Site Funding Plan: Spring 2015

can we donate to fuwanovel?

not atm, but thank you!

Investing in ads.  You all heard it from the source.  Next we'll find out Fuwanovel is trading on the NASDAQ and Tay is jumping ship with a golden parachute.

:blink: Well played. I'll see myself out now, thanks. :P

I actually got J-List ads. It is a bit hilarious actually when I am browsing for example

Nyaa

and J-List got banner and sideads.

I am against ads but I know you can't bring 60$ every month from your own pocket. You can't survive without some kind of income. If you find a way which doesn't disturb the site too much I would accept it. Not that my opinion matters anyway in the end. 

I am perplexed if I would donate myself every month or not. I don't want the site to die and if we are few to donate it would survive on that. But it feels morally wrong and could be complicated later on. If I skip eating that pizza one day I could donate that money instead and suddenly you got 10$. Yes my city is on the top 5 most expensive pizza in Sweden. -.-

As long as ads aren't the type that plays videos and music without my consent, I'll disable adblock for fuwa (I'll do it now actually). If Fuwa allows donations I'll also make donations (sadly only a meager amount a month, since I don't earn my own money). It's important support a site that you like

Just to clarify: I was more or less talking about ad/monetary partnerships, and not pimping out Zaka. Doubtless we'll start to put up more promotional materials, but that'll be a function of brand-new access to dev PR feeds (which will give us advance information about titles with assets we can publish on the blogs), not paid-for blog content. 

Those sorts of decisions are something Zaka and I will have to iron out, and knowing him I have no doubt we'll find a good solution which keeps our souls and freedoms intact : P

Hoping I will never have to write a 'sponsored' article of any sort.

PSA: You may see ads appear/disappear around the forums over the next few days which may take the forms of either official/unofficial affiliate ads from J-List/Mangagamer, or Google AdSense ads. Please feel free to panic, but please keep the conversation and feedback quarantined to this thread.

Anybody except Marie is welcome to give feedback about the ads, their placement, or report bugs.