Spring 2013 Anime Season

Down

I have been watching whatever catches my interest this season, so these are my initial impressions

Uta no Prince Sama 2000%: Continues form the last season, not much to say other than I will watch it

Hataraku Maou-sama!: Very funny so far, and quite enjoyable. I am very much looking forward to seeing more of this

Ginga Kikoutai Majestic Prince: Ok so far, nothing really catching my eye here, I'll wait it out to see if it gets better before giving any final opinion

Photokano: Quite humorous so far and seems like ti will be a fun ride, i am looking forward to more of this.

Devil Survivor 2: Ok so far, not really feeling it but that is probably because I started playing the game right before watching this so I was comparing it the whole time, I will watch it though.

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru: Very funny and very fun, I am looking forward to more of this and will be enjoying every minute of it

Date A LIVE: Well I think the problem I had here is that my expectations were two high, I don't know why they were but for some reason I was really anticipating this show but it did not meet my expectations, I will continue to watch it and try to enjoy the show.

Zettai Bouei Leviatan: So Kawaii, I love love this show that is all I have to say, I mean moe dragon girls why more do you need?

Aku no Hana:... well I am disappointed, as one who is up to date with the manga i really don't have anything els to say it was just not my cup of tea I just hate rotoscoping, if i wanted realism I would not be watching Anime... sigh

Oreimo.: Kuroneko!!! Ah Oreimo is back again and i loved every minute of it there was not one moment when I wasn't smiling while watching this and I am so excited that it is going to the end of then novels. This will be my number one must watch anime this season

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W: Ah Nyaruko how i missed you, ah Mashiro how I missed you fork wielding abilities, All have to say here is I will be watching and enjoying this one

Suisei no Gargantia: Interesting, its done by Urobuchi so I have high expectations for this one.

Shingeki no Kyojin: Awesome! that is all I have to say about this one I am highly anticipating the next episode.

Date A LIVE: Well I think the problem I had here is that my expectations were two high, I don't know why they were but for some reason I was really anticipating this show but it did not meet my expectations, I will continue to watch it and try to enjoy the show.

I suggest you read at least the first few chapters of the LN. The pacing's a little better.

Watched Majestic Prince's first episode and for the first few minutes, I was thinking, "the characters' design looks awfully familiar." It was halfway through the episode when it hit me - the characters have the same design as those in GS and GSD! After watching the entire episode, I liked the battles they had. Hope they won't disappoint. :D

Watched Majestic Prince's first episode and for the first few minutes, I was thinking, "the characters' design looks awfully familiar." It was halfway through the episode when it hit me - the characters have the same design as those in GS and GSD! After watching the entire episode, I liked the battles they had. Hope they won't disappoint. :D/>

Oh my! how did I not see this before! Especially since GS is my favorite Gundam Series! Well I wont be looking at this show the same way anymore, hope this gets really good.

Ok so Shingeki no Kyojin freaked the crap outta me. I'm considering dropping it because it seems so gory and stuff. The last scene really freaked me out. While I agree the animation is really good, the show is just to odd for me. I'll give it one more episode.

I'll say this right now. If you're already that freaked out, then i suggest of you dropping it. There will be more horrible death scenes in this series than the last scene in episode 1. I guarantee you that.

That last scene in episode 1 by the way is censored on a degree. It's more gruesome in the manga.

I'll say this right now. If you're already that freaked out, then i suggest of you dropping it. There will be more horrible death scenes in this series than the last scene in episode 1. I guarantee you that.

That last scene in episode 1 by the way is censored on a degree. It's more gruesome in the manga.

Geez. Thanks for the heads up.

Just watched the first chapter of To Aru Kagaku no Railgun, and in my oppinion, it couldn't start better, especially when:

Misaka is falling upside down and destroys the helicopter. Epic moment.

Just found this on Funnymama

165783_v0_600x.jpg

Railgun S finally starts.

Just watched first episode right now.

Dafuq~ just first episode and "mental-out" appears, for no reason.

Combine with NT-7 synopsis, it is like they are telling us NT-7 will be awesome, good marketing strategy.

