Forums Sidebar: Quicklinks

As promised, yet more chaos has descended upon the Fuwa Forums index sidebar. This time in the form of quick-link images. 

Option 1 -  Large Boxes

QuicklinksOption1.jpg

Option 2 - Small Boxes

QuicklinksOption2.png

I'm interested in criticism, praise, alternates, etc. We're already in this deep, I'm not afraid of doing some science : P 

I like sidebar quick links.

Any plans to change the stuff at the top or just leave it and we have 2 places to go to whatever now :D

Well, if we can do the quick-links right, then yes, we can start messing with the top bar again.

Weren't the previous ones already kinda quick ?

The idea isn't bad. But maybe it's a little too much ^^.

Otherwise, there's only a problem with the colors that don't really blend in, the designs themselves are good.

Weren't the previous ones already kinda quick ?

The idea isn't bad. But maybe it's a little too much ^^.

Otherwise, there's only a problem with the colors that don't really blend in, the designs themselves are good.

They feel a little big and clunky for my taste, too. Maybe we should try having them all in a single row...

nOSJ8fh.png

Looks better (still colors :/), but will you get rid of what's left (or top in other themes) ? it's seems a little strange having the same links on the same page (and so close to each other).

Yes, everyone, I know that there is redundancy between these quick-links, and the forums software links. We'll delete the redundancy once we're happy with a quicklinks solution on the index sidebar.

RE: Nosebleed -- It uploaded the wrong version of that first block. Fix should be in just a sec.

I love it. Graphic links instead of words, very nice. And it replaces the (semi-useless) birthday thing (I always thought it was fairly pointless) which reduces the number of categories on the right.

I ALSO like how it advertises the chat without you needing to sign in.

What if I told you they aren't gone, never were gone, and never will be gone... just... moved...? fufufufufu

The lack of horizontal spacing on "Reviews" is irking me out.

I will make the psd available for anyone's tinkering : P

FYI: sidebar is 250px

Link: All in one row PSD

Link: Four boxes PSD

Since these are gone from the tool bar they are only clickable from the forum front page.

Which makes them quicklinks from the front page, but not very quick from everywhere else.

This is one of the reason of why they where convienient on the left.

Maybe that's intentionnal, but I'll point it out if ever it isn't.