Friend's Katawa Shoujo keeps deleting itself?

So just as the title suggests, my friend's computer keeps on deleting Katawa Shoujo at some random point after he's turned it off for the day. So far he's been getting around it by reinstalling it and placing his old saves into the new location, but it's getting tiresome, and as of today it actually deleted itself while he was playing it. I'm good with games and tech, but I've never experienced something like this, so I'm hoping you fine Fuwa folks will at least have an inkling of an idea for where we should start.

Now for details that may matter, he's running this on Win7 home premium 32 bit, and he's tried the game download from both the game's site and torrents dozens up dozens of times. Thanks in advance for your input folks.

The ENTIRE game deletes itself, or just a few files/folders?

That is definitely strange.

I don't know what else just deletes stuff other than antivirus so maybe tell your friend to try adding Katawa Shoujo to exceptions list or disable antivirus and see if that changes anything 

How about the torrent stuff?  Did you remember to stop seeding and set it to read-only?  That's the only thing I can think of that might be related but I can't say for sure.

I'll be following the thread.  This is a rare case that genuinely interests me.  Good luck.

The ENTIRE game deletes itself, or just a few files/folders?

That is definitely strange.

I don't know what else just deletes stuff other than antivirus so maybe tell your friend to try adding Katawa Shoujo to exceptions list or disable antivirus and see if that changes anything 

The entire game deletes itself, primary folder and all. It even went after the save folder so he's gotten into the habit of backing up his saves every time he plays. But yeah, I'll definitely tell him to give adding it as an exception to his antivirus a go. I'll report back when we've seen whether that helps or not.

How about the torrent stuff?  Did you remember to stop seeding and set it to read-only?  That's the only thing I can think of that might be related but I can't say for sure.

I'll be following the thread.  This is a rare case that genuinely interests me.  Good luck.

Hrm, I'll tell him to do that as well. He doesn't know the first thing about torrents so it's possible he left it seeding. I'll report back when we've seen whether this helps or not.

Well if files are going away then it seems pretty obvious that it's either a virus or anti-virus issue. As for seeding et al though, when finished torrenting something just:

1. pause seeding

2. copy the downloaded stuff elsewhere (say, your VNs folder if you have one)

3. resume seeding unless you want to be a dirty leech and / or you have limited bandwidth