solidbatman's Mega Big Ultra Contest

solidbatman

The Survey Corps head back to the city by going through the forest. They get a +1 bonus added to their +5 due to favorable terrain for combat. Unfortunately for the Survey Corps, the Female Titan appears giving the Titans a +10 bonus to their roll. (SC roll 14, Titan roll 17. Titan win) The Survey Corps has the early advantage, but the appearance of the Female Titan causes major morale loss. Heavy casualties taken. All future Survey Corps rolls now get only a +3 modifier. Survey Corps must decide who died in this attack. Elimination of a top scorer will result in a penalty to the modifier.

The Garrison decides to retreat to the inner walls to better concentrate their forces. The fact that most people have evacuated already makes this decision easier for them. (Garrison roll 8, Titan roll 6) Luckily for the Garrison, they take down a few titans as they retreat (Points given) and the Armored Titan does NOT appear. (Garrison roll 5, MP roll 4). The MP briefly reopen the gates to allow the Garrison to bring in their equipment. The walls are safe for the moment, but that won't last. The refugee situation is critical as their is not enough space to go around, along with a severe lack of food and water for everyone. Garrison choices: Begin battle preparation, or help the refugees by distributing food and water. 

The Military Police begrudgingly opened the gates to the inner city to allow their comrades to enter. They also attempt to get the high ranking officials to safety (MP roll 7, Titans 12). The throng of people make that impossible, if not dangerous as these officials are not highly looked upon by the many peasants that have entered the inner city. The conditions are close to a riot. MP options: Make a path through the people, or keep the officials safe in the building. 

This extension is for a few reasons, the main one of which is that the funds I had set aside to handle the prizes and shipping is now being used on medical bills. Meaning, even if I ended this tomorrow like planned, prizes would still be at least 2 weeks from being able to even be purchased and shipped. 

The Survey Corps manage to get to the city with the female Titan giving chase. They lose Brensen in the process sadly. Upon arriving at the city, they discover a dire situation. The entire outer area of the city has been overrun and there is no one fighting the Titans. Choices: Fight the Titans, Retreat to the Inner City

The Garrison begins passing out what little food and water there is. This in fact has a calming effect on people as it helps to see the authority assisting those in need. The Garrison can either confront the MP to take over policing duties, or continue fulfilling the MP job.

The MP just continues standing watch. The Garrison passing out food and water has eased the tensions somewhat. The MP can choose to either get the officials out now, or help the Garrison. 

The Survey Corps decides to retreat to the inner city. The Titans, having free reign in the city, and a Female Titan are now at a +15 bonus to their roll. (Survey Roll: 4, Titans Roll:17) They take heavy losses trying to retreat, and arrive at the inner walls morally, and physically drained. The Survey Corps must now elect two people who died in this debacle of a retreat. 

The Garrison continues to pass out food and water to the people and are now joined by the Military Police. This allows the Garrison to reinforce the Survey Corps upon their arrival. (SC regains +5 roll bonus). However, the situation is hopeless. The Titans surround the walls completely. The Garrison has two choices: Attempt to drum up volunteers from the population to keep the Titans off the walls (possible positive bonus, or negative penalty based off dice roll), or they can do the job themselves (status quo, possible points bonus).

The Military Police work on handing out food and water to the citizens. This will go a long way in repairing the relationship between the citizens and the MP should humanity survive this crises. The MP can either continue handing out water, or join the fight. 

This contest will end May 23. Because of that, let me explain how deaths work. If you die, you lose 30 points to your overall contest score. Your team also loses 5 points to theirs for every death on their team. Yes, the dice rolls are random. Penalties to modifiers only happen if I specify them, so don't worry about me hiding a modifier penalty. 

To gain points, your team has to roll well above what the Titans roll in a combat situation, or pick certain options in this contest which are specified (I think). These bonuses are dependent on how far over you rolled and apply to the full team. 

To the Survey Corps: You may repick your 2 deaths for this past scenario with the knowledge of this new information. Seeing how this time, I received some people in the running to win, I realized it was completely unfair on my part to not have given you this information beforehand. Should the SC not care to change, just say so. Once I receive an answer, the next scenario will go up. 

This information applies to all teams.

If you have any other questions about how scoring works, please ask me. I will release a early score sheet for this particular portion of the contest tomorrow, detailing how many points your team will have applied to their final score. 

Is there even hope for those who are not among the top 3-5 right now? I kinda doubt it.

The possibility exists. Especially seeing the MP decision this time. 

Fans of AoT might notice a certain Titan still hasn't shown up, and the Female Titan is still running amok in this scenario.