Angel Beats! Translation?

Well, it seems like they want to. They may not be the only ones, though.

Oh that's a juicy piece of information  :makina:

Who else has their sights set on it? We probably aren't going to unless Kazamatsuri decides to machine TL it, which I heard they were planning on doing (but I might not be right so don't quote me on that part)

Edit: Although we already have a translator for it if we do decide to pick it up...

I've been working on the script format, and it's fucking difficult and annoying.

I'm not a hacker so I don't know the details but didn't they use a tool made for Rewrite to extract scripts from AB! ? You could find out how the people over at Amaterasu Translations organized the scripts for Rewrite and do the same?

That tool doesn't deal with the script at all. It only rips out the string table and puts in a new one, it doesn't touch the actual script at all. if you wanted to edit the script, like changing BGs, screen effects, choices etc etc, you can't. You also can't add or remove lines/pages of text, because that requires modifying the script. So if you run out space on a page, well you're screwed, you'll have to cut your translation down.

The script's so damn complicated and so expansive I'm not surprised at all though.

That tool doesn't deal with the script at all. It only rips out the string table and puts in a new one, it doesn't touch the actual script at all. if you wanted to edit the script, like changing BGs, screen effects, choices etc etc, you can't. You also can't add or remove lines/pages of text, because that requires modifying the script. So if you run out space on a page, well you're screwed, you'll have to cut your translation down.

So nobody has effectively extracted the script files yet? Sorry for asking so many questions senpai :nervous: I haven't been keeping up with the news since I have my own project to worry about

So nobody has effectively extracted the script files yet? Sorry for asking so many questions senpai :nervous: I haven't been keeping up with the news since I have my own project to worry about

For Siglus I don't think so, nothing I can find anyway. Nagato did a bit of it for Rewrite, but most of it was left unknown, and while I can't test it as I don't have Rewrite, I don't think it would have actually gotten the script out correctly.

For Siglus I don't think so, nothing I can find anyway. Nagato did a bit of it for Rewrite, but most of it was left unknown, and while I can't test it as I don't have Rewrite, I don't think it would have actually gotten the script out correctly.

I tried to get a hold of Nagato through the Amaterasu Translations forums and through Ixrec's Twitter but had no success. Does Nagato no longer do fan translation work? 

I hear that Ixrec and Nagato are both quite good at reverse engineering VNs

Ixrec doesn't do any reverse engineering, I asked him. Don't know if Nagato does stuff anymore, but I talked to him briefly twice. Don't think he has any interest in working on it. They're both available in #Ammy on Rizon (sometimes, they're nearly always afk).

Ixrec doesn't do any reverse engineering, I asked him. Don't know if Nagato does stuff anymore, but I talked to him briefly twice. Don't think he has any interest in working on it. They're both available in #Ammy on Rizon (sometimes, they're nearly always afk).

Even if Nagato doesn't want to get his hands dirty he would be the go to person for dealing with SiglusEngine. 

Maybe I'll just make an account on their forums and start shitposting like crazy to attract their attention make relevant and informative posts. I have been having a problem with their MOON. patch anyway lol

I tuned in to the stream the kazamatsuri guys were doing the other day and the "translation" is complete machine TL so far. So nothing is really done yet in terms of translation. Not really sure if they have anyone to translate though.

• 4 weeks later...

How about hiring "The Anime Man" for translating it. He did translate Angel Beats using youtube through his playthrough and he has a very well knowledge about the japanese language.

I had to look him up, but he sounds good. Still, everyone else expressed concerns about if a guy got started that he'd get a C&D. Angel Beats! is likely gonna get translated by Sekai Project I bet.

How about hiring "The Anime Man" for translating it. He did translate Angel Beats using youtube through his playthrough and he has a very well knowledge about the japanese language.

I have a strong feeling that we've given up on the idea of translating this for some reason, but don't go by what i say.

I tried to get a hold of Nagato through the Amaterasu Translations forums and through Ixrec's Twitter but had no success. Does Nagato no longer do fan translation work? 

I hear that Ixrec and Nagato are both quite good at reverse engineering VNs

• 3 months later...