Has anyone read Parasyte?

Mugi

I'm about 12 episodes into the anime and remembered that it had a pretty old manga to it back in the late 80's, i'm thinking of checking it out. Anyone else read it yet? I wonder if it's completed, I want to know the end already  :ph34r:

Well, I can't say that I have read it, but I can confirm that it is complete. :)

So if you want to jump on ahead with the manga you can do that. Although, you could wait for the anime to finish. Shouldn't be too long now since we are on episode 22.

Yes it's finished and fully translated if you want to read it.

It's 64 chapters long with 30 pages per chapter, shouldn't take you too long to go through.

I don't know how closely it follows the anime though since i haven't watched it but from what i read it's pretty good.

Well, I can't say that I have read it, but I can confirm that it is complete. :)

So if you want to jump on ahead with the manga you can do that. Although, you could wait for the anime to finish. Shouldn't be too long now since we are on episode 22.

I understand. :D I am pretty impatient myself. The whole reason I started watching airing anime was because I was getting too impatient waiting for them to finish so I could marathon them. Now I just get impatient 'cause I don't have my new episode.

*sigh* I can't win.  :amane:

I'm more or less the same way, but I made an exception for Parasyte, Death Parade, and Assassination Classroom, and am itching for a new episode. If only the world was perfect and whole series were released at a time.. Also, if you don't mind me asking, how do you put = :amane:= these in a comment? Are you just putting an image in it and downsizing it? Or is there another emote section that i'm not seeing?

I read the manga last week and I can tell you the anime follows up the manga almost perfectly and it's even better in some ways, the characters look better in the anime and some scenes were better (like

when shinichi cries for the first time(I'm back episode-anime/manga)

) overall the anime is better.

It's something like Monster.

And look the differences between the anime and the manga: (Reiko and murano)

5VwxpVQ.jpg

I haven't watched the anime yet but the manga is completed and even though it hasn't aged very well artwork-wise, i've enjoyed it and certainly recommend it. Having said that, you may want to wait for the anime to finish first (since you'll probably be watching the same ending twice in a row which may put you off) and then try out the manga later and see how it works for you. 

And yeah, i know how waiting for the next episode can be a pain which is why i never watch a new anime/season until it's finished ._."

By the way, how does the anime compare to the manga? Is it more light-hearted, more disturbing or just about the same?