Majikoi S Translation Project Discussion

Some people just get over excited.

To be fair, it's a bit confusing to come into a project midway rather than being there from the beginning.  Or after it's finished.  Lord knows I've had to prowl through 100+ forum pages looking for information about something that no one had been talking about for several years.

Although sometimes it's just people not paying attention.

To be fair, it's a bit confusing to come into a project midway rather than being there from the beginning.  Or after it's finished.  Lord knows I've had to prowl through 100+ forum pages looking for information about something that no one had been talking about for several years.

Shall I tell you a tale? Once upon a time there was a thread where they posted updates. 

Unfortunately, people filled the pages so fast the thread became nigh-on useless.

And so, two threads were created for a single project. The end.

Now tell me it's difficult to find info on that one.  :sachi:

Shall I tell you a tale? Once upon a time there was a thread where they posted updates. 

Unfortunately, people filled the pages so fast the thread became nigh-on useless.

And so, two threads were created for a single project. The end.

Now tell me it's difficult to find info on that one.  :sachi:

You win this one, Edgeworth...

The first post in this thread links to the project thread, which is locked and contains detailed information and updates, all of which can be read with relative ease.

I need the patch of Majikoi S, someome have it?

Perhaps try reading the thread? 

Here to give thanks to all the people working on this project again, you're amazing people. I recently tried to mess with the game files and figure out how to translate this thing by myself, and found out just how difficult the japanese language is... so I admire the translators.

Hip, hip, hooray!

i refuse to allow myself to touch any other vn before reading this, hehe get it, touch.. cuz vn's... and... yeah sh!tty pun aside i really am expecting this for some reason, it's been like a really long while since i sat down to read anything other that a nukige here and there, i dunno why but i just can't bring myself to read a vn and i think this one might break the curse

The staff room translation is done.

As for progress, that's a trickier question. There are so many ways to measure progress: scripts, line count, character count, kilobytes; and all of them are going to give slightly different answers.

also there's a zero kilobyte script file for some reason, which just throws everything off.

The staff room translation is done.

As for progress, that's a trickier question. There are so many ways to measure progress: scripts, line count, character count, kilobytes; and all of them are going to give slightly different answers.

also there's a zero kilobyte script file for some reason, which just throws everything off.

There is no true route. The bulk of Majikoi S is based off of a scenario where Yamato doesn't fall in love with any of the main heroines from the first game (not the agave route). Even if you discount S as being non-canon, there is nothing in the first game that indicates any single route within it is more canon than the others. 

edit: The "One True End" tag on VNDB for Majikoi has always bothered me and comes largely as a result of the Agave route being untranslated for so long and thus most VNDB users not actually being aware of what it really was. I wish more people would downvote it. :/

So help a brutha out. :P

edit: Okay... so it got a few votes, on the same day, from people with one vote each. In before it gets reported for vote fraud. :P Just to cover my bases, obviously don't downvote that tag if you really do believe Agave or any other route is the true route. And feel free to vote for some other tags, too, VNDB tags can be a bit incorrect at times, I encourage people to vote often, the tag system only works when you do!

Well before I played Agave route, I really thought it was the true route because of the amount of time needed to unlock it. It may or may not be a true route but I think it's not just because I want the true route to be a harem! There I said it!