Majikoi S Translation Project Discussion

I just finished Margit and Kokoro route and i felt like they are more of a side route than a main route but whatever i'll just enjoy the other routes :)

"Main route" is used loosely with this game, in that it means anything that takes longer than 10-15 minutes to read. Because of the way S is set up, only Tsubame, Monshiro, and Childhood/Koyuki would really be "main" routes if we went with the standard definition.

*slapped the activate account button*
Man this project gives birth to new members.
Dropped lurking mode because i saw it was still 0%
Though i see there was nothin' to worry about.
Hope you arent going to stay silent for a decade and then finally come with a update where it says "100%!" with no updates in between lmao.
I was like that when Miyako QC hit rock bottom... then it got silent so i thought you went slowly, but suddenly you slapped me in the face that Majikoi patch was finished.

But man gosh allmighty-ye'old, i didnt know i wouldnt finish Majikoi that fast, i even finished (Translated parts) Majikoi S.
Didn't know i would be THIS into Majikoi, but now here i am... going to lurk because i got nothin else to do... haha....ha.... :mellow:

April Fools be comin' up, i demand that Miyako shall be on 85% and stay there for a while :D

*slapped the activate account button*

Man this project gives birth to new members.

Dropped lurking mode because i saw it was still 0%

Though i see there was nothin' to worry about.

Hope you arent going to stay silent for a decade and then finally come with a update where it says "100%!" with no updates in between lmao.

I was like that when Miyako QC hit rock bottom... then it got silent so i thought you went slowly, but suddenly you slapped me in the face that Majikoi patch was finished.

But man gosh allmighty-ye'old, i didnt know i wouldnt finish Majikoi that fast, i even finished (Translated parts) Majikoi S.

Didn't know i would be THIS into Majikoi, but now here i am... going to lurk because i got nothin else to do... haha....ha.... :mellow:

April Fools be comin' up, i demand that Miyako shall be on 85% and stay there for a while :D

Nah their situation was a bit different.  They didn't update for a while but they were pretty upfront about the fact that the thing holding them back was an inability to make an actual patch for the game.

Unfortunately it doesn't say when a post was last edited, or at all, so you kind of have to pay attention to the OP and just catch in differences that they make.  My guess is they'll update when they finish one of the routes and are moving on to another (according to the list).

Nah their situation was a bit different.  They didn't update for a while but they were pretty upfront about the fact that the thing holding them back was an inability to make an actual patch for the game.

Unfortunately it doesn't say when a post was last edited, or at all, so you kind of have to pay attention to the OP and just catch in differences that they make.  My guess is they'll update when they finish one of the routes and are moving on to another (according to the list).

Ah well... that is nice.

I can't wait to have some more funzies with Kazama Family.

Can also Confirm i didnt have any problems with Kazuko atleast.

One thing is buggin me though.

Understandable that Koyuki route is last since her route is also last... besides one.

"Future where you are an acquaintance of Takae" (unlocks after you cleared Koyuki+future with Koyuki route)

But pah, you ain't be releasin' any partials so why bother.

ANYWAYS!

I'll be waiting for updates

And i'll be watching you mates... every week, everyday, every hour and every minute.

2.png

Ah well... that is nice.

I can't wait to have some more funzies with Kazama Family.

Can also Confirm i didnt have any problems with Kazuko atleast.

One thing is buggin me though.

Understandable that Koyuki route is last since her route is also last... besides one.

"Future where you are an acquaintance of Takae" (unlocks after you cleared Koyuki+future with Koyuki route)

But pah, you ain't be releasin' any partials so why bother.

My guess is that people are having problems with a fuwanovel version or something like that.  As much as I like the service they (used to) provide, it was pretty notorious for having problems.  I haven't tried Kazuko's route with my version, but there's a thread out in the internet somewhere that has a link to both the actual game (not pre-installed) and the patch for it.  If the problem persists after the 100% patch I would probably try that.

So their future routes is pretty quick huh? I really want to spend more time with them. But oh well....

Pretty much. I finished a few of them using ATLAS and a bit of translation work. My Japanese is kindergarten level but I feel I understood most of it. I was honestly most disappointed with Miyako's route in S, moreso than I was in the original. Not only was it quite short, but it.. is describing the setting a spoiler? I'll spoiler it anyway..

is just a continuation of where they left her off in the original in which she is getting ready to go to Germany. So she gets ready to go to Germany with a few disappointing H scenes. That's literally all of it. No "future" at all. Nothing. Also, she has a sort of personality change that doesn't fit her character in my opinion. (I get that she was supposed to have reformed, but being less selfish doesn't change her being Miyako, or it shouldn't)

I guess what I'm trying to say is, even if you're as big a Miyako fan as I am, and were expecting a bit of redemption from the original, don't get your hopes up too high.

Pretty much. I finished a few of them using ATLAS and a bit of translation work. My Japanese is kindergarten level but I feel I understood most of it. I was honestly most disappointed with Miyako's route in S, moreso than I was in the original. Not only was it quite short, but it.. is describing the setting a spoiler? I'll spoiler it anyway..

is just a continuation of where they left her off in the original in which she is getting ready to go to Germany. So she gets ready to go to Germany with a few disappointing H scenes. That's literally all of it. No "future" at all. Nothing. Also, she has a sort of personality change that doesn't fit her character in my opinion. (I get that she was supposed to have reformed, but being less selfish doesn't change her being Miyako, or it shouldn't)

I guess what I'm trying to say is, even if you're as big a Miyako fan as I am, and were expecting a bit of redemption from the original, don't get your hopes up too high.

Yeah unfortunately, Miyako's route was pretty underwhelming in the end there.  She's an interesting character but she doesn't... feel like a main heroine?

Can I request for the movie cutscenes to be extracted and be available for download? It's not included in the movie folder in the game.

Can I second that. I've found some of them on youtube but it isn't the best quality. I'd really love to watch them without opening the game every time.

Starting from where the previous group left off, however there is alot of the work that has poor editing.

I didn't notice anything particularly glaring when I was reading through, when you say poor editing do you mean that the translation itself is bad or that the English text is written poorly?

I just finished the original game yesterday and saw this thread today. I made an account because I want to say thank you to the translation team for all the hard work they have done and are doing. You are doing amazing work. I really am pumped about Majikoi S! Good luck everyone!

From one group to another, best of luck. Majikoi is a fun VN, so I'm looking forward to the sequel. 

Also frankly glad that this isn't coming out for a bit, I didn't move for two days after the first title came out. Getting absorbed in another VN so soon would be terrible for all that real life stuff I'm ignoring.

First, glad to see you guys moving onto more Majikoi things!  Loved what work you did on the original and I'm excited to see that work continue onto this and whatever else you decide to work on.

Do have a quick question about the translation for S though, will the translation extend to subbing things that characters say in the videos?  I know in the majority of the ones that are in Wariu-translated routes there isn't much conversation outside of "Haaaah!  Yaah!  *pow pow explosion*".  But there are some like the first video in Tsubame's route where she's saying something wth a bit of substance behind it (a taunt, maybe?) where a non-speaker is left in the dark as to what's being said.

Obviously subbing a video is far different than exchanging text or editing an image, so completely understandable if it's not in the cards.  Just curious is all.