Majikoi S Translation Project Discussion

He uses a slang term for "I'm sorry," which is what "My b" is.

...A lot of the complaints I've been hearing is about the use of slang, which seems strange to me. Like, when you're chatting with your friends, do you speak in perfect literary English (or whatever your native tongue is)? The idea of doing so strikes me as bizarre.

But I dunno. If people are that bothered by it, it can certainly be toned down.

Dunno "come March" sounds good to me o.O

As for "My b" thing I think it would be better to use "My bad" instead, more people are accustomed to it.

My b(hard urban language) -- My bad(urban language) -- My mistake(normal language)

I don't mind though, but probably some people would have problems with this.

Still need to finish some routes in normal Maji, then I'll dig into this masterpiece  ^_^

For some reason, I did not encounter any bug, especially the bug that needed the 100% save. I don't know if it's because I already played half of the game with Wairu's patch and then patch it with the current one but I guess it's a good thing for me though :D

Bugs aside, I really like how Margit addresses Chris with this translation though, Frau Chris seems sooo appropriate and natural, gj guys!

I just got out of high school myself. I have never heard anyone say "My B". My friends and I rarely use slang outside of references or jokes. It is really jarring to hear for me. That said. I dont have a problem with slang. I'm just saying that it might not be as smooth as it could be here. It should be everyday type speech not internet lingo (unless it happens to actually be internet lingo). I say we keep VNs as accurate as possible. Would Yamato actually say MY B? After reading almost the whole series I just cannot picture him saying it. Now would that one girl? (You know the one) YES! She practically already does. She ends all of her freakin' sentences with "kei". Yamato just does not seem like to type to break out into slang like that. Casual yes. Though I feel that this could easily turn into a slang vs no slang thread for a few pages.

The problem is that internet slang has started to leak out into the real world, making the distinction much less clear than it once was.

I already feel old because I reject changes made from past the age of 12. Curse them kids with their stupid cats and douge. I DONT WANTZ CHEEZEBURGER DOG F******* DAMMIT!!!

Wooooooooooooo~

Thanks for the awesome work guys! Congrats to everyone involved. Take all of my gratitude!

As for the use of slang, in particular, the 'My b' part, it took me several seconds to try to figure out what he meant when he said it.

That was literally the first time I've ever seen 'my b', while I'm no expert on slang, I find it odd to have never heard of it before. And I practically use slang every time I have a conversation with a friend, I've even used 'my bad' on several occasions.

I'm not saying to not use slang, cause it would be weird without it, but maybe try to use more recognizable(?) slang instead.

Finally, the whole 'come ___' vs 'this upcoming ___' argument, is completely nonsensical to me. As already stated, both of them are valid ways of saying the same thing. And in this case, 'come ___' feels more natural to me.

Hey guys, thanks for the great work!!

ranting time: I installed the patch and was about to play when the following error gave me a huge downer

2mpgae0.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/2mpgae0.jpg

I figured it wrote that I need the 2nd disk, which is weird because I have it mounted when I click the play button, and it still writes the same problem

btw if you press on the button it takes you to some site

2rx8w1l.png

http://i59.tinypic.com/2rx8w1l.png

Can any1 be kind enough to please tell me how do I get myself out of this? Thanks!

Thank you so much. VN translation is a tiring grind, especially this H-filled content, but you managed a huge amount of lines in that short time.

Finally got to finish both the main games now and I can barely believe it. You guys are my fucking heroes!

Take a well-deserved rest and don't feel any pressure whatsoever to continue this charity.