solidbatman's Mega Big Ultra Contest

solidbatman

I've got shit for cards, I'll skip this round as well.

Just draw the cards for people yourself. If you really want people to draw cards before deciding if they want to participate, well, draw them the cards and ask them if they want to fold or not.

How nice of the person not involved to say that. 

:makina: 

I really don't see how it would hurt the people participating now that Batman has decided that the number of 20s is suspicious. If you don't like the cards you get you don't bet, which was basically the idea from the start only Batman decided to trust people for whatever reason. Of course Batman decided not to go down that route, but that's not my fault, now is it?

the only problem is that I can't take back my bet, which I only made because I happened to get a high number on my first draw. Yes, it really was my first draw, although it's probably meaningless to say that now. If I get, say, 7 points in the later draw, then that's it. I'm out.

I do understand why things are going to be this way, and I think it's probably fair, but I'm not really happy about it. Well, whatever. All I can do now is hope that I do well in week 8- I've worked too hard and come too far to quit because of something like this, right?

I really don't see how it would hurt the people participating now that Batman has decided that the number of 20s is suspicious. If you don't like the cards you get you don't bet, which was basically the idea from the start only Batman decided to trust people for whatever reason. Of course Batman decided not to go down that route, but that's not my fault, now is it?

It hurts people like me who did it right.  I'm fine with the change, but not knowing how I'd do I'd bet less. It'd be fine if we could at least do that much.

My thoughts exactly. Marvelous. Well there goes my perfect hand. The condition being that the drawn cards needs to be higher than Bats is unpredictable, if at all, so it really is an all or nothing. Quite literally, because I see no reasonable way for anybody who bet all of their points to make up a loss of 30 points. Pray that he draws a total of 7 or something.

Fuck it. The card drawing part of this is cancelled and I am now adding a Week 9. There is no way I can punish those who cheated, and I am 100% confident some of you did. However, I have plenty of homework due today, and no time to waste drawing your cards because you can't seem to be honest about it. 

Again, this event is cancelled. Look for one final betting event tonight. And prepare for a horrible, evil Week 8. 

Thank you Bats for giving me a delicious idea to torture my english students with...the most important letters of the alphabet and now write a story one. Given me a few others to be honest as well so keep them coming. It would be nice if we did some other stuff outside of this whole gambling/luck thing...I preferred the crap that actually took time to do or required skill to complete. Here's hoping the next one is the most brutal yet.