solidbatman's Mega Big Ultra Contest

solidbatman

Question.  How much discussion are we allowed to have on this thread?  Are questions to be PMed directly to you or should they be asked in the thread?  How do we know when the conclusion we've reached is an 'answer', as opposed to just another part of the trail?  Is it something only Fuwa members would pick up on as a clue, or would anyone who come across it probably find a thread as well even if they weren't aware of the contest's existence?

Somehow, I feel like this doesn't bode well for non-regulars =P

I'm certain of it... I just hang around fuwachat... rarely come to the forums and when I do I just check the most recent new threads and the threads which I replied... So I have no freaking idea what the heck is the damn "midweek madness" or what he meant by CPU -.- I'm screwed... today's challenge sucks!!

Somehow, I feel like this doesn't bode well for non-regulars =P

It's actually relatively simple for anyone familiar with basic forum functions.  I'm trying to be vague since I think we're intended to keep some answers to ourselves, so the others don't find it.  On the other hand, I'm at a dead end and I can't tell if I've reached the answer or if there's more to it.  Right now I'm running through everything I can find (Right now I'm in a dark alley pertaining to level four revive materia) but I see nothing relating to the contest outside of the first clue, so if that really is the answer then this is a much shorter hunt than I was anticipating.

It'll be really, really clear when you reach the end, I won't say more than that, but trust me, you'll know.

Hm...am I on the wrong path then? Or is this a ploy to confuse me further? What signs would mean we're on the right path? The opening was easy enough but after that there's nothing I can see that would qualify as a 'clue.'

Question - does the entirety of the hunt take place on Fuwa, or are we being directed to other sites as well?

DAY 6

Do you like scavenger hunts? I sure wouldn't in your spot. Oh well. Day 5 is an actual challenge. Figure it out goofs. Day 6 is a different beast all together. Follow the trail, beginning somewhere in a post about some midweek madness. CPU's will open the maze. 

Need more dexterity. What is it you even want us to find? Is it a thread, a post, a poster, a tiago, etc...? 

The maze made me think of ambidex...fuck it I'll follow the madness.

Need more dexterity. What is it you even want us to find? Is it a thread, a post, a poster, a tiago, etc...? 

The maze made me think of ambidex

I'm on a dead end as well.  The closest I got was a store page but I'm not finding any hints there.  I'm trying to double back and see if I missed anything but up until then the route seems fairly straightforward.

I am assuming that this challenge will end somewhere off forums, seeing the lack of anything. Marvelous.

No, it's just really confusing for those unfamiliar with forum software.  This is the kind of **** that gives designers migraines.  There's not enough information for anyone to progress without some degree of luck/assistance.  It's like being thrown into a game without a proper tutorial, so to speak.  More frustrating than compelling.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ExtraCreditz

Just a bit of a resource for any further challenges.  It's important to make sure stuff is clear and that all the design areas are in check.

So i guess it's some task my cellphone isn't able to do, or at least easily. Guess i'll have to wait till tomorrow

That's correct, actually.  At least it's substantially harder to do on a phone.  The challenge in-general seems to be a little rushed and while I can see that solid's been a bit busy lately I'd have to say it's probably doing more harm than good this time around.  There are a few too many assumptions made about both what the player already knows and what they'll pick up on as they go through the hunt.  So it's very easy to become impossible.  There's like, one piece where I can see an effort was made to craft a decent learning curve (The last question involves very obscure information, but the answer to the question before it gives you a clue) but everything else is just assuming the player will have information they usually won't, in addition to making it an impossible challenge unless the player makes assumptions that most people probably won't make.

I think I got it, but it seems too simple so I may be missing something.

If you make it to the end, it explicitly tells you you've gotten to the end.  It's very simple, but the difficulty lies in the inconsistency of the rules rather than a need to go into deep thought.  It's Fake Difficulty, as one would put it, and has a lot to do with luck in whether or not the player ends up picking up on certain things that aren't so much as glanced at in the rules themselves.

If the player is unable to realize the white-out mechanic, or comes to the conclusion that any piece of the hunt takes place somewhere other than Fuwa, you've essentially doomed yourself to failure unless you find someone willing to help you.  And given the fact that the second clue directly states a Steam Sale, if they don't pick up on the white-out mechanic in that post they'll be directing themselves outside of Fuwa.  So a majority of the playerbase is doomed from the start.

In the words of a famous author,

HALP

HALPU ME

http://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/8995-solidbatmans-mega-big-ultra-contest/page-21#entry263556

Pay attention to the first half of this post.  Ignore the link at the bottom.  That's at least half of the information required in order to function in the hunt.  Frankly it's stuff that should've been mentioned to begin with.

That's correct, actually.  At least it's substantially harder to do on a phone.  The challenge in-general seems to be a little rushed and while I can see that solid's been a bit busy lately I'd have to say it's probably doing more harm than good this time around.  There are a few too many assumptions made about both what the player already knows and what they'll pick up on as they go through the hunt.  So it's very easy to become impossible.  There's like, one piece where I can see an effort was made to craft a decent learning curve (The last question involves very obscure information, but the answer to the question before it gives you a clue) but everything else is just assuming the player will have information they usually won't, in addition to making it an impossible challenge unless the player makes assumptions that most people probably won't make.

If you make it to the end, it explicitly tells you you've gotten to the end.  It's very simple, but the difficulty lies in the inconsistency of the rules rather than a need to go into deep thought.  It's Fake Difficulty, as one would put it, and has a lot to do with luck in whether or not the player ends up picking up on certain things that aren't so much as glanced at in the rules themselves.

If the player is unable to realize the white-out mechanic, or comes to the conclusion that any piece of the hunt takes place somewhere other than Fuwa, you've essentially doomed yourself to failure unless you find someone willing to help you.  And given the fact that the second clue directly states a Steam Sale, if they don't pick up on the white-out mechanic in that post they'll be directing themselves outside of Fuwa.  So a majority of the playerbase is doomed from the start.

http://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/8995-solidbatmans-mega-big-ultra-contest/page-21#entry263556

Pay attention to the first half of this post.  Ignore the link at the bottom.  That's at least half of the information required in order to function in the hunt.  Frankly it's stuff that should've been mentioned to begin with.

I was so wrong.

Yeah I have no idea what to do here. You fucked me real good this time, right between mi buttocks that is.

You're not the first one.  There are a few fundamental concepts that got conveniently glossed over that basically make the hunt impossible if you don't catch onto them by luck early on.  Go back to the midweek clue, go to where it leads you, then stare at it until you figure out why everyone fucks up there.

You're not the first one.  There are a few fundamental concepts that got conveniently glossed over that basically make the hunt impossible if you don't catch onto them by luck early on.  Go back to the midweek clue, go to where it leads you, then stare at it until you figure out why everyone fucks up there.

If I even knew what that meant I would. I think I have understood what I'm supposed to do, I just have no idea where to do it. Maybe I'm just stupid.

If I even knew what that meant I would. I think I have understood what I'm supposed to do, I just have no idea where to do it. Maybe I'm just stupid.

The first clue is referencing a post on the Fuwa boards.  That post 'supposedly' leads to the steam page that you no doubt were able to infer from the first clue on your own, but that second clue is actually leading to something else entirely through reasoning that just frustrates anyone who doesn't figure it out by chance.