FuwaRPG?

CruelN1N1

Well i want to make an fuwa rpg in RPG MAKER ACE VX ACE, so i need a little help to understan that program so far i come with this idea: Admins and mods are the party, skill are like delete comment: basic attacks, kick: stun attack etc etc(nosebleeds has certain blood related abilities or at least i want to) for the enemies they will be common enemies guests, special enemies: some random users and bosses some "famous" members, so far my idead are good i think, but making it's the hard thing, if someone can help me to understand how to make i'll apreciate it

Hmmmm. Well there should be tons of resources you can use over at the RPG Maker forum. I have frequented there a few times, back when I dabbled in the RPG Maker series. Pretty general question to ask, how to do it, but I can give a few pointers. Its all like, super basic stuff though, as I never really got super into VX Ace, and I don't know EVERYTHING that has changed.

You will want to go into the database and start changing things. Delete all of what is already in each of the columns for party members, skills and items. I think you can do this quickly by setting the max items in the list to 1, unless that changed from VX to VX Ace, and switching it back up to whatever number that you desire.

You'll probably want to import your own tileset, but I can't help you with that one. They changed the way it works from the original VX, so you might have better luck looking around the VX Ace forum. Unless there is someone else around here who knows the RPG Maker stuff better than I, which is very likely.

Depending on how fancy you wanna get with it (different style of battle system and stuff like that), it'll get a little tougher. However, I would love to see a FuwaRPG. The luls to be had with something like that would be phenomenal. 

This sounds like the next big hit.

Well first of all you can take a look at the tutorials offered by RPG maker just so you can grasp the basics: http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/support/products/tutorials

If you're the one programming it and you're completely new to the scene that's probably where you should start.

If you need help with things like art assets feel free to ask, although i think your primary focus right now is making a rough layout for the game.

Either way this game NEEDS to exist.

I have a lot of funny ideas for the admins and mods i don't think it will get boring in any case i will add OriginalRen.

Use an engine that has the language you prefer? Anyway if I'm not mistaken, Ruby supports OOP so I guess that makes it easier. Thanks i'll try that.

Lucky i can generate characters since idk how to draw.

i talked to many develope and we can all agree that RPG maker is not a engine, its a program that helps build a rpg with extreme limited coding. there is no way to out-code it since rpg is only for a pixel game and no amount of coding can replace the program. the whole game is exe only but people have problems with rpg maker's games.

that being said i would highly recommend not using rpg maker, your knowledge with C is good to build a rpg in 3D which is much more popular than a pixel game.

I think the goal of RPG maker has always been to facilitate making pixel games though, which you can't deny have their own charm.

From what I heard it's pretty simple to use for small projects like this. Yeah it's limited in the amount of things you can do, but it's still nice for small games, and I think it's perfect for something of this scale.

I don't think the goal here is to create the next blockbuster RPG.

Yeah it uses ruby so far i learned "C"it's going to be pain to make this...

I'd learn whatever language you need before trying to build something.

The headache is unreal otherwise. 

It reminds of me when I was trying to build a site before being fluent in HTML5 and CSS3. 

(I'm not much of a programmer)

I'm suprised you cant just use C# for the game though.

Yeah i COULD build a 3D rpg game but i'll do mostly this alone, so it's hard doing it, it's going to be 10 levels only, 1 boss in every lvl (for example is some member is from a deser he will be a boos in a deser lvl for example)

If you make a documentation, I'll toss in some modules in my free time

I'd learn whatever language you need before trying to build something.

The headache is unreal otherwise. 

It reminds of me when I was trying to build a site before being fluent in HTML5 and CSS3. 

(I'm not much of a programmer)

I'm suprised you cant just use C# for the game though.

It depends. HTML and CSS are used for UI/UX. When it comes to high level programming languages though, it's not much of a problem unless you're dealing with language based/dependent libraries/framework.

I'm curious about these 'random members' and 'famous members'.

10/10 if you put our lord and savior Okami and our leader Facade in it.

The final bosses.

Only thing you need to be careful of with this RPG is skirting that line between being funny and poking fun at staff/members in a light hearted fashion, and being mean spirited. Not everyone will take things as a joke. Good luck to you. I look forward to seeing this come to fruition. Maybe Sekai Project can publish it  :makina:

It depends. HTML and CSS are used for UI/UX. When it comes to high level programming languages though, it's not much of a problem unless you're dealing with language based/dependent libraries/framework.

Well obviously you can't compare HTML and CSS to compiled languages..

My point was not to use a programming language you're not familar with.

It'd be like If I tried to make a game in C# having written about 10 lines of code in the past.

The final bosses.

Only thing you need to be careful of with this RPG is skirting that line between being funny and poking fun at staff/members in a light hearted fashion, and being mean spirited. Not everyone will take things as a joke. Good luck to you. I look forward to seeing this come to fruition. Maybe Sekai Project can publish it  :makina:

For that i'll PM everyone to see what they think about his character and traits.

I'll stick on rpg, it seems more easy the hard thing are the scrips

Well obviously you can't compare HTML and CSS to compiled languages..

My point was not to use a programming language you're not familar with.

It'd be like If I tried to make a game in C# having written about 10 lines of code in the past.

I only have basic information like IF WHILE THEN ELSE etc etc, so i using this since it's "easier" to make i might go and use a older version they they seem easier