RealLiveMax SDK Manual Translation

Hi everyone!

Sorry I haven't been around a lot lately like I wanted to. Life kinda got in the way a bit.

So, who wants to help me with translating what is one of the biggest, most desired visual novel SDK's (at least to me! :nervous: )? Since VisualArt's released the SDK to the public a few years ago under a free license agreement, it is all available for use! The included files give key insights to how RealLive(Max) works. The only thing different is really the bytecode the Seen.txt file is compiled in.

For those who don't know what RealLive is, RealLive is the engine all of VisualArt's studios used prior to the newer SiglusEngine introduced with Rewrite. I compiled a presentation a few years ago in it using RLDev and stumbled around and couldn't do HALF of what I wanted. (Visual novel introduction panel, running in a visual novel engine! Sure Ren'py was available, but not nearly as powerful!)

The manual and tutorial are all in HTML format, extracted from a CHM file distributed within the SDK. There are also other text files that are helpful that can be translated as well. And, all of the seen script files that are distributed with the sample game/tutorial are HEAVILY annotated as to what each section of the script does what and the function of different commands.

Currently, I have been using Nifty Web Translation and smoothing out the output a little. Not too much has to be rewritten.

So? Any takers? ;)

-Rai

SDK = Software Development Kit.

Tools and resources needed to build a program that runs in the engine. So in other words, the programs and the manuals that are bundled with it can be used to develop your own visual novels that run in RealLiveMax, just like Sekai Project's release of planetarian.

The SDK comes with the following:

RealLiveMax manual in CHM, HTML, and TXT format

Sample game which demonstrates the capabilities of RealLive(Max)

34 part tutorial on building a basic game and customized system menu.

Script compiler (Tpc2000Max)

Image file converter [PSD-->G00] (G00PackMax)

Image file viewer (G00LibMax)

Audio file converter [WAV-->NWA] (NWApack)

Audio file tool (NWAlib)

Voice file tool (OVKPack)

Mouth animation tool (KoeAnm)

Database tool [CSV-->DBS] (CSV2DBS)

These tools can be used by translation groups in compiling their own code and graphics back into the games that are being translated for RealLiveMax. Or illustrious hackers can hack the compiler to make it compile for earlier versions of RealLive. So I figured that translating the materials in the SDK would be beneficial for translation groups as well as people like me who want to do some development at some point.

**To get around the license file check, just copy the "MAXCODE0000.lic" file from another game that uses ReaLiveMax (e.g. planetarian on Steam) to where the RealLiveMax.exe files are located. Or try, as I have and still waiting, contacting VisualArt's through their doujin circle licensing page and obtain the free license through them.