Memorable or one of your favorite quotes you get from an anime :D

kirin777

(Favorite:

"Turning my back on a lit-up town, the path I shall follow is an endless wasteland. There are no miracles or signs. Only the night extends before me. I feed on the unwavering spirit and forge my way through the dark journey.

Push forward."- Kawakami Kazuko

For memoribale the ones that pop into my head are:

"The power of one man doesn't amount to much. But, however little strength I'm capable of... I'll do everything humanly possible to protect the people I love, and in turn they'll protect the ones they love. It seems like the least we tiny humans can do for each other."- Roy Mustang

- Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

''The difference between your decision and ours is experience. But you don't have to rely on that. Choose. Believe in yourself, or believe in the survey corps and me. I don't know. I never have, I can believe in my own abilities or the choices of the companions I trust. But no one ever knows how it will turn out. So, choose for yourself whichever decision you regret the least." - Capt. Levi

- Shingeki no Kyojin

"Of course I don't know a damn thing about swords, you dumbass, i don't know how to navigate either, i can't cook, i can't even lie, I KNOW THAT I NEED OTHERS TO HELP ME IF I WANT TO KEEP OF LIVING! - Monkey D. Luffy

- One piece)

They so those who die go to heaven. I don't think so. I think when we die, we live on in someone else's heart. We live on in their memories. Just like how our parents stay in our hearts. But with time, memory fades. That's why people wish to leave something behind. They don't want to be forgotten. Nobody wants to be forgotten. ~ Kaito Kirishima ~ Ano Natsu de Matteru

Humans can’t live without memories, you know. Still, they can’t live on memories alone. You have to awaken from your dreams eventually. Because dreams you don’t awaken from eventually become sadness.

AIR

Nothing will happen if you don't wish for it. — Kuze, Shuuichi(ef a tale of memories)

Although this is from a light novel and not an anime, it's probably one of the most true and memorable quotes I've ever come across.

"Until a certain point in my life, I believed that lives were ruined by conscious malice. I thought that villains were responsible for the destruction of good people. But I was mistaken. It's the thoughtless idiots who steal others' happiness and ruin their lives. Not the evil people—it's the fools, the scumbags who are incapable of considering how much their selfish behavior will hurt others."  - Daiya Oomine 

• 2 weeks later...

(

Chitanda: "I don't think that people should never get angry. That applies to the other deadly sins as well. For example, I think that pride and greed are also important.

If someone didn't have any pride, wouldn't they also be lacking in self-confidence? If someone was free of greed, wouldn't they have trouble supporting their family? And if people didn't envy one another, wouldn't they stop inventing new things?

​Oreki: "Moderation in all things, right?"

Chitanda: "I don't think the concept of 'deadly sins' can be applied to our lives that simply."

Mayaka: "So you think that getting angry isn't a bad thing?"

Chitanda: "Yes. Wouldn't you say that if you can't get angry about anything, you can't really love anything either?"

-Hyouka Seven deadly sins)

• 1 month later...

Hunter x Hunter

Meruem: "I was born as the King of Ants, the crowning glory of life. All of your kind evolved solely to produce me. I am the culmination of generations of their unhesitating service. You are one of many, and no king. Of course you could never win!! The ecology of the Chimera Ant is focused on the endpoint of all evolution... on me. Humanity, with its messy diversity... its individuals... never had a chance."

The greatest quote of them all

"While many can pursue their dreams in solitude, other dreams are like great storms blowing hundreds, even thousands of dreams apart in their wake. Dreams breathe life into men and can cage them in suffering. Men live and die by their dreams. But long after they have been abandoned they still smolder deep in men's hearts. Some see nothing more than life and death. They are dead, for they have no dreams." - Griffith

Another Sakamaki Izayoi Quote!!! (to be precise it´s his introduction).

"I have to thank you for that wonderfully antagonistic introduction of yours. As you can see, I´m dangerous, unrefined, and the name´s Sakamaki Izayoi. I´m also crude, vicious and hedonistic. I´m the worst type of person there is, so I recommen reading all the warning labels before taking that attitude when dealing with me, Ojou-sama."

• 2 months later...

Welcome to the N.H.K. :

The world has become rather convenient.

If you go to a convenience store, there's food, drinks, cosmetics... they even have cell phones for sale.

But they don't sell relationships there.

///

Adapted this from Oyasumi's subs (still not quite happy with first line), original:

The world has become rather convenient.

If you go to a convenience store, food, drinks, cosmetics...
Even cell phones are sold.

But they don't sell relationships there.

"your next line is _____ ____ _______!"
"____ ___ _______!  NGH/IMPOSSIBLE/HOW DID YOU!"

"OHH NOOOOOOO!"  "OH MY GOOOOOOD"  "HOOLYYY SHIT!"

-Joseph Joestar

THIS HAND OF MINE GLOWS WITH AN AWESOME POWER! IT'S BURNING GRIP TELLS ME TO DEFEAT YOU!  TAKE THIS!  MY LOVE, MY HATRED, AND ALL OF MY SORROW. SHIIINNIIINNNGGGG FINGGERRRRRRRRRRRRR!

-Domon, the GAR gundam pilot

I am the bone of my sword
Steel is my body and fire is my blood

Unknown to death, nor known to life

Have withstood pain to create many weapons

Yet, those hands will never hold anything
So as i pray, unlimited blade works

-GARCHER

• 2 weeks later...

Charles Beams. Ryoji's quote almost made me tear up a little.

Here is another from Eureka Seven (not an actual spoiler quote really)

"Even if darkness spreads beyond your sight, where you two walk is the path" - Norb

I love chuunibyou. Those words are true.

• 1 month later...

Suzumiya Haruka's long story when she was speaking to Takiyuki (name spelling?).

The words '5 Centimeters Per Second' and some of the words felt like a poem in the movie.

Scryed, the quote of a secondary character when she gave her own life up to save one of the main characters. I still remember it, and I'm pissed off at the terrible writing and direction the anime had. She's still a great character to remember. Her last words are so <3.

Well, too many to list.

X: There's something I want you to do. I want you to apologize to all the people you killed from the bottom of your heart.

Y: Absolutely. If you apologize first, that is. Apologize to all of my kind that you crushed mercilessly like worms beneath your feet!

Source (spoiler):

Shinsekai Yori