why you didn't notice if they were translated literally. When I could think of good English equivalents, I often went with them.* Ditto for wordplay and puns.

2) So I'm gonna be level with you: When you're translating thousand-line sex scenes, sometimes you just want to have fun. Especially because there's very little word variety at times. (On the bright side, by the end, I had a solid list of 20+ ways I could translate ꁄ恚恋恗恄.) For instance, if I started alliterating in the middle of a line, well... Sometimes I would keep going with it.

Ā 

However, I actually have a strange loathing for the phrase "rustle [one's] jimmies." I'm surprised I used that one.

*Also, I'd just like to randomly shout out the people doing the Gundam official translations. Whenever there was a reference to a famous Gundam line, when I tracked down the original translation, it was almost invariably quotable. This is not usually the case (looking at you, JoJo translators).

Because of the bug you mentioned in readme I decided to look for patches for Maji S, and yeah, found the patch here:Ā 

http://www.minatosoft.com/majikoi-s/support/index.html

Ā 

I assume that the game installed from disks comes with version 1.00

And the patch here update the game to 1.30 don't know if it fixes the issue.

I guess it's better to have 1.30 than 1.00, right?

Did you change the folder names after installing? Is the folder named "ēœŸå‰£ć§ē§ć«ę‹ć—ćŖ恕恄ļ¼ļ¼³"? btw the name of my .exe is "ć¾ć˜ć“ć„ļ¼³"

Ā 

ps. thx for the translation guys, now to wait for someone to pick up majikoi A-2 for my extra fix of mon-sama.