Recognition feed on sidebar

Can everybody see the recognition team feed in the index sidebar?

I know the formatting looks weird, but that's because I don't know how to make a proper hook and had to muscle it into the extant layout. Hopefully I can figure it out soonish.

I see it~

~~

Semi-offtopic-ish: Snowtsuku's proposition is interesting, curious as to how others feel about the current sidebar being Calender, Birthdays, Recent Topics, and FuwaFabulous

We'll be playing around with the sidebar over the next week or so. We've got several things to change and one or two things to add. I'll put up a feedback thread once we kick that off, and we'll try and find a good layout.

I can see it after looking for it for a while lol didn't notice it at first.

Well if you want my opinion (newbie opinion, haven't worked on forums/sites yet, just software, but that's not important at all) I would say it would be cool if you would make the sidebars adjustable by the user. I mean let the user arrange it as he sees fit, hide/show the bars he wants (just noticed that the hiding/showing already exists (but I actually meant removing/adding), so it should make the arranging part even easier). For some people birthdays may be more important than calendar so they would want it on top, others may may want the recent posts above, others may not want the calendar, etc. I'm pretty sure it's possible to do that without much work and that would save alot of work for trying to get a layout that would please most people. In long term, you could just make an option in the user pannel where they choose which ones they want, so you can basically add as many as you want witout showing for everyone and without ruining the whole layout and let each member deal with it as they see fit.

But once again, it's just a newb's idea.

sorry for the long messy post, but I'm no good with writting texts...

I can see it after looking for it for a while lol didn't notice it at first.

Well if you want my opinion (newbie opinion, haven't worked on forums/sites yet, just software, but that's not important at all) I would say it would be cool if you would make the sidebars adjustable by the user. I mean let the user arrange it as he sees fit, hide/show the bars he wants (just noticed that the hiding/showing already exists (but I actually meant removing/adding), so it should make the arranging part even easier). For some people birthdays may be more important than calendar so they would want it on top, others may may want the recent posts above, others may not want the calendar, etc. I'm pretty sure it's possible to do that without much work and that would save alot of work for trying to get a layout that would please most people. In long term, you could just make an option in the user pannel where they choose which ones they want, so you can basically add as many as you want witout showing for everyone and without ruining the whole layout and let each member deal with it as they see fit.

But once again, it's just a newb's idea.

sorry for the long messy post, but I'm no good with writting texts...

IPB, our forums software, has a pretty crappy system managing the sidebar. Changes like this would be totally awesome, and I hope we'll get that functionality with IP4, but until that day we're at the mercy of theme settings.