solidbatman's Mega Big Ultra Contest

solidbatman

I don't know how to read. 

Fair enough.

That explains one of your plot points that you wouldn't have done if you'd read the manga, since the anime cuts off right before it's revealed.

Minor manga spoiler (once again, it happens immediately after the events of the anime):

The walls (except the gates) are filled with huge, dormant titans

Fair enough.

That explains one of your plot points that you wouldn't have done if you'd read the manga, since the anime cuts off right before it's revealed.

Minor manga spoiler (once again, it happens immediately after the events of the anime):

The walls (except the gates) are filled with huge, dormant titans

Nah, anime has that bit at the very end. I just chose to ignore it because its really dumb. 

Survey Corps: The Survey Corps lose Vibrantblade and Rose, who die valiantly to save Suika from the hands of a Natsume class Titan which ends Rose's life quickly, but spends hours upon hours tormenting  vibrantblade, as if trying to get revenge for some unknown sin. This is a grave loss indeed, losing two of the top soldiers. But, the Survey Corps must carry on. They arrive at the inner walls and see both the MP and Garrison preparing for battle. The Corps has two choices: They can either move ahead, using flares to scout positions for the garrison and MP, or they can join the ranks, and join in a massive push.

Garrison/MP: This time, the two corps will work together. Spokespersons, work together to see if your groups wish to perform a grid based systematic destruction of the Titans, or fan out in smaller groups and work to eliminate critical pockets of Titans. 

All three groups have merged together. The Garrison and MP have decided to do a systematic grid based extermination of the Titans. The Survey Corps will join in on the attack. All 3 forces will have their attack bonuses added together on the weakest dice (Survey Corps) so its a 6+23. Titans currently have a 10 sided dice with a +25 roll. Each team death lowers the last and final roll modifier by 1. Titan roll will remain unaffected unless Armored Titan appears. 

There will be three separate rolls, one for each part of the military. Lets hope none of you lose badly enough to bring the Armored Titan. 

Survey Roll: 28

Titan Roll: 34

ELECT ONE DEATH. Survey Corps falls back to inner city for final battle. Armored Titan appears

Garrison Roll: 29

Titan Roll: 28

Garrison slays 1 Titan. Points bonus for Garrison (+5) Garrison can choose to continue fighting as 1/4 of the city is freed or fall back with the Survey Corps

MP Roll: 28

Titan Roll: 30

MP ELECT ONE DEATH. Military Police manage to just barely hold their ground. 1/4 of the city is freed by MP. MP can choose to continue the push, or fall back to inner city.

50% of the city remains under Titan control. The costs have been heavy, but victory is in sight. The final roll happens as soon as decisions are in. Armored Titan bonus is +4 (one Titan death). Final Titan rolls are 10+29

Its really sad how shitty the SC luck has been. The dice have not been kind. 

https://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm

This is the site I've been using for the record. 

All 3 corps decide to regroup inside the inner walls of the City. Things seem very very bleak and only a miracle can save humanity at this point. What follows are the commander's final words to each of the corps.

To the Survey Corps: I had such high hopes for you, and imagine triumph, followed by defeats. You tried to play it cautious and avoided fighting for as long as possible. This couple with bad rolls lowered what I could do for what was supposed to be a high risk, high reward group. This certainly isn't at all what I had hoped for you guys.

To the Garrison: You guys sure do ask a lot of questions, though they all were perfectly reasonable to ask. I was pleasantly surprised by you guys, as you typically chose the best possible choices given. A solid well done.

To the MP: Lazy bums

Now then, lets get to the final rolls. After this post will be the final tally of points. 

Like last time, each team will get a separate roll against the Titans. All teams get a +10 base bonus for being defended by the inner most walls. So You all will be rolling a 6+31 (21 being the carry over). Titans will be 10+29. Will Humanity survive to fight another day?

SC Rolls 37

Titan Rolls 31

6 Titans killed (+30)

Garrison rolls 34

Titans Roll 37

Garrison loses 15 points. (As if 3 were killed. We are at the deadline and cannot elect anymore deaths)

MP Rolls 32

Titans roll 38

MP loses 30 points. (As if 6 were killed. Yes I know only 3 people were left. They conscripted)

Final point bonuses on a team level.

Survey Corps: +10 (4 deaths, -20. 6 Titan kills +30)

Garrison: 0 (3 unnamed deaths, 3 Titan kills)

Military Police: -35 (1 death, 6 unnamed deaths)

People who died only lose 30 points and do not lose anything else on top of that, nor do they gain points. 

List of Dead: Brensen, vibrantblade, Rose, MasterWizard, StrayCat

If you notice anything wrong with this tally, please please let me know ASAP. Otherwise, the final scores will be entered and will be shown in about 3-4 hours. 

Interestingly enough, it seems my gambit worked. Only one member of the Military Police managed to hold on to their spot in the top 3. Now, the prizes Ren has offered, I will let him decide how those go out so hold on for just a little bit longer for the Infinity games and the Key Memorial Box. For everything else, the first place winner gets to pick their prize first from the available. The second place winner gets to pick second, and the third, well you get it. Note: Pancake mix was a joke, but if you want it bad enough, I'll buy you a gift card to a local grocery store.

FOR EVERYONE WHO WAS A PART OF THE FINAL WEEK: You will all be getting a little something. I can't say when I can do it, but I will do everything I can to give you all a little treat for hanging in there and putting up with all of this madness and stupidity on my end. I fully recognize and understand that this contest was a clusterfuck, all of which was my fault for not properly planning, and not keeping up with it as well as I should have. So, I do apologize for that, and I hope that the small prize will be of some consolation, as well as hopefully restoring a little faith in me. I am aware that this contest may have hurt my "stellar" reputation. 

Now then, I won't go and post everyone's score here. Just the top 5. If you want to know your score, and where you placed, feel free to send me a PM. Now then, on to the main event.

In 5th place, finishing in a tie with 43 points, are MasterWizard, and Norah_Crises

In 4th place, with 45 points, is Quark

In 3rd place, with 58 points, Flutterz (he somehow wins something in every contest ever run)

Finishing 2nd place, with 61 points, congratulate Suikashoujo (who should be extremely thankful for the sacrifices of Rose and vibrantblade this past week)

And our first place winner, with 94 points, and one incredibly lucky day, is Edumax! Be sure to send me a PM with your prize of choice 

Again, thank you to everyone who stuck around. Things got rough in the middle, and I could have done much better, but you all hung in there to the end. Again, thank you.

If you have any final questions, comments, concerns or just want to yell and scream at me for being shitty at running a contest, feel free to send a PM. The top 3 winners will not change though. 

And Zodai, because I know my curious Garrison spokesperson will want to know, you finished with 28 points ;)

Guest Gurluas

Mhm, I wish I didn't mess up one of the assignments by handing it in too late, still this was a very fun contest (:

Congrats to the winners ^^