And that upside-down railgun is enough to win my heart. Mikoto :wub:

I will leave this here

Pw8uenb.jpg

I watched the first episode of Shingeki no Kyojin last night. It's damn fantastic! One of the best episode ones I've seen in a long time. Easy to understand. Realistic (extremely so) characters. High drawing quality. Stylish. The best show this season for me so far without a doubt :D/>.

Episode 2 keeps it up too. I agree with you, and I'll go so far as to say if it continues, it could very well be in my top 5 favorites.

Episode 2 keeps it up too. I agree with you, and I'll go so far as to say if it continues, it could very well be in my top 5 favorites.

Yeah, I agree. It's been a long time since I've seen something so fine!

Unfortunately, I've never seen the original Railgun so I'm going to miss out on that one~

after watching the new animes this season i guess'

Shingeki no Kyojin = i think this is the best so far, lets see later.

Suisei no Gargantia = among the three mecha anime ive been watching, this one could be my top for now, but after watching the end scene at "valvrave the liberator" episode 1, O_o not sure.

valvrave the liberator = as i said above.

majestic prince = generic?, still watching it though.

Date a live = hmmm...did i exceed my expectations :huh:

photokano = did not follow the mnga adaptation, hope it gets better.

warawanai neko/The "Hentai" Prince and the Stony Cat = JC staff did a good a job in the adaptation, but still its ep 1, hope it gets better.

Oregairu, My youth romantic comedy is wrong as I expected. = sena and yozora? but mybe hagani is better, still watching of course :)

Dansai Bunri no Crime = i think i saw a WIN***T, at episode 2 O_o

Hataraku Maou-sama = my favorite LOL, not that great but maybe i just like the design and characters -- "100 yen knife" :D

valvrave the liberator = as i said above.

I totally called the cute girl dying in the first episode because the main character seemed too much of a daffodil to do anything without some kind of anger motivation, and I raged really hard when it happened. for serious, if she didn't survive that somehow, i'm not watching it anymore.

^spoils the first episode, read at own risk.

Episode 2s are confirming my impressions so far.

Yahari Ore no etc will probably be my comedy of the season, I really love all those dialogs and characters.

Suisei no Gargantia ep 2 was really great.

Shingeki no Kyojin lives up to the expectations.

And there's tons of others... but, yeah, they're in the 'pretty nice' range.

Oh, one thing. Is Date A Live actually a parody? Because it looked A LOT like it was making fun of itself in episode 2, yet it seemed serious at some points... I'm confused.

I totally called the cute girl dying in the first episode because the main character seemed too much of a daffodil to do anything without some kind of anger motivation, and I raged really hard when it happened. for serious, if she didn't survive that somehow, i'm not watching it anymore.

I agree with you.

It's awful, the only anime where the MC was gonna confess to the girl she likes on the first chapter and they kill her. Let's hope she somehow survived and comes up again later.

I already dropped Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san and Zettai Bōei Leviathan. It's not that they were bad, they were just fine, but I'm not gonna spend my time with just fine anime when it doesn't impress me or anything. I just watched those animes without thinking and went with it, they were kind of boring.

Anyway, there are plenty of anime worth watching this season

yeah, i already like her also, then suddenly...

BAM!, but i think shes still alive, though she wont come back sooner i guess, possibly the black haired girl will be the love interest for now, and this anime is already confirmed for 2 seasons, so time will tell.

OK

As Ive been sick as hell I havnt been posting my opinions lately. After spending the day catching up, I can safely say that Im not as enthusiastic as I was after week 1 ended.

Now, dont get me wrong, Ive enjoyed a few of the shows but week 2 was kinda disappointing all around for me with the exception of Devil Survivor 2, Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W, Shingeki no Kyojin and Valvrave the Liberator.

Now there were other shows that I enjoyed but they were not as enjoyable this week. (week 2)

Heres hoping some of these anime pick up a bit. Either way, it beats being in the hospital so ill take it either way!

dunno ryoji, I think hataraku maou-sama is pretty full of win.

Chiho def won my vote for cutest character of the season.

Have to say Eldin, after watching episode 3 of Date A Live Tohka Yatogami is by FAR the cutest character of the season.

Love it. She just makes me smile.

tumblr_mlicgkp7Go1s6auido1_500.gif

tumblr_mlistk93G21rcj8eco1_500.gif