Do you re-read through the common route between each side route?

Mugi

Well?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Do you?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Just so you can completely keep up with what is going on and such? I've never been one to do this, especially with VN's like Hoshizora, with painfully long common routes. But i'm curious if anyone actually does this.

that depends on how the common route is structured, you know with lots of different content after each choices, but when when its mostly the same i make use of the skip button.
best thing to do when possible is reading 3-5 vns at the same time, completing one route and then moving on to the next vn, so that you might re-read the common route (if you dont remember everything clearly)

I might read a common route again, if I took a long break from the VN in question.

But my memory for that stuff is very good, so I can remember everything while I'm overtaxing the skip button.

Katawa Shoujo is an example of a common route which I have read over and over again, because it's good and short.

I only do if I've taken a large break between my first and second playthroughs, which I often do for the sake of maximizing the total yield of a given VN. Otherwise, I act in such a manner that I may be properly immersed in the game nevertheless, especially if I need to make some choices in the common route that come with a significant amount of new content upon their selection.

I would never really do that.. unless the content is so interesting or difficult it's worth to read it a second time. Even then, for more than 2 routes..never. I also don't think most common routes are made to read multiple times anyway, it's more like a (sometimes really long..) introduction before things start to get real!

Usually I do. At least somewhat, might skim a little depending on the story. This is also because I generally take long breaks between the different stories. If they were consecutive I'd probably read and skip in small portions through it? Maybe... depends on the story. Each time I read a different route of Katawa Shoujo, for example, I reread everything. I was less ridgid with Tsukihime, but still didnt completely skip through it until the last route or two

Hell to the no.  I mean, maybe if I was rereading a VN completely, but not between each route.  I've taken over a month to complete a route before, and even then I didn't go back to the common route.

If you'd like, you could add a poll ^_^

Can I still add one through editing the topic? I'm still relatively new so I didn't really think of that.